1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 10:13
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200305/the-healing-power-nature
    Kids with more greenery around them cope better with stress.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 16:222 edits
    Originally posted by apathist
    Being outside in the countryside is good for you...!
    Whatever next.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 16:581 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Being outside in the countryside is good for you...!
    Whatever next.
    Going swimming in the ocean and deep sea fishing is good for you as long as you don't get sun burned.

Drowning isn't very healthy either.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 17:23
    Originally posted by apathist
    You need a study to tell you that?
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 19:325 edits
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Going swimming in the ocean deep sea fishing is good for you as long as you don't get sun burned.

Drowning isn't very healthy either.
    The fish don't like it much though...

I was interested in the popular game "the Last of Us" where it depicted a zombie apocalypse with few remaining survivors. Walking through the cities it was immediately apparent how quickly nature was taking back the cities.That is supposed to be only 20 years in the future, and though it's a game, I find it accurate in terms of how nature would rebound if human activitiy was severly stunted.
    Live in harmony with nature people. That's the only way we aren't going to get through life in an overpopulated,underfed,uneducated, globally warmed, conflicted and a potentially appocalytptic future

If we screw the planet it won't be Lucifer that does it- it will be us! And if there are any godly forces trying to help us,I bet they are only doing it in a very indirect, organic way.
    Evolve naturally!!
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 19:38
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    The fish don't like it much though...

I was interested in the popular game "the Last of Us" where it depicted a zombie apocalypse with few remaining survivors. Walking through the cities it was immediately apparent how quickly nature was taking back the cities.That is supposed to be only 20 years in the future, and though it's a game, I find it accur ...[text shortened]... opulated,underfed,uneducated, globally warmed, conflicted and a potentially appocalytptic future
    Live in harmony with nature people. That's the only way we aren't going to suffer an overpopulated,underfed,uneducated, globally warmed, conflicted and a potentially appocalytptic future

What are you? A libtard communist? Haven't you heard? "Greed is good".

What kind of world would it be if everyone thought like you?
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 19:392 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You need a study to tell you that?
    There are deeper levels to this simple statement. Don't 'slap' someone for their seeming lack of intelligence, especially a poster who doesn't deserve it.

It's just an op to start a potential discussion.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 19:441 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    [b]Live in harmony with nature people. That's the only way we aren't going to suffer an overpopulated,underfed,uneducated, globally warmed, conflicted and a potentially appocalytptic future

What kind of world would it be if everyone thought like you?[/b]
    It would be a better world,not perfect if everyone thought like me but .... oh I see ... you were having a dig at me. lol. Thnx,I am a bit slow on the humour uptake at times.Touche

(See, no edit, just the way I would say it if I were talking live with you)
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 19:50
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    [b]Live in harmony with nature people. That's the only way we aren't going to suffer an overpopulated,underfed,uneducated, globally warmed, conflicted and a potentially appocalytptic future

What kind of world would it be if everyone thought like you?[/b]
    "Greed is good"
    That's always been my "problem" I can't get into that idea - I get ideas to make money but am never motivated by money, hence I have many half-finished projects,(art ,screenwriting, songwriting ,garden creation etc.)
    Business and economics was my only fail subject at school. I was an "a" student in everything else. I wonder why ... 😉
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 20:48
    It would be a better world,not perfect if everyone thought like me but .... oh I see ... you were having a dig at me. lol. Thnx,I am a bit slow on the humour uptake at times.Touche

(See, no edit, just the way I would say it if I were talking live with you)
    Actually it was meant as a dig at those who think like that and toss around words like "libtard" and "communist" willy nilly.

Of course, most of them deny that they themselves and their beliefs are driven by "greed".
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 20:56
    "Greed is good"
    That's always been my "problem" I can't get into that idea - I get ideas to make money but am never motivated by money, hence I have many half-finished projects,(art ,screenwriting, songwriting ,garden creation etc.)
    Business and economics was my only fail subject at school. I was an "a" student in everything else. I wonder why ... 😉
    I've never really been all that motivated by money either, but haven't had much problem with completing things if I thought them important.

If I were king, everyone would be given the same resources regardless of what they do or don't contribute. It'd be about cooperation rather than competition. Ideas should compete, not people.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 21:07
    Funny how threads like this can turn into some bitch session about fictional points of view.

Just like it was real life conversation for certain people.
  13. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 09:51
    I was interested in the popular game "the Last of Us" where it depicted a zombie apocalypse with few remaining survivors. Walking through the cities it was immediately apparent how quickly nature was taking back the cities.That is supposed to be only 20 years in the future, and though it's a game, I find it accurate in terms of how nature would rebound if human activitiy was severly stunted. ...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World_Without_Us

Non-fiction book by Alan Weisman. Eye-opening, I thought.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 20:212 edits
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Funny how threads like this can turn into some bitch session about fictional points of view.

Just like it was real life conversation for certain people.
    There is nothing more "fictional" than conservatism.

It certainly has nothing to do with religion.

But keep on pounding that square peg into the round hole.
  15. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 00:261 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    There is nothing more "fictional" than conservatism.
    It certainly has nothing to do with religion.
    Wait, what? Both sentences.

I'm not a detail person. Big Picture is what moves me. You make sense a lot, and exasperate a lot, so that's interesting. Just saying. And I've told myself never to say "just saying" again, so now I'm irritated.

edit: maybe I meant exacerbate, not sure, lol@me

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree