1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 22:521 edit
    Originally posted by Moldy Crow
    Saying that about your dad doesn't sound like "honoring your father and mother" . And what about my question about whether or not your being prideful by telling Nemesio he's prideful ? Can you answer me directly about these things ?
    So, I honer God before my Parents, Jesus said if you love your Parents more then me you are not wearthy of me.
    ====
    I was not being Prideful.

Saying that the best miracle is a sinner coming to Christ is giving God the Glory not myself.
  2. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 22:52
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    You may think it is a joke, but in the eyes of God it is business when it comes to saving the lost.

my dad always says stupid things like oh there where really 15 commandments but moses droped 5, he is saying stupid things.
    What da heck does laffing @ your spelling have to do with the business of god?

Maybe you should read the ten commandments , before you critizise your dad in public.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 22:54
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    What da heck does laffing @ your spelling have to do with the business of god?

Maybe you should read the ten commandments , before you critizise your dad in public.
    My dad is lost I am just giving you an example that he is prideful and so is my mom when she says that she doesn't need to read the Bible.
  4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 22:55
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    I'm always up for a lesson on sin.

Where, RBHILL, is the pride in my post?

Any of the better spellers on this site will tell you that I am, at best,
    a fair speller, but not good by any stretch of the imagination.
    Certainly you don't think that I believe that I am better than you
    because I am a better (albeit mediocre) speller, right?

I've e ...[text shortened]... t you for a minute and you erred, that you misinterpretted my
    joke for derisiveness?

Nemesio
    I gotta admit to messing up a lot of spelling..that's what 90% of my edits are for.
  5. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 22:59
    My dad is lost I am just giving you an example that he is prideful and so is my mom when she says that she doesn't need to read the Bible.
    OK. adding your mom to the list of people you disrespect in public.

Is there no end to your pridefulness?
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 23:12
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    The second greatest is an RBHILL post with no spelling errors.

As such, I think that we have come to the 'end of times.'

😉
    I was saying theat you were being prideful because I was giving God glory and you were trying to take that away from him by making fun of me.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 23:16
    OK. adding your mom to the list of people you disrespect in public.

Is there no end to your pridefulness?
    I admit that I am sometimes prideful a lot before I came to Christ.

I am showing were my parents don't think that the need Christ and that is being prideful.

But because I am a christian I can go to God for forgiveness. my parents go to a preist but Christ is the answer not a preist.

And honring God is more important then my parents.

When I get back from a Baseball game probably next Friday I will post the 10 commandments and what Jesus said about each one. But I will give you the one he said about honering parents he said if you love your parents more then me you are not wearthy of me.
  8. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 23:31
    I admit that I am sometimes prideful a lot before I came to Christ.

I am showing were my parents don't think that the need Christ and that is being prideful.

But because I am a christian I can go to God for forgiveness. my parents go to a preist but Christ is the answer not a preist.

And honring God is more important then my parents.

When I get b ...[text shortened]... about honering parents he said if you love your parents more then me you are not wearthy of me.
    It's more about you critizing your parents in public.
    You're being disrepectful to them.
    You have no call to belittle them here , by doing so you're breaking a commandment.
    God told you to honor your parents NOT to judge them, that's his job!
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 23:42
    It's more about you critizing your parents in public.
    You're being disrepectful to them.
    You have no call to belittle them here , by doing so you're breaking a commandment.
    God told you to honor your parents NOT to judge them, that's his job!
    I know it is his Job, but they can't and they won't git to heaven without Christ. John 14:6. The law was made to show use that we need Jesus. You should read all of the book of Gal. or at least the part that talks about the law.
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    07 Apr '05 23:43
    Galatians 3
    Faith or Observance of the Law
    1You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. 2I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard? 3Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort? 4Have you suffered so much for nothing–if it really was for nothing? 5Does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you because you observe the law, or because you believe what you heard?
    6Consider Abraham: “He believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”[a] 7Understand, then, that those who believe are children of Abraham. 8The Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: “All nations will be blessed through you.”[b] 9So those who have faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.

10All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”[c] 11Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, “The righteous will live by faith.”[d] 12The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, “The man who does these things will live by them.”[e] 13Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.”[f] 14He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.
  11. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    08 Apr '05 00:051 edit
    Galatians 3
    Faith or Observance of the Law
    1You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. 2I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit ...[text shortened]... s, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

Since when does Paul override the ten commandments?
    As far as loving god more than you're parents, its not a command to stop loving them or to show disrespect for them.
  12. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    08 Apr '05 00:06
    I was saying theat you were being prideful because I was giving God glory and you were trying to take that away from him by making fun of me.
    These are serious questions:

Do you think Jesus ever laughed?
    Do you think He ever told a joke?
    Do you think anyone ever told Him a joke?
    Do you think he ever playfully teased someone?
    Do you think that St Peter (or whoever) ever playfully teased Jesus?

If you don't answer yes to all five, then you are literally denying
    that Jesus was human, because these are all essential to humanity.
    If Jesus didn't laugh, didn't tell or hear jokes, didn't tease or get
    teased in love, then he never would have connected with His
    community.

If you think I was making fun of you, RBHILL, then you are mistaken.
    I've extolled your hard work as exemplary, that your efforts in spite
    of your profound learning disability ought to be an inspiration for all
    people. You have a distorted picture of me, utterly demonized,
    because I categorically reject 95% of your theological perspecitve.

Nemesio
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    08 Apr '05 00:11
    2 Thessalonians 3:15 - Do not look on him as an enemy, but warn him as a brother.
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    08 Apr '05 00:12

Since when does Paul override the ten commandments?
    As far as loving god more than you're parents, its not a command to stop loving them or to show disrespect for them.
    The whole Bible is the Word of God, I don't look at it as pual saying it but GOD.
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    08 Apr '05 00:17
    My parents mock me all the time and because I want to go to Church and that I want to grow in Christ.

Matthew 10:34-39

34“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35For I have come to turn “ ‘a man against his father,
    a daughter against her mother, a daughterinlaw against her motherinlaw–
    36a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.’

37“Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; 38and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree