1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 14:36
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's Dasa's thread, and he's made it about honesty, both unwittingly and deliberately:

"Fault finding persons who have mentalities like crows will dig for something for to complain. FMF you are the worst offender.........simply dishonest mentality. [...] Your witch hunt is thoroughly dishonest. [...] Simply not true and a straw-man compliant created from thi ...[text shortened]... his. Dishonesty clouds the judgement and then they find themselves posting falsity. [...] "
    Again you have taken the worst, and taken it rather personally. You have ignored the gist of the op, which could have been left after you and the others had pointed out his mistakes, yet here we are ...

Yes, it was a personal and TOTALLY an unecessary attack, but you did not need to go on about it over and over. You did not need to take it personally.(Have I not said this b4)

Hey man, I'm a real emotional guy, (like you by the sound of it), but still I try to put things in their proper perpectives.

I suspect that your retorts to Dasa are just as unaffective as his are toward you.
    Why continue on in this manner? Really...
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 14:45
    Originally posted by Dasa
    I have explained why I have added one word.

So as to inform that Einstein commends the Veda. (this is true)

Pure and simple

Only honest persons may understand this.

Dishonesty clouds the judgement and then they find themselves posting falsity.
    You explained why you added the Veda thing, but only after it was pointed out you had done so. The only thing worrying you now is you got caught out. If you were being honest about it, you would have mentioned right in your first post you added words to the quotes.

Since you did that, and then denied adding anything to Emerson, how are we supposed to believe you simply cut and pasted a wrongfully worded quote from him.

You have been caught in a lie and no amount of grousing about a strawman is going to get you out of that.

You are being blatantly dishonest and you need to admit that. You can't even admit that to yourself much less to the world around you.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 14:461 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Again you have taken the worst, and taken it rather personally. You have ignored the gist of the op, which could have been left after you and the others had pointed out his mistakes, yet here we are ...

Yes, it was a personal and TOTALLY an unecessary attack, but you did not need to go on about it over and over. You did not need to take it personall Dasa are just as unaffective as his are toward you.
    Why continue on in this manner? Really...
    Can you please spare me this waffling personalized tripe, karoly? Almost nobody takes Dasa seriously on the subject of science even when he calls his take on it "true science". He even took to falsifying elements of his OP on "Hare Krsna,s views on science". Dasa's OP ended with "I humbly request to leave dishonesty at the door." And he has been caught out. And him being caught out has therefore been, ironically, totally on topic and a direct response to his own words in his own OP. Dasa's whole regurgitation routine here at RHP is based on his self-proclaimed impeccable sources and "authority". Everyone else is "dishonest" and quoting from "false authority". Turns out he can't even get a couple of quotes right and he accuses others of being dishonest rather than admit it. What's Dasa's view on "true science" and the credibility of his sources really worth?
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 16:50
    Who is the second quote by? Is it accurate and does anyone resonate with this?
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 22:591 edit
    Who is the second quote by? Is it accurate and does anyone resonate with this?
    Karoly aczel.

I would suggest you stay out of this quote talk.

Reason being ..........FMF has gone over the top inventing and fabricating all manner of straw-man complaints.

This is what FMF does.

I have exposed FMF way back for being dishonest and now he simply has a personal vendetta against myself and at every opportunity he manipulates my posts to present things I didn't say.

He has claimed I changed the Emerson quote and has then plastered it all over the forum but this is not true and it is his dishonest fabrication.

So be warned..........you cannot discuss with FMF because he is dishonest in every way.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '11 00:06
    As usual with Dasa's posts the main gist of his OP has been ignored.
    Do you think Dasa's source for his OP is trustworthy? He seems to be claiming he himself was deceived by it. What credence should we give the source he has decided to use?
  7. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    09 Sep '11 02:23
    Karoly aczel.

I would suggest you stay out of this quote talk.

Reason being ..........FMF has gone over the top inventing and fabricating all manner of straw-man complaints.

This is what FMF does.

I have exposed FMF way back for being dishonest and now he simply has a personal vendetta against myself and at every opportunity he manipulates my posts ...[text shortened]... ion.

So be warned..........you cannot discuss with FMF because he is dishonest in every way.
    that nonsense will not work dasa. you were caught in a lie. you were caught inventing strawmen to excuse your deception. do not try to project your faults and failings onto others. you are completely responsible for your own dishonesty.

you are not true to yourself. how can you expect to be true to others?
  8. Standard memberusmc7257
    semper fi
    Moves
    09 Sep '11 02:42
    Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain...
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Sep '11 02:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you think Dasa's source for his OP is trustworthy? He seems to be claiming he himself was deceived by it. What credence should we give the source he has decided to use?
    Ignored again, I'm staying out of it now
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Sep '11 03:00
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    that nonsense will not work dasa. you were caught in a lie. you were caught inventing strawmen to excuse your deception. do not try to project your faults and failings onto others. you are completely responsible for your own dishonesty.

you are not true to yourself. how can you expect to be true to others?
    You are manipulating and fabricating as well............it must be contagious.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Sep '11 05:24
    No, it is not contagious at all, everyone here except Dasa has been a lying, cheating scientist or lying, cheating Christian or lying cheating member or some other false religion ever since you came to this forum. And you are making no headway in your quest to try to make us into good honest people. And I am willing to bet you will continue to make no headway.
  12. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    09 Sep '11 05:31
    the only one manipulating and fabricating here is you. either you did it intentionally or you did it out of ignorance (copied someone else), then adding more shame to your dishonor, attempted to explain it away and accuse others falsely.

you are not a very good representative of the vedas. your shame taints the entire religion.
  13. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Sep '11 10:031 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No, it is not contagious at all, everyone here except Dasa has been a lying, cheating scientist or lying, cheating Christian or lying cheating member or some other false religion ever since you came to this forum. And you are making no headway in your quest to try to make us into good honest people. And I am willing to bet you will continue to make no headway.
    Persons who accept falsity can be taught if they are honest but dishonest persons will defend falsity to their last breath.

Persons who are defending life comes from a dead stone do not do it because they have superior knowledge but because they are fools and dishonest.

It is these persons who are constantly posting slander and aggression towards me and it is not surprising at all.

When you upset the hornets nest you will always get attacked.

RHP forum is the hornets nest where you will find advocates of false science and false religion but it is their dishonesty that creates all the friction..

Dishonesty is synonymous with atheism and atheism is synonymous with dishonesty.

There is no such thing as an honest atheist and this is why the friction exists.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '11 10:22
    Persons who accept falsity can be taught if they are honest but dishonest persons will defend falsity to their last breath.
    To get back to your OP for a moment. Do you think your source for the quotes in the OP is trustworthy? You seem to be conceding that you were deceived by it over the Waldo quote, while you admit doctoring the Einstein one. Well, Einstein's quote aside, what credence should we give the source you have decided to use for the OP?
  15. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    09 Sep '11 10:341 edit
    It is common knowledge with anyone who is well read with Albert Einstein quotes that he has stated "When I read the Bhagavad Gita (Veda) and reflect about how God created the universe everything seems superfluous".

By adding the word Veda I have cleverly included this quote along with the original quote about owing a lot to Indian,s.

By adding one word ...[text shortened]... mething for to complain.

FMF you are the worst offender.........simply dishonest mentality.
    You can't combine the quotes, because they are both in completely different contexts.

Certainly people in India did help a great detail in the development of mathematics, but Einstein clearly wasn't referring to the Vedas in your first quote.

The whole point of the quote is to quote it exactly, otherwise you will get context issues, as you have demonstrated, and certainly isn't clever.

You might want to read up on "quote mining", which is quoting people out of context. Although what you did isn't even quote mining, but downright fabrication.

As for the other quote regarding the Bhagavad Gita. A quick search does bring it up a lot, but I would be interested in what context Einstein actually meant it. I know he has referred to "God" as a metaphor for nature in the past, which has often caused a lot of confusion.

EDIT: Having read into it further, Einstein didn't even say your second quote either, but was completely made up from some Hindu website. Seems there haven't been any references prior to 2005.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree