1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Oct '13 22:11
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I AM talking about your so-called god, IT was 100% man made. 2000 odd years have gone by while incredible atrocities have been committed both in its name and by organized thugs killing by the millions, by the hundreds of millions and all of that totally ok by your so-called god, nary a word against all that killing, the crusades, the religious based attacks ...[text shortened]... een hundred years, going on as we speak today.

And you worship this god of non interference.
    I hope someday your heart softens enough to see the truth. That hate is coming from somewhere. Let it go.
  2. Standard memberempovsun
    Adepto 'er perfectu
    Moves
    12 Oct '13 01:29
    Originally posted by JS357
    OK so what is it, and why?
    There isn't one. God created genders...
  3. Standard memberempovsun
    Adepto 'er perfectu
    Moves
    12 Oct '13 01:41
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I hope someday your heart softens enough to see the truth. That hate is coming from somewhere. Let it go.
    He is only reiterating the hatred some tiny powerful "holy" men implemented throughout history. It's not his doing, or his fault. He is only projecting the negatives, but he has a point: Christians should realize that killing in the "name of God" is blasphemy. Thou shall not kill. It's pretty clear, in my opinion.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Oct '13 04:20
    Originally posted by empovsun
    He is only reiterating the hatred some tiny powerful "holy" men implemented throughout history. It's not his doing, or his fault. He is only projecting the negatives, but he has a point: Christians should realize that killing in the "name of God" is blasphemy. Thou shall not kill. It's pretty clear, in my opinion.
    We see from Jesus, the Son of God, that the command is actually "DO NOT MURDER." Some of you do not realize there is a difference between Kill and Murder. Jesus said that if you are angry with your brother without a legitimate cause that you are guilty of murder in your heart. However, everyone should be aware from Biblical examples that all killing that results from wars is not murder.

The Instructor
  5. old pueblo
    Moves
    12 Oct '13 04:29
    OK so what is it, and why?
    No physical body, no reproductive organs, no gender. God would have to be a combination of the essences of male and female.
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    12 Oct '13 04:43
    Originally posted by Sahuaro
    No physical body, no reproductive organs, no gender. God would have to be a combination of the essences of male and female.
    Yes IMO to you and empovsun in your sentiments, I would say God is not genderless, but genderful. Of course this is hypothetical.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Oct '13 05:27
    Yes IMO to you and empovsun in your sentiments, I would say God is not genderless, but genderful. Of course this is hypothetical.
    HA, good point.

I, myself, have no problem ascribing male qualities to God. While many of His qualities could be seen as female (nurturing, loving, caring, shielding, protecting), He clearly wants to be known as our Father in Heaven, which is what He is. I say let's honor Him by letting Him choose how to be represented. After all, what's it to you? Does this affect you either way? Do you even have an opinion on your own OP?
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Oct '13 17:35
    I was thinking God might be thought of as genderful, and everythingful. What could there be of (in, about etc.) the universe, that is not of God?
    But then there is no god 🙂

But yes, I agree with your answer, however I would add a bit to it ..
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '13 20:32
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    HA, good point.

I, myself, have no problem ascribing male qualities to God. While many of His qualities could be seen as female (nurturing, loving, caring, shielding, protecting), He clearly wants to be known as our Father in Heaven, which is what He is. I say let's honor Him by letting Him choose how to be represented. After all, what's it to you? Does this affect you either way? Do you even have an opinion on your own OP?
    I think I and all of us would have been greatly affected if the Ultimate Divinity (currently presented in the Abrahamic religions as the male God) had been presented, up to today, as female, or perhaps even moreso, as "genderful."

So believers are left to tell us why God chose to present as male. after all, it's their narrative.

Anthropologists are left to sort out why man would have chosen to present God as male, where they have. They could also explore how societies that don't do this, if there are any, might differ from those who do.

I tend to think that the Abrahamic God is male because of the ability of males, at bottom, to control things physically. IOW, it does not take into proper account the ability of females to control things psychologically. I would add a smiley if I didn't mean it.

But it does rather boggle my mind as to what the differences would have been.
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '13 21:021 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    But then there is no god 🙂

But yes, I agree with your answer, however I would add a bit to it ..
    Well, if we posit that everything that is of the universe, is of God, does that mean that everything that is of God, is of the universe? IOW is God the universe plus something else?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree