1. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 14:04
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    So do you/Blake think that Eternity occurs here and now?
    Pretty much.
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 14:09
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Pretty much.
    Please excuse my ignorance on the matter, but do you have any Biblical reference for this belief?
  3. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 14:17
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Please excuse my ignorance on the matter, but do you have any Biblical reference for this belief?
    Treat yourself: http://www.tentmaker.org/books/time/Time_1.html
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 14:29
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Pretty much.
    So when does the day of Judgement occur, and for what reason would that be?

For what would the creation of a new Heaven and a new Earth be?
  5. Subscriberwidget
    NowYouSeeIt
    NowYouDon't
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 14:35
    Originally posted by bbarr
    http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/303/30337.html
    ... so that's how you do it? 😛 And they call it The Gospel, bb? Monkeys & typewriters & eternity
  6. Mississauga, Ontario
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 14:44
    So... If I got this straight:

God sacrificed his son/self to allow us to...

...save ourselves(?)...

...by believing that god sacrificed his son/self.

So why would god require a sacrifice of his son/self when all that is required of us is belief in him, and the good word?

I don't see why this whole process was necessary (or how it makes sense).
  7. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 16:45
    Originally posted by Tetsujin
    So... If I got this straight:

God sacrificed his son/self to allow us to...

...save ourselves(?)...

...by believing that god sacrificed his son/self.

So [b]why
    would god require a sacrifice of his son/self when all that is required of us is belief in him, and the good word?

I don't see why this whole process was necessary (or how it makes sense).[/b]
    Was this directed at me?
  8. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 17:04
    The problem with a bible discussion is that none of us have actually read it!
    The bible I have is English - revamped from an earlier English edition which was translated into English from Latin. That was produced by translating the Greek which was itself a translation of a Hebrew bible. Every translation introduces errors.

In old Hebrew "forty" and "many" were the same word so we've no idea how long Moses was in the desert or how many days Jesus was in the wilderness.

In old Greek "virgin" and "young woman" were the same word so the virgin birth was invented when some careless person translated it into Latin.

We've all laughed at the dodgy translations of instructions that come with Japanese goods. The bible is just as inaccurate - not worth slaughtering the "unbelievers" for is it?
  9. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 17:48
    Originally posted by Mixo
    The problem with a bible discussion is that none of us have actually read it!
    The bible I have is English - revamped from an earlier English edition which was translated into English from Latin. That was produced by translating the Greek which was itself a translation of a Hebrew bible. Every translation introduces errors.

In old Hebrew "forty" and "many" ...[text shortened]... he bible is just as inaccurate - not worth slaughtering the "unbelievers" for is it?
    That's right; none of us really read the Illiad and the Odyssey when we peruse the English versions. Virgil, Cicero, Aristotle and Plato are really pointless to try and understand in English. So all the scholars studying the classics in their non-original languages are really just wasting their time?
  10. Mississauga, Ontario
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 20:59
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Was this directed at me?
    Anyone who can answer it in a mature way.

So... uh... no? 🙂

j/k
  11. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    16 Mar '06 01:421 edit
    That's right; none of us really read the Illiad and the Odyssey when we peruse the English versions. Virgil, Cicero, Aristotle and Plato are really pointless to try and understand in English. So all the scholars studying the classics in their non-original languages are really just wasting their time?
    hey could you do me a favor and check out the writing at the bottom of this page :

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Launchpad/5226/index.html

See what happens if you try to copy and paste some of the Greek words here.

edit on closer look it's not Greek. lmao
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    16 Mar '06 01:50
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Better slow than bigoted (I always say).
    Believing that Jesus is the only ways is not bigoted. My Bible tells me that Jesus is the only way.
  13. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    16 Mar '06 01:591 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Believing that Jesus is the only ways is not bigoted. My Bible tells me that Jesus is the only way.
    No, you just inferred Lemon was stupid, that's all.

BTW, my bible tells ME that the FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER is the only way. So, you're wrong. Nah!
  14. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    16 Mar '06 02:08
    For us non-scholars, reading the translations is the best we can do. Not a waste of time, certainly.

Someone who claimed to be a “classics” scholar, but couldn’t read the Greek, I would doubt. Same with Biblical scholars, or Koranic scholars, or Vedic scholars...

C.S. Lewis, for example, knew his Greek...
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    16 Mar '06 02:14
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    No, you just inferred Lemon was stupid, that's all.

BTW, my bible tells ME that the FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER is the only way. So, you're wrong. Nah!
    He stupid for rejecting Christ like the rest of you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree