1. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 12:44
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    Originally posted by Dasa

"We owe a lot to the Indians and the Vedas who taught us how count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made. " ~ Albert Einstein

taking up a little poetic license there, dasa? showing a little dishonesty to support your corrupt religion?

tell us dasa. what is the actual quote by einstein?

come on. you can be honest, just this once.
    Dasa is a Hindu. Does that mean Hindu religion is a ' Corrupt ' religion ? A religion to which Vivekanand, Ramakrishna Paramhans, Mahatma Gandhi and Buddha and many other greats belonged and which is an open,voluntary belief system,a corrupt one?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 12:49
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    Dasa is a Hindu. Does that mean Hindu religion is a ' Corrupt ' religion ? A religion to which Vivekanand, Ramakrishna Paramhans, Mahatma Gandhi and Buddha and many other greats belonged and which is an open,voluntary belief system,a corrupt one?
    indeed, the 3 of us seem to have only some hindu teachings in common.
    Based on your and Dasa'a (and my) posts I would have to conclude that despite calling ourselves hindus we are still very different and diverse on other topics.

(That's one of my fave things about hinduism-the embracing of difference and diversity rather than the montone drone of SOME christians that leave me sighing and ignoring a lot of the time)
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 12:52
    The other quote was cut and paste so what gets cut and then pasted is out of my control.
    "In the great book of India, the Bhagavad-gita, an empire spoke to us" Google 27 hits

"In the great books of India, an empire spoke to us" Google 13,400 hits.

Getting things right is usually, as in this case, quite easy to control.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 12:52
    I have told you.

I changed one word...... and I then gave explanation to why
    Yes. And you really ought to apologize to everybody and move on.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 13:05
    I have told you.

I changed one word...... and I then gave explanation to why

The other quote was cut and paste so what gets cut and then pasted is out of my control.

If that quote was incorrect then the source was incorrect.
    So it seems your source was incorrect for both quotes. Maybe you need to:
    1. Check your sources more carefully.
    2. Be a bit less hasty in calling people dishonest when they point out your errors.
    3. Verify your informations immediately after someone points out an error instead of simply denying everything.

The fact remains that your OP contains blatantly false claims ie it attributes quotes to people that did not say what as quoted and you are yet to fully admit this to be the case nor apologise for your error.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 13:15
    Indeed, sometimes despite our best intentions things come out wrong, and for the sake of 'straining' the truth you should admit your error and apologize.

This is in keeping with fair conduct on these forums.
    I've had to apologize 2 or 3 times ,despite feeling I didn't need to. I still realized that my words were misinterpetted at best, and quite possibly falsified by my hastiness.

An apolgy at this point would speak more to the other posters than anything else.
    That way you could move on and show humility and understanding towards others-whether you agree or not.
    Your error has been pointed out by several posters. It's really not a big deal, but dare I say you are making it into something bigger than it needs to be.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 13:19
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    An apolgy at this point would speak more to the other posters than anything else.
    That way you could move on and show humility and understanding towards others-whether you agree or not.
    You are suggesting he might choose to apologize insincerely?
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 13:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    No.
    I think he should show humility and understanding towards others.

If he does apologize, I believe it will NOT be insincere, however I may be proven wrong yet..
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 13:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    And you are definately making it into a bigger deal than it needs to be.
    He has been shown his errors.
    His response will show whther he admits them in an honest fashion.

As usual with Dasa's posts the main gist of his OP has been ignored. All we've doing is trying to get him to see th error of his ways.
    No need to keep hamming it up.

But I'm sure you will continue to do as you please,(as will Dasa and I),so I will make this my last post on this subject.

Your go 🙂
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 13:32
    If he does apologize, I believe it will NOT be insincere, however I may be proven wrong yet..
    You told him to apologize whether he agrees he needs to or not. So you're saying BOTH that you believe he will not be insincere AND that he should at the very least apologize insincerely?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 13:35
    As usual with Dasa's posts the main gist of his OP has been ignored. All we've doing is trying to get him to see th error of his ways.
    No need to keep hamming it up.
    You think Dasa is being treated unfairly?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 13:38
    And you are definately making it into a bigger deal than it needs to be.
    He has been shown his errors.
    He has insulted me and called me dishonest. Repeatedly. What about all the others who have taken exception to Dasa's falsification on this thread?
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 14:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    You think Dasa is being treated unfairly?
    No
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 14:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    He has insulted me and called me dishonest. Repeatedly. What about all the others who have taken exception to Dasa's falsification on this thread?
    I mentioned "sevreral" that have taken exception.

Do you have a comment that is in keeping with the op, or would you like to start a separate thread on Dasa's falsifications?
    I believe the falsifications have been clearly pointed out by you and others. No need to go on about it.
    Well, not for me, anyway.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 14:22
    Do you have a comment that is in keeping with the op, or would you like to start a separate thread on Dasa's falsifications?
    I believe the falsifications have been clearly pointed out by you and others. No need to go on about it.
    Well, not for me, anyway.
    It's Dasa's thread, and he's made it about honesty, both unwittingly and deliberately:

"Fault finding persons who have mentalities like crows will dig for something for to complain. FMF you are the worst offender.........simply dishonest mentality. [...] Your witch hunt is thoroughly dishonest. [...] Simply not true and a straw-man compliant created from thin air. [...] Only honest persons may understand this. Dishonesty clouds the judgement and then they find themselves posting falsity. [...] "

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree