1. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 15:06
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Now American soldiers have killed innocents all over the Middle East - what's the difference?
    I take it your sense of discrimination is not developed to the point where you can distinguish between
    1. collateral damage in a warzone and
    2. flying planes into buildings (and other cowardly acts) the sole purpose of which is to hit soft targets and kill innocent people.

I will help you out ... #1 is unintentional and #2 is intentional.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 15:18
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    If you would like to count up sins by religion then lets start at the crusades and work our way onwards. I think the Christians will come out worse than the Muslims.
    If however you were claiming that the 9/11 hijackers where representative of the average Muslim then how come there are still planes and sky scrapers around? Surely the several billion Muslims in the world would have run out of one or the other by now?
    I am doing neither. Atrocities comitted by Christians centuries ago cannot excuse or has no bearing on Islamic extremists today. And all muslims are not evil but surveys have shown that the majority of the muslim community support the actions of the extreme few. Those who condemn these acts are in the minority
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 15:33
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    On the contrary, if you were as genuinely disrespectful to reasonable Christian folk as you are to Muslims, I would mind--but you never are, which speaks volumes to your bias. You're quite happy to equate every Muslim with the 911 fraternity (I'm sure you don't really think that, but your public pronouncements certainly give that impression) but I'm st ...[text shortened]... ok the slander you've implicitly directed towards me as the ramblings of a bitter old man.
    You started the slander and you are fully aware that I condemn arrogant Christians on this site that go around proclaiming their superiority. I even once said that it is my opinion that a good muslim (that does the work of Christ and whose heart is in the right place) is likely to find more favour with Christ than a Christian that simply says 'Lord, Lord'. I am sure many Christians would laugh at a statement like that.

I dont get involved with discussions on atrocities of a historical nature since it has no significant bearing on us today. I prefer to deal with the present. I am not as biased as you think. My mother came from Hindu stock and father from Muslim. Now I am a Christian. I know first hand what drives each of these 3 religions. If you make excuses for the Islamic extremists then I suggest you are the biased one.
  4. weedhopper
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 23:17
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Who is the greatest Muslim of all time?
    How 'bout ol' Im-hotep? He invented some radical new architectural concept--the pyramid.
  5. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 23:19
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    How 'bout ol' Im-hotep? He invented some radical new architectural concept--the pyramid.
    I seriously doubt that he was a Muslim.
  6. weedhopper
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 23:20
    Because I'm very, very smart.

Do you think there is a fallacy in this bit of reasoning, one that you can identify without appealing to your worldview:

Premise 1: Nothing is better than a baloney sandwich.
    Premise 2: A baloney sandwich is better than nothing.
    By (2) I'd prefer to have a baloney sandwich rather than nothing.
    By (1) I'd prefe ...[text shortened]... s, I can never be content after choosing between having a baloney sandwich or having nothing.
    that nakes about as much sense as something I learned in my first philosophy class:
    1. Life has no meaning, only substance.
    2. The substance of life is, primarily, whole wheat.
    thus
    3. Death is the absence of whole wheat.
  7. Gangster Land
    Moves
    08 Nov '07 23:26
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Imhotep? We're talking pre-dynastic Egypt here, and they weren't Muslim. In fact, Islam didn't even exist at that time. If I remember right Imhotep probably worship Horus chiefly, and a myriad of other local gods; none of which would have anything to do with the God of the Islamic faith.

You are right about the Pyramids though...they are swell.
  8. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    09 Nov '07 09:39
    Originally posted by TheSkipper
    Imhotep? We're talking pre-dynastic Egypt here, and they weren't Muslim. In fact, Islam didn't even exist at that time.
    The practice of Islam being "submission [to [God's] will]", I'd argue that Muslims existed before Islam. For example, Jesus was obviously a Muslim.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Nov '07 10:35
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    The practice of Islam being "submission [to [God's] will]", I'd argue that Muslims existed before Islam. For example, Jesus was obviously a Muslim.
    By that definition, so is the rest of the world past and present,
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Nov '07 10:37
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    And all muslims are not evil but surveys have shown that the majority of the muslim community support the actions of the extreme few. Those who condemn these acts are in the minority
    I don't know where you get your survey results, would you care to provide any references? All the Muslims I have talked to, and in fact all the ones I have seen on TV other than Bin Laden and his followers, have condemned those acts. So where are these supporters?
    I do know some Muslims who hate Bush and the US with a passion but even they do not believe that terrorism is acceptable and they say it is against their religion.
    For you to imply (as you did) that Muslims in general are terrorists is equivalent to me claiming that all Christians are the same as the crusaders. It wouldn't surprise me if a survey showed that most Christians do in fact support the crusades.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Nov '07 10:38
    I am sure it means "willful submission" so count me out.
  12. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    09 Nov '07 11:27
    The rest of the world could be. I'm not quite sure how you'd go about submitting to God's will though, any ideas?
  13. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    09 Nov '07 14:01
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    It would be a toss up between Malcolm X and Minister Farrakhan.
    Two Americans? That's what you came up with? 🙄
  14. Joined
    07 Jul '06
    Moves
    09 Nov '07 14:21
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    If you would like to count up sins by religion then lets start at the crusades and work our way onwards. I think the Christians will come out worse than the Muslims.
    If however you were claiming that the 9/11 hijackers where representative of the average Muslim then how come there are still planes and sky scrapers around? Surely the several billion Muslims in the world would have run out of one or the other by now?
    Why start there? The battles with Muslims started well before the crusades.
  15. Joined
    07 Jul '06
    Moves
    09 Nov '07 14:25
    Who is the greatest Muslim of all time?
    Well to the extremists, wouldn't it be allah akkbar at least thats what I've heard them yelling just before they got thier asses popped.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree