1. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Dec '05 17:07
    I just read Time magazine's Dec 26 cover story about good samaritans. I cant help but wonder if there are millions of good samaritans in the world who are living the kind of life Christ spoke of in Matt 25, who will be welcomed into the Kingdom. Its also possible /likely that many of these have never read the Bible or even heard about Christ. In the parable of the Good Samaritan in Luke 10, Christ seems to be suggesting that the Samaritan (a gentile) is the one that will be given eternal life and the priest and the Levite will be 'cast into outer darkness'.

Seems to me that the Good Samaritans of the world are going to be in good shape on judgement day and the rest of the world is doomed, regardless of their .. going to church, taking communion, singing hymns, praising the Lord, praying etc etc.
  2. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 12:55
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Seems to me that the Good Samaritans of the world are going to be in good shape on judgement day and the rest of the world is doomed, regardless of their .. going to church, taking communion, singing hymns, praising the Lord, praying etc etc.
    Could that be the message JC was trying to convey in that particular parable?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 15:01
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Could that be the message JC was trying to convey in that particular parable?
    Seems that way to me. There are many who dont really listen to the teachings of Christ and instead place more emplasis on Paul .. , but he said the same thing.

In the first 3 chapters of Romans, Paul spoke of the virtuous gentile with no knowledge of Christ or his teachings. Again the message is crystal clear... The do-gooders, regardless of where they are from, are the kind of people Christ is looking for to welcome into his kingdom.
  4. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 15:36
    The do-gooders, regardless of where they are from, are the kind of people Christ is looking for to welcome into his kingdom.
    I figure in the story JC is emphasising compassion--urging people to realise their basic human nature & act accordingly.
  5. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 15:37
    Seems that way to me. There are many who dont really listen to the teachings of Christ and instead place more emplasis on Paul .. , but he said the same thing.

In the first 3 chapters of Romans, Paul spoke of the virtuous gentile with no knowledge of Christ or his teachings. Again the message is crystal clear... The do-gooders, regardless of where they are from, are the kind of people Christ is looking for to welcome into his kingdom.
    But why did he create the evil-dooers, if he doesn't want them in his kingdom?
  6. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 15:41
    Originally posted by stocken
    But why did he create the evil-dooers, if he doesn't want them in his kingdom?
    JC isn't supposed to have created anything.
  7. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 15:49
    Sorry. I thought Christ was the big guy and JC referred to Jesus Christ as the lesser one. Not very good at christianity.

It's still puzzling. Only do-gooders are welcome into the Kingdom. Then why did the creator, who rules the Kingdom (or is it just Jesus there?) create evil-dooers in the first place?
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 16:17
    The Supremacy of Christ (from Colossians 1:15-20, speaking of Jesus Christ)
    He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 16:42
    Originally posted by stocken
    Sorry. I thought Christ was the big guy and JC referred to Jesus Christ as the lesser one. Not very good at christianity.

It's still puzzling. Only do-gooders are welcome into the Kingdom. Then why did the creator, who rules the Kingdom (or is it just Jesus there?) create evil-dooers in the first place?
    The creator created free will, from which naturally stems good and evil. There several books written by the prophet Enoch (who was mentioned in the New Testament). These books were excluded (deliberately probably) by early the Roman Catholic Chruch. The book is called 'The Book of Enoch' and it gives a description of how evil came about. Have a read .. its easily avaialbe on many websites.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 17:14
    I figure in the story JC is emphasising compassion--urging people to realise their basic human nature & act accordingly.
    The parable is in response to a direct question about eternal life. The choice of the 2 actors in the parable .. a priest, and a Levite (pillars of the then society who lacked compassion) was another of Christ's attack on established religion. Modern day religion has degenerated into a similar state and Christ will no doubt be unhappy that his so-called followers believe in their own superiority.

The reason for the choice of the Samaritan who were considered to be socially and spiritually inferior should be obvious. His message seems to be that a compassionate heathen will get eternal life faster than a selfish uncaring Christian.
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    03 Jan '06 00:161 edit
    I just read Time magazine's Dec 26 cover story about good samaritans. I cant help but wonder if there are millions of good samaritans in the world who are living the kind of life Christ spoke of in Matt 25, who will be welcomed into the Kingdom. Its also possible /likely that many of these have never read the Bible or even heard about Christ. In the parable heir .. going to church, taking communion, singing hymns, praising the Lord, praying etc etc.
    That is because of this.

Romans 3:23;6:23
    John 3:35-36.

Good bye and see you in a couple of weeks.
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    03 Jan '06 00:18
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    That is because of this.

Romans 3:23;6:23
    John 3:35-36.

Good bye and see you in a couple of weeks.
    Are you seeking another forum ban?
  13. London
    Moves
    03 Jan '06 10:40
    More or less.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree