OK so what is it, and why?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 06:07
    Originally posted by JS357
    God chose to reveal Himself to humanity as masculine. So I think we should respect that decision.

The Instructor
  3. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 06:17
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    God chose to reveal Himself to humanity as masculine. So I think we should respect that decision.

The Instructor
    You are an expert at putting God into boxes. It is not your decision to choose what God is.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 07:42
    Originally posted by Tygert
    You are an expert at putting God into boxes. It is not your decision to choose what God is.
    So you do?

The Instructor
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 10:39

The Instructor
    A god did not reveal anything. Since your religion was invented by men, naturally the god attributes made up by those men would put men on the top of the staircase and therefore your god is considered masculine. That is the long and the short of it.

The 'gods' invented by women say, in Malta 10,000 or more years ago naturally had female attributes but when male dominated religions came to power the female gods were relegated to history.

As will yours in time.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 19:53
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    A god did not reveal anything. Since your religion was invented by men, naturally the god attributes made up by those men would put men on the top of the staircase and therefore your god is considered masculine. That is the long and the short of it.

The 'gods' invented by women say, in Malta 10,000 or more years ago naturally had female attributes but wh ...[text shortened]... ed religions came to power the female gods were relegated to history.

As will yours in time.
    You are talking about false man-made gods. I am talking about the true God.

The Instructor
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 21:09

The Instructor
    So presumably God could have chosen to reveal Herself to humanity as feminine, and if She had done so, we would respect that decision (in part by using "Herself" and "She" like I am here).
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 00:462 edits
    Lol... thanks or the giggles on that title ...

The "god" principle is actually feminine in nature, however there are many facets to what "God" or "god" entails depending on who you're talking to and also in what context.

Of course there is no god who is the ultimate perveyor of the whole universe, but there are various forces that act in unison to create the manifested universe which we in habit.

"God" , the unmanifested energy that pervades all is genderless , because it's unmanifested nature
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 01:45
    So presumably God could have chosen to reveal Herself to humanity as feminine, and if She had done so, we would respect that decision (in part by using "Herself" and "She" like I am here).
    What you are doing is disrespecting God.

The Instructor
  10. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 01:55
    For the Christains, Muslims, most American Indians, Jews, and a few others, God is a Male figure. I'm uncertain of many other religions and groups. However, if you believe there is a God or Supreme Being, just stick to it, and don't worry that someone else might think He, She or It. In the end, you will find, God Loves!
  11. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 01:59
    How is that disrespecting God? God only revieled a portion of Himself to anyone. Didn't Jesus say, if they are not against us they are with us. Or is that too hrd to understand. I told you, be carefull with that name. You are no more an instructer than i am.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 02:01
    Originally posted by karoly aczel

The "god" principle is actually feminine in nature, however there are many facets to what "God" or "god" entails depending on who you're talking to and also in what context.

Of course there is no god who is the ultimate perveyor of the whole universe, but there are various forces that act in unison ...[text shortened]... od" , the unmanifested energy that pervades all is genderless , because it's unmanifested nature
    God has both masculine and feminine qualities. However, He used a woman to birth a Son to manifest Himself in a fleshly body. Referring to Jesus, the apostle Paul wrote, "In Him dwells the fullness of the Godhead bodily." Jesus Himself said, "If you have seen Me you have seen the Father." Jesus called God, His Father.

Jesus was not called the daughter of God, but the Son of God. And all Christians acknowledge that Jesus is God in the Flesh.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 04:48

The Instructor
    I AM talking about your so-called god, IT was 100% man made. 2000 odd years have gone by while incredible atrocities have been committed both in its name and by organized thugs killing by the millions, by the hundreds of millions and all of that totally ok by your so-called god, nary a word against all that killing, the crusades, the religious based attacks by Muslims for the past thirteen hundred years, going on as we speak today.

And you worship this god of non interference.
  14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 04:51
    Originally posted by karoly aczel

Of course there is no god who is the ultimate perveyor of the whole universe, but there are various forces that act in unison ...[text shortened]... od" , the unmanifested energy that pervades all is genderless , because it's unmanifested nature
    I was thinking God might be thought of as genderful, and everythingful. What could there be of (in, about etc.) the universe, that is not of God?
  15. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 05:36

The Instructor
    Your true god is "arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully".

You're welcome to him / her / it!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree