1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 17:56
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    I was born without an opinion on the existence of God and so were you. We both have one now.
    You were born without any awareness or need for God. You, like I was born an atheist.

What you had an 'opinion' on came much later when a human being introduced the idea to you.
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 17:581 edit
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    [b] You think one can enter God's Kingdom...Without even believing in his redemptive sacrifice for us?

In the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry, He never stipulated that. If you think He did, then cite the passages.

By "truly" righteous you mean without God, by one's own works.

No by abiding in His word and having His word abide in you. This Jesus did stipulate. Do you need to see passages?[/b]
    John 11:25

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me will live, even though he dies.

John 6:35
    Jesus answered, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to Me will never hunger, and whoever believes in Me will never thirst.

John 4:14
    But whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a fount of water springing up to eternal life."

Matt 18:6
    But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 17:59
    Do you have anything to say about the OP?
    You see, but do not perceive.

Try page two.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 18:05
    I've never said that it's impossible for any individual to no longer commit sin.
    Jesus never said that it's impossible for any individual to no longer commit sin. In fact He said just the opposite both explicitly and implied in many different ways.

Evidently that is your belief.
    How does is it logical to apply your belief - that I don't share - to m ...[text shortened]... ion?

If you remain true to form, you won't actually address any of the points I've made here.
    Maybe if you state your position on salvation unequivocally no one would misrepresent you.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 18:11
    Maybe if you state your position on salvation unequivocally no one would misrepresent you.
    Maybe if you were to not project your beliefs into the position of others, you would not misrepresent me. Instead you chose to "play the victim".

And you did remain true to form and didn't actually address any of the points I made in my post. How about turning over a new leaf?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 18:15
    I have yet to meet an atheist or agnostic that is too ashamed to admit their belief.
    It’s not about shame.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 18:16
    [b] You think one can enter God's Kingdom...Without even believing in his redemptive sacrifice for us?

In the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry, He never stipulated that. If you think He did, then cite the passages.

By "truly" righteous you mean without God, by one's own works.

No by abiding in His word and having His word abide in you. This Jesus did stipulate. Do you need to see passages?[/b]
    Do you believe that Jesus was sent by God?
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 18:19
    You see, but do not perceive.

Try page two.
    I don’t see anything there about what you perceive to be the good news.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 18:27
    I don’t see anything there about what you perceive to be the good news.
    Evidently no new leaf for you.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 18:29
    Evidently no new leaf for you.
    You can run but you can’t hide

😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree