01 Jul '13 04:04
    Here are three different views about the Holy Spirit

The Holy Spirit is a person, not a force
    YouTube

The Holy Spirit is not a Separate Person in A Trinity
    YouTube

The Holy Spirit is the Power of God
    YouTube

There is a close relationship between God's power and the Holy Spirit, yet Acts 10:38 clearly distinguish between power and the Holy Spirit. Luke 4:14 also seems to distinguish between the power and the Spirit. Why is there a distinction between the Holy Spirit and power if they are synonymous?

The word which God sent to the children of Israel, preaching peace through Jesus Christ—He is Lord of all— that word you know, which was proclaimed throughout all Judea, and began from Galilee after the baptism which John preached: how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.

(Acts 10:36-38 NKJV)

Then Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit to Galilee, and news of Him went out through all the surrounding region.

(Luke 4:14 NKJV)

It is up to you to decide.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 07:21
    Originally posted by RJHinds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vae9_UpoxFw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hkg2NIYfc8g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6xRMGAMXeg

There is a close relationship ...[text shortened]... decide.

The Instructor
    One Trinity: Three Distinct, Co-Equal/Co-Eternal Unique Persons with Self Awareness (Personality), Volition and Self Determination. They have No Beginning; Share All of the Divine Attributes; and have Different Roles (Mission Assignments). Reconciliation of/Salvation for the Human Race: The Father Planned it; The Son Executed it; The Holy Spirit Empowers it.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 09:444 edits
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    One Trinity: Three Distinct, Co-Equal/Co-Eternal Unique Persons with Self Awareness (Personality), Volition and Self Determination. They have No Beginning; Share All of the Divine Attributes; and have Different Roles (Mission Assignments). Reconciliation of/Salvation for the Human Race: The Father Planned it; The Son Executed it; The Holy Spirit Empowers it.
    Well, it seems the Holy Spirit has power, God has power, and Christ, as the Son of God, has power.

As recorded in Matthew 26:64, Jesus said the following:

"hereafter you will see THE SON OF MAN SITTING AT THE RIGHT HAND OF POWER, and COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF HEAVEN." (NASB)

"From now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven." (NIV)

"And in the future you will see the Son of Man seated in the place of power at God's right hand and coming on the clouds of heaven." (NLT)

I think it makes more sense to say that the persons of the Godhead have power rather than they are power. What do you think?

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes to the Father but through Me." Perhaps He meant He had access to the truth, the life (eternal life), and the way to the Father.

The Instructor
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 15:39
    This Just In:

The Holy Spirit IS a person, His name is George.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 15:42
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This Just In:

The Holy Spirit IS a person, His name is George.
    Do you think this forum would be better if I quit posting on it?

The Instructor
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 15:43
    Do you think this forum would be better if I quit posting on it?

The Instructor
    No, Ron, I do not.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 16:10
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No, Ron, I do not.
    That gives me encouragement for the future.

The Instructor
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 16:11
    That gives me encouragement for the future.

The Instructor
    For you to exercise discernment, though, is all I ask.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 19:01
    I bet every one of them knows the correct use of capitalisation.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 22:58

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vae9_UpoxFw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hkg2NIYfc8g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6xRMGAMXeg

There is a close relationship ...[text shortened]... decide.

The Instructor
    The scriptures say whay they say. It is man and his ideas both good and bad that starts to change the scriptures from what they cleary say.
    If a group wants it to be a being of it's own somehow, they'll say what has to be said to make it seem so.
    But the Bible not once has ever said it is a god or even an angel of some kind.
    So listen to the Bible, read what it says in black and white and constantly test it against other scriptures.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 23:00
    #1 The Father Planned it; #2 The Son Executed it; #3 The Holy Spirit Empowers it.

1+1+1 =3 Simply math in any language....
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 23:241 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    #1 The Father Planned it; #2 The Son Executed it; #3 The Holy Spirit Empowers it.

1+1+1 =3 Simply math in any language....
    " ... that your faith would not stand in the wisdom of men but in the power of God." (1 Cor. 2:10)
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 23:31
    Originally posted by sonship
    [b]" ... that your faith would not stand in the wisdom of men but in the power of God." (1 Cor. 2:10) [/b]
    What? Wisdom tells us that 1+1+1=3
  14. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 23:312 edits
    I don't understand the bible references yet. But I do believe in the holy spirit ( or something that is an awful lot like it) I posted before people, crowds especially are so predictable we have formulas to describe them. On a personal level, people are very intuitive - native peoples can track animals or one another over 10+ miles, there's no other creature capable of that, we are borderline psychic, and there could be nothing magic in that just the ability to guess / empathise one anothers thoughts. All this makes for something like the holy spirit. And I have not even included the way Christ, the fisher of men as they say spun these instincts around a central cause.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 23:40
    Originally posted by galveston75
    What? Wisdom tells us that 1+1+1=3
    You should study scripture for yourself.

Genesis 2: 24 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife. In this way two people become one.

1+1=1

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree