1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Nov '12 11:56
    "But even an atheist knows these things about God if he chooses to believe in God. " - dasa 17th nov 2012.

its a joy to read. hilarious, yet it makes me want to bury my head so far into my hands that my thumbs are forced up my nose and my fingers puncture my eyeballs and get jammed in my frontal lobes.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Nov '12 15:11
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    "But even an atheist knows these things about God if he chooses to believe in God. " - dasa 17th nov 2012.

its a joy to read. hilarious, yet it makes me want to bury my head so far into my hands that my thumbs are forced up my nose and my fingers puncture my eyeballs and get jammed in my frontal lobes.
    Kind of like 'If I had some ham, I could have ham and eggs, if I had some eggs'.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    17 Nov '12 18:29
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Kind of like 'If I had some ham, I could have ham and eggs, if I had some eggs'.
    lmao
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Nov '12 22:18

That's okay, he says equally stupid things about Christianity too, but the atheist reads these one-liners and simply nods and drives on to the next post.
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Nov '12 22:30
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    That's okay, he says equally stupid things about Christianity too, but the atheist reads these one-liners and simply nods and drives on to the next post.
    i find it hard to believe anybody nods at anything dasa writes.
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    18 Nov '12 03:08
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Who's "the atheist"?

And how do you know what they are thinking?
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Nov '12 10:42
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Who's "the atheist"?

And how do you know what they are thinking?
    i think she's referring to our 'hive' mind. its no good pretending it doesnt exist they are on to us. we might as well come clean.

we are 'the atheist' we think as one.
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    18 Nov '12 14:34
    i think she's referring to our 'hive' mind. its no good pretending it doesnt exist they are on to us. we might as well come clean.

After all, our religion dictates it does, right? I'll see you in church.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 03:09
    i find it hard to believe anybody nods at anything dasa writes.
    Dasa has created his own messianic complex on here that far surpasses, by head and shoulders, any other poster who we may lack sympathy for on this forum.
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 06:49

Why are we always drunk? Which one of us is hiding the drinking problem?? 😠
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 07:15

That means our leader controls our every move. Wow, I did not know that, totally in the dark there. And I thought I was just sleepwalking....
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 07:38
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    That means our leader controls our every move. Wow, I did not know that, totally in the dark there. And I thought I was just sleepwalking....
    If your leader is not Christ, then it is Satan the devil.
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 09:08
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    i like that you have to clarify which satan you are talking about. just in case we thought you meant satan the postman or satan the claims adjuster.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 09:10
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I have always found it interesting how theists seem to constantly sway between the two concepts - that we have free will and are responsible for all our actions - or that we are largely controlled or heavily influenced by either 'good' or 'bad' entities (ultimately God or Satan).
    Many theists end up with a compromise where 'free will' consists entirely of choosing to surrender to one or the other 'master' then being controlled by that entity.
    Of course there is the added complexity that Satan is sometimes replaced with 'sin nature' originating with Adam.

But all this totally ignores or removes rational thinking where we set ourselves goals to either benefit ourselves or others then try to achieve those goal through our actions, or where we subconsciously satisfy our desires/addictions through our actions. My brain says it wants caffeine, so I make myself a cup of coffee without really thinking about it much. To a theist this was me deciding to either follow Gods voice or Satans voice then obeying whatever they instructed me to do. This leaves me wondering whether it was Satan or God that wanted me to have that cup of coffee and why.
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 09:56
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I have always found it interesting how theists seem to constantly sway between the two concepts - that we have free will and are responsible for all our actions - or that we are largely controlled or heavily influenced by either 'good' or 'bad' entities (ultimately God or Satan).
    Many theists end up with a compromise where 'free will' consists entirely o ...[text shortened]... ndering whether it was Satan or God that wanted me to have that cup of coffee and why.
    coffee - satan
    tea - god
    fax - satan
    e-mail - god
    photocopier - satan
    temp to do photocopying - god
    barbara in h.r. - satan
    chloe in accounts - god
    power point presentation - satan
    flip chart -god
    monthly meeting with guy from head office - satan
    bitching session disguised as a meeting - god
    team building exercises - satan
    getting trapped in the lift with chloe from accounts - god

its pretty obvious stuff.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree