1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '11 10:43
    Originally posted by lausey
    As for the other quote regarding the Bhagavad Gita. A quick search does bring it up a lot, but I would be interested in what context Einstein actually meant it. I know he has referred to "God" as a metaphor for nature in the past, which has often caused a lot of confusion.

EDIT: Having read into it further, Einstein didn't even say your second quote either ...[text shortened]... tely made up from some Hindu website. Seems there haven't been any references prior to 2005.
    By the "second" quote do you mean the Waldo quote?

"In the great book of India, the Bhagavad-gita, an empire spoke to us" Google 27 hits, all seemingly blogs/web sites with some kind of Hindu promotion agenda.

"In the great books of India, an empire spoke to us" Google 13,400 hits, from a wide range of web sites, many dedicated to quotations.
  2. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    10 Sep '11 03:12
    Originally posted by lausey

EDIT: Having read into it further, Einstein didn't even say your second quote either, but was completely made up from some Hindu website. Seems there haven't been any references prior to 2005.
    it's a downright lousy, dishonest religion. and the irony of it is not lost with the main fool perpetuating the fraud calling everyone except himself dishonest!
  3. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    11 Sep '11 21:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    By the "second" quote do you mean the Waldo quote?

"In the great book of India, the Bhagavad-gita, an empire spoke to us" Google 27 hits, all seemingly blogs/web sites with some kind of Hindu promotion agenda.

"In the great books of India, an empire spoke to us" Google 13,400 hits, from a wide range of web sites, many dedicated to quotations.
    I meant the quote "When I read the Bhagavad Gita (Veda) and reflect about how God created the universe everything seems superfluous" that was claimed to be by Einstein.

The one that Dasa (cleverly?) combined with his first quote in his opening post.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree