1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Mar '12 17:501 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I have had very similar experiences. Lots of people I have spoken who to are perceptive and not easily fooled by unscrupulous pastors and church leaders have related the same story. Its all a sham.
    I'd be very careful there, there are those that fake it, it does not mean that
    there are those that are not faking it and God is doing a good work in them.
    Kelly
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Mar '12 17:52
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes its obscene, this fact escapes the notice of those who perpetuate the scam, the
    scriptures indicate that those who spoke in tongues spoke a specific language, not
    some gibberish.

(Acts 2:8) . . .And yet how is it we are hearing, each one of us, his own language in
    which we were born?
    You better do a word study on that topic. The scriptures teach there are divers
    or different gifts of tongues, and you are only speaking to one.
    Kelly
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Mar '12 17:52
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    there are those that are not faking it, and God is doing a good work in them.
    Kelly
    No they are a bunch of fakers to the very last, the scriptures, which are a product of
    the Holy spirit, clearly indicate that specific languages were being spoken, not some
    unintelligible gibberish.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Mar '12 17:55
    You better do a word study on that topic. The scriptures teach there are divers
    or different gifts of tongues, and you are only speaking to one.
    Kelly
    fakers! every single last one of them. At Pentecost specific languages were being
    spoken, Biblical fact! argue with the word of God if you like, i know what it states.
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    12 Mar '12 18:01
    Do you believe everyone faked it?
    Kelly
    Yes.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Mar '12 18:081 edit
    No they are a bunch of fakers to the very last, the scriptures, which are a product of
    the Holy spirit, clearly indicate that specific languages were being spoken, not some
    unintelligible gibberish.
    Your thoughts on the topic not withstanding, again what does the scripture
    teach? Repeating yourself does not prove your point it only shows you have
    at least the ability to talk like a parrot. Divers tongues are a gift of the Spirit,
    there are more than a few scripture that speaks to this. A danger you could
    run into here is calling something God is doing a work of Satan, so if you are
    very willing to do that keep going down the path you are currently on.

I'm not willing to justify the abuse people take with this, I've seen more of
    those types of things than I imagine most have here, but again the false does
    not at all mean there isn't a real version of it. Seeing the damage faking causes
    by leading people away from God should give everyone pause who is faking it.

I think some people push the gifts of the Spirit over the giver of those gifts
    which is also very stupid in my opinion, for which is more important the gifts
    or the giver of them? Our relationship with God is the greatest of all the gifts
    he has ever given to us. God Himself is our greatest of all rewards, not some
    spiritual gift, even those of great healings in this life are only passing as all
    will die anyway, but having God there is nothing to compare to that.
    Kelly
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Mar '12 18:081 edit
    there are those that are not faking it, and God is doing a good work in them.
    Kelly
    You should be careful pal. You seem to be part of a corrupt greedy organisation which by all counts seem to be very far from God.

I know of many of these churches which focus on money and convincing people that the more they give to the pastor the more blessing they will get. They encourage public donations and shout to the entire congregation .. "Mr. X gave $500.00 ... Ms Y gave $1000.00 ... come up and give your money and receive blessing from the Lord .. "

Is that the kind of church you attend ?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Mar '12 18:18
    You should be careful pal. You seem to be part of a corrupt greedy organisation which by all counts seem to be very far from God.

I know of many of these churches which focus on money and convincing people that the more they give to the pastor the more blessing they will get. They encourage public donations and shout to the entire congregation .. "Mr. X ...[text shortened]... you money and receive blessing from the Lord .. "

Each one of us are going to stand before God to give an account of our lives,
    from me and you and everyone else, including those you and I both agree are
    using God to get over. Their sins will be answered for just everyone else's are
    going to be, we will either die in our sins or be saved by Jesus Christ.

I again am not going to attempt to justify evil on this topic, I imagine in some
    cases there are those that want to serve the Lord standing next to someone
    else who wants to get over and they are working in the same congregation.
    God is not going to divide us by what we belonged to as far congregations go,
    but He is going to divide us from those that belong to Him from those that do
    not, which I imagine will cut through every congregation, since congregations
    do not save us from sin, Jesus does.
    Kelly
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Mar '12 18:24
    fakers! every single last one of them. At Pentecost specific languages were being
    spoken, Biblical fact! argue with the word of God if you like, i know what it states.
    If the only scripture that spoke on that subject was limited to the book of Acts
    and Pentecost I'd say you have a point; however, that isn't the only scripture,
    but are you free to keep your beliefs and not bother to research it out yourself.
    Kelly
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Mar '12 18:25
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Yes.
    Shame, but if you were surrounded by fakers I imagine that was all you know.
    Kelly
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Mar '12 18:25
    Each one of us are going to stand before God to give an account of our lives,
    from me and you and everyone else, including those you and I both agree are
    using God to get over. Their sins will be answered for just everyone else's are
    going to be, we will either die in our sins or be saved by Jesus Christ.

I again am not going to attempt to justify evi ...[text shortened]... ut through every congregation, since congregations
    do not save us from sin, Jesus does.
    Kelly
    If you see evil going on in a church such as what I described in my last post, you should keep away from them. Pauls advice regarding staying apart from evil-doers is very clear.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Mar '12 18:30
    Shame, but if you were surrounded by fakers I imagine that was all you know.
    Kelly
    Could be that you are also surrounded by fakers and choose to ignore it or live in denial.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Mar '12 19:06
    If you see evil going on in a church such as what I described in my last post, you should keep away from them. Pauls advice regarding staying apart from evil-doers is very clear.
    If I see evil I'll address it, not at all claiming that was what I see where I
    fellowship at. I also believe you've told everyone not to ask you personal
    questions about works and things which I repect, have you changed your
    mind on that since you are asking me about mine?

My point earlier was that there could be two people doing the same thing
    for different reasons, one out of love for God and man the other to get over.
    God will separate them, I'm not worried about that when the time comes
    Judas will reveal himself for what he really is.
    Kelly
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Mar '12 19:08
    Could be that you are also surrounded by fakers and choose to ignore it or live in denial.
    Knowing or seeing something that is real gives you a better understanding
    when it comes to the false. When they train people to find fake money they
    teach then only what is real, then the bad will standout.
    Kelly
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Mar '12 19:12

I know of many of these churches which focus on money and convincing people that the more they give to the pastor the more blessing they will get. They encourage public donations and shout to the entire congregation .. "Mr. X ...[text shortened]... our money and receive blessing from the Lord .. "

"You should be careful pal. You seem to be part of a corrupt greedy organisation which by all counts seem to be very far from God. "

Can you tell me how you got I was a part of some corrupt greedy organization
    which by all counts seem to very far from God from what I said?
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree