1. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    14 May '18 01:06
    Originally posted by @fmf
    So if you are not involved in a conversation with him, what are you doing? Trolling him because you disagree with him?
    Troll dredging. Dredge up one and the others follow.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 May '18 01:15
    So if you are not involved in a conversation with him, what are you doing? Trolling him because you disagree with him?
    When I quote the teachings of Jesus and the Apostles, their church doctrine looks very stupid. In this case Paul explains what a good confession is and I quoted two passages from Pauls letters. Their church doctrine teaches another doctrine.

You have to understand how hard it is for them to accept.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 May '18 01:28
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    When I quote the teachings of Jesus and the Apostles, their church doctrine looks very stupid. In this case Paul explains what a good confession is and I quoted two passages from Pauls letters. Their church doctrine teaches another doctrine.

You have to understand how hard it is for them to accept.
    So his interpretation is different from yours... so you call him a "troll" and give up the pretense of a conversation. What has made you so angry?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 May '18 09:551 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship

He has the fiches. He has the victory. He alone has the consecration and the obedience and even the faith.
    Typo:

I meant to write:
    "He has the [riches]."

Not "fiches".
  5. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    14 May '18 11:271 edit
    Matthew 6:2&3 - "Therefore, when you do a charitable deed, do not sound a trumpet before you as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory from men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. 3 But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing..."

Matthew 6:6 - "But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 May '18 17:18
    So his interpretation is different from yours... so you call him a "troll" and give up the pretense of a conversation. What has made you so angry?
    Do you realize this reply of yours was to rajk? You two are usually soul kissing in here.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 May '18 10:42
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Confess here folks...

My confession is that despite my faults, my lack of faith, my sin, my unbelief and my selfish perspective...I can sincerely confess that Jesus Christ is my Lord and saviour. I stand by this statement not in my own strength but through him who upholds me.

Jesus is Lord.
    Amen. Jesus is Lord.

"O Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus You are Lord."

Good morning Divegeester . Jesus is the Lord !
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 May '18 10:46
    Amen. Jesus is Lord.

"O Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus You are Lord."

Good morning Divegeester . [b]Jesus is the Lord !
    [/b]
    Good morning sonship, you sound invigorated and ready for the fray.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 May '18 10:553 edits
    Good morning sonship, you sound invigorated and ready for the fray.
    Recently, I had a big moral failure. Only me and the Lord Jesus know about it here. It was bad enough to tempt me to never come back to this Forum.

But praise the Lord for His precious blood which cleanses and His picking up His saints for a fresh and new beginning. Amen.

Then I realized again what I have realized before. Failure, though not to be sought EVER, is humbling. And sometimes after a failure the rebound is invigorating and fresh.That is because of His grace and mercy.

I am making a confession of my own here.
    How good it is I don't know. But we all need to be humbled that God could pick us up and cause us to stand in His grace.

Good morning.
    Good morning Lord Jesus ! Rather God morning, Lord Jesus!
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 May '18 11:28
    [b]Recently, I had a big moral failure. Only me and the Lord Jesus know about it here. It was bad enough to tempt me to never come back to this Forum.....I am making a confession of my own here.
    Do you mean that you got in a bad mood about the scrutiny your posting comes under in here, had some negative thoughts about the scrutiniser(s) and decided albeit briefly, to flounce off in a hissy fit?

That’s kind of how this reads 😛
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 May '18 11:431 edit
    Do you mean that you got in a bad mood about the scrutiny your posting comes under in here, had some negative thoughts about the scrutiniser(s) and decided albeit briefly, to flounce off in a hissy fit?

That’s kind of how this reads 😛
    It had nothing to do with anything happening here.

What is important?
    The humbling a saint undergoes when self confidence is shattered. She or he realizes afresh - it is all His grace. It is by His grace that we stand, that we walk, that we rest in Him.

I have tried to get some to realize this.
    I had to re-realize it myself. And I do not expect it to be the last time.

It is the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ that empowers the believer to stand and walk.

Paul's final word to Timothy in the whole New Testament:

" The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you." (2 Tim. 4:22)

Paraphrase :

"Timothy, my young learner, WHATEVER happens never forget this - It is the Lord Jesus Christ Himself Who is with your innermost being - with your human spirit. There with your spirit is the power. There is the empowerment. There is the grace.

It is not in yourself per se brother. The strength, the love, the obedience, the consecration, the everything, the all ... is in the Lord who is WITH ... your spirit. Grace of the Lord be with you."
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 May '18 13:08

What is important?
    The humbling a saint undergoes when self confidence is shattered. She or he realizes afresh - it is all His grace. It is by His grace that we stand, that we walk, that we rest in Him.

I have tried to get some to realize this.
    I had to re-realize it myself. And I do not expect i ...[text shortened]... he all ... is in the Lord who is WITH ... your spirit. Grace of the Lord be with you." [/quote]
    Does your bible have the whole of Pauls letter to Timothy? Read it.
    Read what happens to Christian saints who do not live righteously and do good works.

Grace is not for Christians to abuse.
    You are a grace abuser.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 May '18 16:05
    Then why did you write this about you "confession" then?
    (which was not a confession really anyway)

Posted by sonship
    "It ['my big moral failure'] was bad enough to tempt me to never come back to this Forum."
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 May '18 16:28
    Then why did you write this about you "confession" then?
    (which was not a confession really anyway)

Posted by sonship
    [b]"It ['my big moral failure'] was bad enough to tempt me to never come back to this Forum."
    [/b]
    Its simple. People have been telling him how long and tedious and nonsensical his posts are. He did not pay that any mind. He continued and when I told him the very same thing he basically laughed it off and started a new thread to see if he had any support for his posts. Only Romans1009 and Dj2becker replied and thats really no support to talk about. That is the failure he is speaking of.

If he would only just post like a regular poster instead of these monotonous nonsense he would get more ears around here.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 May '18 17:111 edit
    Confess here folks...

My confession is that despite my faults, my lack of faith, my sin, my unbelief and my selfish perspective...I can sincerely confess that Jesus Christ is my Lord and saviour. I stand by this statement not in my own strength but through him who upholds me.

Jesus is Lord.
    My confession is that despite my faults, my lack of faith, my sin, my unbelief and my selfish perspective... I can sincerely confess that Jesus Christ is my Lord and saviour. I stand by this statement not in my own strength but through him who upholds me.

Jesus is Lord.

Amen to that good confession. Not only Jesus is Lord but ... "Lord Jesus" we call on His name.

Good to see you distance yourself a little from Rajk999.

No one can see "Lord Jesus" except in the Holy Spirit.

Here's the better translation of Romans 10:9

" But what does it say? The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that is, the word of the faith which we proclaim.

That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

For with the heart there is believing unto righteousness, and with the mouth there is confession unto salvation."

It gets even better.

For the Scripture says, "Everyone who believes on Him shall not be put to shame."

For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord is Lord of all and rich to all who call upon Him.

For whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." (See Romans 10:8-13)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree