1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 10:32

Because Evangelicals have been steeped in the theology of the Pauline Epistles before they scrutinise the teachings of Jesus in the red letters of the Bible, they have read Jesus through the eyes of Paul.

Even if you have some ground for the observation it is just an excuse. And you prefer that we be "steeped" in your humanism and come to the New Testament ready to eliminate from the Gospels crucial portions, like His resurrection and instructions to His disciples.

You prefer that we come steeped in anti-miraculous bias.
    It is of God's sovereignty that He secure FAITHFUL disciples to help us on.

You're not one of them, not yet.
    You can't compete with any of the disciples, including the late coming Apostle Paul. Would to God that you could compare with some of them. That would be welcomed.

This despite the fact that perhaps the most prevalent theme in the gospel preached by Jesus is the importance of the words He spoke in the gospel He preached during His ministry.

Among His words are these telling ones:
    "I have yet many things to say to you, but you cannot hear them now.

But when He, the Spirit of reality comes, He will guide you into all the reality; for He will not speak from Himself, but what he hears He will speak, and He will declare to you the things that are coming." (John 16:12,13)

It is clear that Jesus Christ had more to teach and explain to His disciples. You're mad because a man filled with the Holy Spirit, the Apostle Paul (as one of a few), further helped the church to know God's economy.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 11:57
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    That’s a great point.

Plus, salvation by good works equates to everybody being saved since everyone, at one time or another, has done something good or nice for someone else.

But don’t ask how many good works are needed for salvation or what types of good works are needed or whether bad works cancel out good works or whether a just God would base s ...[text shortened]...
    The salvation by works crowd will never answer those questions and instead will start trolling.
    I just love it when you talk to yourself.
    Mentally insane forum style.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 12:04
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    It's quite telling that each time you are cornered you respond with insults.

Nothing new there. 😴
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 12:462 edits
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    That’s a great point.

Plus, salvation by good works equates to everybody being saved since everyone, at one time or another, has done something good or nice for someone else.

But don’t ask how many good works are needed for salvation or what types of good works are needed or whether bad works cancel out good works or whether a just God would base s ...[text shortened]...
    The salvation by works crowd will never answer those questions and instead will start trolling.
    'Salvation by good works equates to everybody being saved since everyone, at one time or another, has done something good..,'

Salvation by good works equates to no such thing. Please reference who has ever claimed that?! As for how many good works are required, then I guess that is up to your God on Judgement day.

And again, why the need to say 'troll' at least 10 times a day. I'm sure I'm not alone in cringing every time you say it. People responding and challenging you on your posts is not trolling. It's debating. - You do exactly the same thing yourself (tenfold).
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 12:54
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    What he also can't seem to get into his head is that if good works were enough to save us there was no need for Jesus to die on the cross.
    Perhaps you need to get into your head that not everybody buys in to the whole crucifixion/resurrection thing, and that for those people 'good works' are a critical part of their faith. - We can even extrapolate out in to other religions and see the importance put of good works (karma) and the key impact this has on ones spiritual journey.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 13:45
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Perhaps you need to get into your head that not everybody buys in to the whole crucifixion/resurrection thing, and that for those people 'good works' are a critical part of their faith. - We can even extrapolate out in to other religions and see the importance put of good works (karma) and the key impact this has on ones spiritual journey.
    The man fails to understand the purpose of Jesus's death.
    Like many Christians they are indoctrinated to believe that all of mankind are hopeless sinners and the death of Christ allows them to enter the Kingdom of God while continuing in their sinful ways.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 14:22
    Like many Christians they are indoctrinated to believe that all of mankind are hopeless sinners and the death of Christ allows them to enter the Kingdom of God while continuing in their sinful ways.
    And you are not indoctrinated to believe that works without faith can save you?
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 14:23
    If it were an atheist I would totally understand.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 14:47
    And you are not indoctrinated to believe that works without faith can save you?
    Of course, I am indoctrinated by Christ who said that those who enters the Kingdom of God are the ones who do good works. Paul told Christians, [Ephesians, Galatians, Corinthians, Phillipians and more ] who are saved, that unless they also do good works and live righteously they will not inherit the Kingdom of God. {Saved does not imply eternal life]

God will reward every man according to his deeds. Christ will judge even the atheist and rewsrd him accordingly. So you are missing something in your doctrine.

Here is what I believe ... again:
    - Jesus saved ALL PEOPLE by his death, not just Christians
    - The Faithful Christians WILL DO GOOD WORKS and they will rule with Christ.
    - The mouth worshiping Christians will be destroyed along with evildoers.
    - Those who profess no faith but whose works are pleasing to Christ will enter the Kingdom of God.

What is common among those who enter the Kingdom is good works and righteousness.
    What is common among those who are cast out is a lack of good works
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 15:15
    More insults instead of substance?

More bearing of false witness against me?

Is this how you think a Christ follower behaves? Are you honoring Christ with this behavior?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 15:17
    It's quite telling that each time you are cornered you respond with insults.

Nothing new there. 😴
    Indeed.

Trolling with insults is often his fall back position when asked a question he can’t answer.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 15:20
    'Salvation by good works equates to everybody being saved since everyone, at one time or another, has done something good..,'

Salvation by good works equates to no such thing. Please reference who has ever claimed that?! As for how many good works are required, then I guess that is up to your God on Judgement day.

And again, why the need to ...[text shortened]... n your posts is not trolling. It's debating. - You do exactly the same thing yourself (tenfold).
    <<Salvation by good works equates to no such thing. Please reference who has ever claimed that?! As for how many good works are required, then I guess that is up to your God on Judgement day.>>

Thanks for weighing in, Mr. Atheist! Not surprised you deny that believing in Jesus Christ and accepting Him into your heart is all that is needed for salvation and that good works are simply a manifestation that one’s faith in Christ is genuine and that the Holy Spirit has indwelt the new believer and is changing his or her heart.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 15:22

And again, why the need to ...[text shortened]... n your posts is not trolling. It's debating. - You do exactly the same thing yourself (tenfold).
    <<And again, why the need to say 'troll' at least 10 times a day. I'm sure I'm not alone in cringing every time you say it. People responding and challenging you on your posts is not trolling. It's debating. - You do exactly the same thing yourself (tenfold).>>

I think you’re exaggerating the frequency and I only say someone is trolling when they respond to sincere questions with insults and false claims about what I believe and have said.

I would think as Head Troll Emeritus, you would know the definition of trolling.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 15:24
    Sure, those people aren’t Christians. I’m allowed, as a Christian, to defend my faith, as much as that may upset you.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 15:311 edit
    That’s not at all what I believe and you’re trolling again by bearing false witness against me.

Salvation is by believing in Jesus Christ and accepting Him into your heart. That’s it.

Good works are evidence that one’s belief is genuine and not a requirement for salvation.

One who has sincerely and genuinely accepted Christ into his or her heart will naturally sin less and less due to God’s Holy Spirit indwelling him or her and bearing fruit in their lives.

The key difference is someone who sincerely accepts Christ and then dies a very short time later, before he or she had the opportunity to do good works and sin less and less. You think such a person is not saved. I disagree and point to the thief on the cross next to Jesus. Jesus granted salvation to the thief based solely on the thief’s belief that Jesus Christ was/is the Son of God.

Please refer to this post the next time you feel the need to speak for me since you never get it right.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree