1. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 10:39
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Another reason was because I had been spurning the great love that he was showing me and because I was crucifying the Son of God afresh each time I sinned by chosing to worship Satan rather than God.
    You were a practising Satanist?
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 10:471 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    It would be easier to believe you if you hadn't lied here before. But really, smoking joints with pages from the Bible...I've never once met a dopehead who was that desperate. Or do you mean the story is true even though it didn't happen? That is quite possible, in that you have invested it with a metaphorical significance.

"Seek and ye shall find". We share that belief at least.
    It would be easier to believe you if you hadn't lied here before.

Please do remind me. I will not be able to sleep tonight if I have not made this right.

But really, smoking joints with pages from the Bible...I've never once met a dopehead who was that desperate.

You should get out more.😵

If you cannot swallow the dope-head story, then I realise why you would find the virgin-bith hard to believe.

"Seek and ye shall find". We share that belief at least.

Happy seekings.

At least I can have the assurance that you will find the truth if you seek it with all your heart.

PS: If you are a seeker, I invite you to stay in my home for just 2 weeks (when you have vacation).

(I might just be able to introduce you to the ex dope-head that smoked pages from the Bible😏)
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 11:00
    [b]But staying on topic, how is it again that one may be deserving of eternal punishment, pain, torment, and hellfire?

I can only talk out of personal experience...

I felt that the main reason why I deserved it was because of my rebellion and disobedience towards God.

Another reason was because I had been spurning the great love that he was sh ...[text shortened]... crucifying the Son of God afresh each time I sinned by chosing to worship Satan rather than God.[/b]
    Thank you for that sincere reply. But I think we need to maintain some perspective here. The concept of 'hell' that you posit is not like a 'put on your dunce cap and sit in the corner for the rest of class' type experience. The hell that you describe is a case in which God is going above and beyond the call to make conscious minds suffer needlessly. You may want to give some serious thought as to why you take delight in worshipping a monster. Your stance is so disheveled. You cry bloody murder when a female exercises her right to kill an organism that lacks even the capacity to suffer, and yet you think it is perfectly admissible for God to torture fully developed minds at length.
  4. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 11:05
    [b]It would be easier to believe you if you hadn't lied here before.

Please do remind me. I will not be able to sleep tonight if I have not made this right.

But really, smoking joints with pages from the Bible...I've never once met a dopehead who was that desperate.

You should get out more.😵

If you cannot swallow the dope-head story ...[text shortened]... might just be able to introduce you to the ex dope-head that smoked pages from the Bible😏)[/b]
    I don't propose to comb the archives for your little fibs, so if it'll help you sleep better, I retract the accusation.

Yes, I should get out more and mix with potheads who resort to using Bible pages for want of Rizlas. Actually--and here's a story that'll warm your heart--among the poor drug-addled souls I have encountered, there was one who found God in the psychiatric ward and wrote out the entire Bible by hand as a devotional exercise. He lived in poverty, using bottle necks for his weed rather than spend money on papers, but never resorted to tearing up his Bible. Eventually he disappeared and left it behind in a shoebox. I guess by that stage he knew the contents by heart. I claimed it for myself, along with the most enormous pair of brown boots I have ever seen. I still have the bible (but not the boots).
  5. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 11:06
    I don't propose to comb the archives for your little fibs, so if it'll help you sleep better, I retract the accusation.
    Well I'll take it up. Dj, you've obscured the truth, misled people and outright lied on this forum. I'm not going to go get you examples. Your lies are between you and your supposed God.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 11:552 edits
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Thank you for that sincere reply. But I think we need to maintain some perspective here. The concept of 'hell' that you posit is not like a 'put on your dunce cap and sit in the corner for the rest of class' type experience. The hell that you describe is a case in which God is going above and beyond the call to make conscious minds suffer needlessly. ...[text shortened]... yet you think it is perfectly admissible for God to torture fully developed minds at length.
    The concept of 'hell' that you posit is not like a 'put on your dunce cap and sit in the corner for the rest of class' type experience. The hell that you describe is a case in which God is going above and beyond the call to make conscious minds suffer needlessly.

I do not believe that God causes people to suffer needlessly. You are assuming that God is the one that does the torturing.

You may want to give some serious thought as to why you take delight in worshipping a monster.

You are judging my stance from your perspective. I do not see God as a monster. I also used to have a distorted view of God, until I experienced His love. His love surpases all understanding.

I cannot see how you can call a God (who was willing to lay down His life for you) a monster.

I believe that he who rejects this great love of God, will not be tortured by God, but by his own mind and by Satan and his demons; because of having spurned the love that God has showed him.

Your stance is so disheveled.

You assume too much about my stance.

You cry bloody murder when a female exercises her right to kill an organism that lacks even the capacity to suffer,

What??? Have you ever been aborted???

How do you know that a fetus does not feel pain when it is aborted???

and yet you think it is perfectly admissible for God to torture fully developed minds at length.

When did I say that God tortures anybody?

You have used the worst possible example to explain my stance. An unborn baby has no way to choose for itself; yet someone who has a fully developed mind has the ability to make his own choices and suffer the consequences of his/her chosing.

Me thinks the one that denies a child the right to make his own decisions is a Monster.

God has laid out the rules, he even gave us the brains to realise that we will burn our hands if we put them in the fire.

Now we blame God if the fire burns?
  7. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 12:03
    Me thinks the one that denies a child the right to make his own descisions is a Monster.
    Irony, thy name is dj2becker. Thank you for your post.
  8. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 12:07
    Originally posted by widget
    And how many degrees of separation from God are required until you see your own face? 😀
    http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/303/30337.html
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 12:082 edits
    Originally posted by David C
    Irony, thy name is dj2becker. Thank you for your post.
    How ironic of you to say "Thank You".

😉
  10. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 12:15
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    The hell that you describe is a case in which God is going above and beyond the call to make conscious minds suffer needlessly.
    Becker asserts that your accusation of a monstrous God is unfounded--that it is the anguish caused by self-imposed separation from the deity is the source of the "eternal punishment" (whether it lasts for an age or an eternity, depending on how questionable your reading of the Greek is). Do you think that this hell, this anguish, may be experienced here and now--that Jesus (assuming he exist) may have used the hoary concept of Tartarus metaphorically--in the same way that the Kingdom, without and within, is eternally present and available to the seeker...? Pleroma and kenoma come to mind.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 12:30
    Becker asserts that your accusation of a monstrous God is unfounded--that it is the anguish caused by self-imposed separation from the deity is the source of the "eternal punishment" (whether it lasts for an age or an eternity, depending on how questionable your reading of the Greek is). Do you think that this hell, this anguish, may be experienced her ...[text shortened]... ernally present and available to the seeker...? Pleroma and kenoma come to mind.
    Do you really think the word "everlasting" could be metaphorically symbolic of "here and now"?
  12. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 12:38
    Do you really think the word "everlasting" could be metaphorically symbolic of "here and now"?
    Cf. Blake, Intimations of Immortality, and countless others.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 13:20
    Cf. Blake, Intimations of Immortality, and countless others.
    So the Bible cannot be interpretted without Cf. Blake?
  14. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 13:32
    So the Bible cannot be interpretted without Cf. Blake?
    The usual becker dodge--pretend to forget what you were talking about. Blake came up in reference to Eternity, dumb-ass.
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 13:581 edit
    The usual becker dodge--pretend to forget what you were talking about. Blake came up in reference to Eternity, dumb-ass.
    Blake came up in reference to Eternity

That kinda like makes everything so much clearer. Sometimes you seem to forget that some people are slower than others.

So do you/Blake think that Eternity occurs here and now?

And, are you not indirectly using Blake to interpret scripture, if that is what you think?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree