25 Feb '18 09:50
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Were you born an atheist?
    I can’t remember
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 10:11
    Where’s Becker gone again, it’s so weird.
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 10:14
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Where’s Becker gone again, it’s so weird.
    He's not very good at multi-tasking.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 10:33
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    He's not very good at multi-tasking.
    In all seriousness, glad to see you back in the game and that FMF has taken you under his wing. You can learn a lot from FMF, but go slow!

Don’t try to quote Shakespeare right away - sophisticated, high-level trolling is like cross-training. You need a solid foundation first.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 11:51
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    In all seriousness, glad to see you back in the game and that FMF has taken you under his wing. You can learn a lot from FMF, but go slow!

Don’t try to quote Shakespeare right away - sophisticated, high-level trolling is like cross-training. You need a solid foundation first.
    Your constant mocking of people who are obviously more intelligent than you is one of your more interesting qualities.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 13:57
    Originally posted by @secondson
    You're the one that missed the point.

ThinkOfOne, and Rajk999, both believe that one must keep the law to enter the kingdom of God.

The truth of the gospel of the grace of God teaches that the law cannot produce the righteousness necessary to enter the kingdom, but that it is God's grace that imputes the righteousness of God apart from the law.

It is the new covenant made by God without conditions attached to it.
    One must keep the law of Christ to enter the Kingdom of God.

Jesus said that.
    I believe Him.
    If you don't it's your funeral
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 15:08
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Apparently the good news according to TOo is that no one will be saved because only those without sin will make it to the Kingdom of God.

If I have misrepresented your beliefs feel free to correct me Think of One.
    I've never said that it's impossible for any individual to no longer commit sin.
    Jesus never said that it's impossible for any individual to no longer commit sin. In fact He said just the opposite both explicitly and implied in many different ways.

Evidently that is your belief.
    How does is it logical to apply your belief - that I don't share - to my position?
    How wouldn't doing so NOT result in your misrepresenting my position?

If you remain true to form, you won't actually address any of the points I've made here.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 15:15
    Originally posted by @secondson
    You're the one that missed the point.

ThinkOfOne, and Rajk999, both believe that one must keep the law to enter the kingdom of God.

The truth of the gospel of the grace of God teaches that the law cannot produce the righteousness necessary to enter the kingdom, but that it is God's grace that imputes the righteousness of God apart from the law.

It's fascinating how so many make claims such as this, when the vast majority of them actually believe that there ARE conditions attached to it. Of course they don't all agree on what those conditions are, but that's another matter.

Actually ThinkOfOnce believes that one must truly become righteous to enter the Kingdom of God. By "truly", I don't believe that "imputed" nonsense made up in a lame attempt to get out of a theological corner.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 15:18
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    [b]It is the new covenant made by God without conditions attached to it.

It's fascinating how so many make claims such as this, when the vast majority of them actually believe that there ARE conditions attached to it. Of course they don't all agree on what those conditions are, but that's another matter.

ThinkOfOne, and Rajk999, both believ ...[text shortened]... 't believe that "imputed" nonsense made up in a lame attempt to get out of a theological corner.
    When Jesus said that he was sent by God do you think he was correct?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 15:19
    [b]It is the new covenant made by God without conditions attached to it.

ThinkOfOne, and Rajk999, both believ ...[text shortened]... 't believe that "imputed" nonsense made up in a lame attempt to get out of a theological corner.
    Do you believe that Jesus was in fact the messiah?
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 15:42
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    The default position for human beings is atheist.
    And thus, "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 15:45
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    One must keep the law of Christ to enter the Kingdom of God.

Jesus said that.
    I believe Him.
    If you don't it's your funeral
    He also said that one must believe in him.
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 15:50
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    He also said that one must believe in him.
    Of course belief in Him is required. When Jesus was preaching His gospel He used the terms "believe Him" and "believe in Him" essentially in three different ways: 
    1) Believe that He has the authority to speak the word of God 
    2) Believe that His words are the word of God 
    3) Believe His words in and of themselves. 
    Jesus did NOT use them to mean to believe in the "redemptive work on the cross for salvation" or what have you.

That "believe in" Him equates to believing in "His commandment", "the things [He] speak[s], "[His] sayings", "the word[s] [He] spoke" cannot be laid out much more straightforwardly than the following: 

John 12 
    46 “I have come as Light into the world, so that everyone who believes in Me will not remain in darkness. 
    50 “I know that His commandment is eternal life; therefore the things I speak, I speak just as the Father has told Me.” 
    48 “He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day. 
    49 “For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak. 

"He who has ears to hear, let him hear".
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 15:54
    Actually ThinkOfOnce believes that one must truly become righteous to enter the Kingdom of God. By "truly", I don't believe that "imputed" nonsense made up in a lame attempt to get out of a theological corner.
    By "truly" righteous you mean without God, by one's own works. Imagine: You think one can enter God's Kingdom, the place he went to prepare for us, without him? Without even believing in his redemptive sacrifice for us?

Believing that Jesus keeps the promises he made to us regarding that he redeems us of sin (the "imputed nonsense" that you say you do not believe in), and THEN keeping our promises to him is precisely how we become actually righteous.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree