1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Aug '05 10:381 edit
    Originally posted by CinderHeart
    You compare your BS about "spiritual blindness" to physical blindness. Alright, let's take this one step further. Riddle me this, Kelly. Who "sees" better with no light, the man who has his sight, or the man who doesn't. Since there is absolutely no basis for any of the crap you believe, when it comes to the question of God, we're technically ...[text shortened]... omething heavy until they stopped literally embracing ignorance as a way of hiding from reality.
    Tell me what do you think the passage below tells us as you read it?
    Kelly

1 Corinthians 2 9-16

9However, as it is written:
    "No eye has seen,
    no ear has heard,
    no mind has conceived
    what God has prepared for those who love him" 10but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.
    The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words. 14The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment:
    16"For who has known the mind of the Lord
    that he may instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Aug '05 10:44
    Originally posted by CinderHeart
    Because there seems to be some sort of epidemic or something that somehow makes people prefer ignorance over common sense and intelligence, and I feel the need to call into question the fools that try to spread this mindless devotion to some being that has as much proof to back it up as the tooth fairy.
    So you are attempting to save the world from faith in God. How do
    you plan on doing that, telling everyone that belief is wrong? What
    is the plan? My devotion isn't mindless; moreover, this is a zero
    sum game when it comes to world view foundations, you remove
    one you will replace it with something else, having a void will be
    fought by the mind. I'll be interested in your reading of the passage
    of scripture I gave you in another post.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree