1. Joined
    10 Apr '05
    Moves
    15 Aug '05 23:481 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    What is it?

(All viewpoints welcome. Leave your firearms at the door.)
    The Holy Spirit is simply another name for God...Jesus proved that when he said that God is Spirit, and God is Holy.
    When the bible is talking about God's gift to man, it is holy spirit, which is given without measure to those who are "born again".
    Holy spirit in a believer who understands God's Word can be manifested in many ways. Actually 9 ways, listed in 1 Cor. 12......But this manifestation can only happen when faith is combined with an accurate understanding of scripture.
  2. Joined
    16 Jul '05
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 00:18
    Originally posted by checkbaitor
    The Holy Spirit is simply another name for God...Jesus proved that when he said that God is Spirit, and God is Holy.
    When the bible is talking about God's gift to man, it is holy spirit, which is given without measure to those who are "born again".
    Holy spirit in a believer who understands God's Word can be manifested in many ways. Actually 9 wa ...[text shortened]... anifestation can only happen when faith is combined with an accurate understanding of scripture.
    translate into english dude. so like if you havent seen the holy spirit you either dont have faith or dont have an understanding of scripture? huh? lol
  3. Joined
    10 Apr '05
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 01:08
    Originally posted by FreaKinGenius
    translate into english dude. so like if you havent seen the holy spirit you either dont have faith or dont have an understanding of scripture? huh? lol
    I don't understand your question. What is there to translate? I am simply stating what the bible says. You can't see spirit by the 5 senses. But you can see the manifestion of holy spirit. If you read 1Corinthians chapter 12 you will know what the 9 manifestations are. What language do you speak?
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 02:02
    Originally posted by checkbaitor
    I don't understand your question. What is there to translate? I am simply stating what the bible says. You can't see spirit by the 5 senses. But you can see the manifestion of holy spirit. If you read 1Corinthians chapter 12 you will know what the 9 manifestations are. What language do you speak?
    Apparently English and not BS like you.
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 02:21
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Apparently English and not BS like you.
    Why is it BS? The Holy Spirit is a Trinitarian Christian's definition, so the Bible is logically the best way to explain what Trinitarian Christians define as the Holy Spirit.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 03:09
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Why is it BS? The Holy Spirit is a Trinitarian Christian's definition, so the Bible is logically the best way to explain what Trinitarian Christians define as the Holy Spirit.
    Read the first post on the page and tell me it's not gibberish. The next poster asked for a clearer explanation and our "Christian" friend insulted him by suggesting he couldn't read English. Hence, my post.
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 03:51
    Read the first post on the page and tell me it's not gibberish. The next poster asked for a clearer explanation and our "Christian" friend insulted him by suggesting he couldn't read English. Hence, my post.
    What I saw was the patronizing "lol", "dude", "translate into English", "like" of the second post in this page, so I'm not surprised by our "friend"'s reaction.

If you don't have faith, like I don't, obviously you won't recognize the HS anywhere but the definition is theist in origin and does rely on faith. What is a coincidence for an atheist may be the Holy Spirit for the TC, so I guess faith is an integral and necessary part of how I would define the HS.

Trinitarianism (and obviously the HS) also depends on interpretation of the Bible (like he said) because there are a few Bible followers who do not accept the Trinity's equality (Mormons).

Personally, I never found a Christian that could properly explain me why the HS is considered an entity (person) separate from the Father, even if most of them consider the Trinity very important.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 03:581 edit
    What I saw was the patronizing "lol", "dude", "translate into English", "like" of the second post in this page, so I'm not surprised by our "friend"'s reaction.

If you don't have faith, like I don't, obviously you won't r ...[text shortened]... Father, even if most of them consider the Trinity very important.
    If they're going to believe in something and post about it, then it's their obligation to explain it clearly. When I post about Lockean Fundamental Rights philosophy and someone asks me what it means, I try to explain it as best I can (except if I'm in a really vile mood). Our friend could have clarified his belief system, though I agree I've never heard it explained without it sounding like complete baloney.
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 04:01
    If they're going to believe in something and post about it, then it's their obligation to explain it clearly. When I post about Lockean Fundamental Rights philosophy and someone asks me what it means, I try to explain it as best I can (except if I'm in a really vile mood). Our friend could have clarified his belief system, though I agree I've never heard it explained without it sounding like complete baloney.
    The other guy didn't ask him, he made an insult in the form of a question.

Why should he indulge him?
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 04:08
    The other guy didn't ask him, he made an insult in the form of a question.

Why should he indulge him?
    This looks like a question to me:

so like if you havent seen the holy spirit you either dont have faith or dont have an understanding of scripture?

Where's the insult?
  11. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 04:10
    This looks like a question to me:

so like if you havent seen the holy spirit you either dont have faith or dont have an understanding of scripture?

Where's the insult?
    Exactly what you left out.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 04:11
    Exactly what you left out.
    translate into english dude?

That's an insult?
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 04:15
    Anyway, I enjoyed my little sojourn back into the Spirituality Forum, but as it remains a temple to illogic, circular arguments and outright nonsense, I will now take my leave. Maybe I'll drop by again in another month.
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 04:16
    translate into english dude?

That's an insult?
    At best it's equal to checkbaitor's answer that you were whining about!

"Translate into english dude"
    "What language do you speak?"

Why is the first ok to you and the second is not?

The next poster asked for a clearer explanation and our "Christian" friend insulted him by suggesting he couldn't read English.
  15. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 04:18
    Anyway, I enjoyed my little sojourn back into the Spirituality Forum, but as it remains a temple to illogic, circular arguments and outright nonsense, I will now take my leave. Maybe I'll drop by again in another month.
    And brave Sir Robin ran away.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree