The Gospel of Jesus vs The Gospel of Paul

The Gospel of Jesus vs The Gospel of Paul

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
14 Feb 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Who do you think created each and every one of us?
The answer is in the post you are replying to.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Humans.
And you’re not at all curious about where this spirit came from (assuming you believe in the theory of evolution, how it is the product of an evolutionary process) and why this spirit is restricted to humans in your view?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 18

Thanks for this information.
Let me know if you want the Biblical verse that refers to this

F

Moves
14 Feb 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @romans1009
And you’re not at all curious about where this spirit came from (assuming you believe in the theory of evolution, how it is the product of an evolutionary process) and why this spirit is restricted to humans in your view?
You're asking me your where does it come from question again. I already spoke previously about the evolutionary process as it pertains to both human nature and the human condition.

F

Moves
14 Feb 18

Because of the capacity and functionality of the human brain and the plethora of cultural products it has given rise to over millions of years as it has evolved and as human needs have become more complex and increasingly possible to cater to.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 18

You're asking me your where does it come from question again. I already spoke previously about the evolutionary process as it pertains to both human nature and the human condition.
No, I’m asking you if you’re at all curious. Why do you consistently either misrepresent what I ask and say or misread what I ask and say?

F

Moves
14 Feb 18

No, I’m asking you if you’re at all curious. Why do you consistently either misrepresent what I ask and say or misread what I ask and say?
Send me a PM with the question "Are you at all curious?" in it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 18

Because of the capacity and functionality of the human brain and the plethora of cultural products it has given rise to over millions of years as it has evolved and as human needs have become more complex and increasingly possible to cater to.
So the spirit is the result of “a plethora of cultural products?”

Saying the Spirit is due to the “capacity and functionality of the human brain” really doesn’t answer the question. It basically just says our brains are big and complex.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 18

Send me a PM with the question "Are you at all curious?" in it.
Yeah, I’ll get right on that.

F

Moves
14 Feb 18

So the spirit is the result of “a plethora of cultural products?”
Just go back and read what my definition of the "spirit" is. If you personally cannot work out ~ from what I have written ~ what I think the relationship is between the plethora of cultural products resulting from human development and human endeavour, on one hand, and the human spirit as I have defined it, on the other, then I can live with that lack of understanding on your part.

F

Moves
14 Feb 18

Saying the Spirit is due to the “capacity and functionality of the human brain” really doesn’t answer the question. It basically just says our brains are big and complex.
Our brains are big and complex and its functionality is what gives rise to the capacity for abstraction which in turn gives rise to things like religion and ideas like the existence of supernatural souls. This conjecture and contemplation, in harness with our unique personhoods, housed in our physical bodies, are, I believe, what our individual "spirits" consist of.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 18

Our brains are big and complex and its functionality is what gives rise to the capacity for abstraction which in turn gives rise to things like religion and ideas like the existence of supernatural souls. This conjecture and contemplation, in harness with our unique personhoods, housed in our physical bodies, are, I believe, what our individual "spirits" consist of.
And what is responsible for our “unique personhoods?”

If you think it’s solely genetics and the environment, why would identical twins raised in the same household not have the same “personhoods?”

F

Moves
14 Feb 18

And what is responsible for our “unique personhoods?”
This has already been stated and explained. Please read the content of my posts.

F

Moves
14 Feb 18

If you think it’s solely genetics and the environment, why would identical twins raised in the same household not have the same “personhoods?”
Because of how I have defined and explained personhood.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 18

This has already been stated and explained. Please read the content of my posts.
I suspect you’re just (again) dodging a question you can’t answer so I’m not going to bother re-reading your prior posts.

If your modus operandi wasn’t claiming you’ve answered difficult questions when you haven’t, then I probably would bother with going back to your prior posts.

Just “calling it as I see it, as everyone should,” and I anticipate you will acknowledge or note this post, and, for that, I offer you an advance “thank you.”