1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Mar '18 04:21
    Originally posted by @fmf
    If you can't read the sentence and discern what it means, so be it.
    I love how you never answer questions.

I presume you mean salvation/heaven in exchange for adherence to a moral code of behavior.

That may be the case with other religions, but it ain’t with Christianity. Belief in and acceptance of Jesus Christ is what’s required.

As my old pastor said, “Other religions are about ‘do.’ Christianity is about ‘done.’ Jesus did it all.”
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '18 04:24
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    I love how you never answer questions.
    I interpret your repeated question about the word "adherence" as tedious, disingenuous piss taking. Just so you understand me.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Mar '18 04:37
    I interpret your repeated question about the word "adherence" as tedious, disingenuous piss taking. Just so you understand me.
    It was a legitimate question that you couldn’t answer. So rather than simply ignore it or provide a legitimate answer, you fall back on your overused and inadequate riposte that it’s the other person’s fault for not understanding your sloppy sentence structure or confused and muddled thinking.

That’s my opinion. Just so you understand me.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '18 04:41
    It was a legitimate question that you couldn’t answer. So rather than simply ignore it or provide a legitimate answer, you fall back on your overused and inadequate riposte that it’s the other person’s fault for not understanding your sloppy sentence structure or confused and muddled thinking.
    Don't be a buffoon. I understand my own writing. I understand the words "adherence" and "religions" as I used them.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Mar '18 04:47
    Don't be a buffoon. I understand my own writing. I understand the words "adherence" and "religions" as I used them.
    Well unless you’re writing in a diary, you might want to consider whether other people can understand your intended meaning.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '18 04:54
    Well unless you’re writing in a diary, you might want to consider whether other people can understand your intended meaning.
    Other people can make what they will of my ability to write and your behaviour and suggestion in response to it.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Mar '18 04:55
    Other people can make what they will of my ability to write and your behaviour and suggestion in response to it.
    Gee thanks for stating, Mr. Obvious
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '18 05:17
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    Someone might think that their life is good enough without God. But nobody is actually pursuing moral perfection without God, and while life may certainly be enjoyable, it is not in the process of truly being bettered without a relationship with God.
    If religious belief and the perceived instructions of a god figure are what encourage a person to act and interact in a morally sound way, I welcome it.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Mar '18 07:38
    “Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.”

(Ecclesiastes 12:13)
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '18 07:401 edit
    “Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.”

(Ecclesiastes 12:13)
    This is what adherents of the Christian religion have to do, right?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Mar '18 07:42
    This what adherents of the Christian religion have to do, right?
    Ecclesiastes is from the Old Testament - pre-Christianity.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '18 07:472 edits
    Ecclesiastes is from the Old Testament - pre-Christianity.
    Adherents of the Christian religion are required to keep their god figure's commandments, I think you will find.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Mar '18 08:01
    Adherents of the Christian religion are required to keep their god figure's commandments, I think you will find.
    No they aren’t. Salvation is obtained by believing in Jesus Christ and His Resurrection.

If such belief is genuine and sincere, God’s Holy Spirit indwells the new believer and begins to change his or her heart and, consequently, behavior. That is what leads to good works and an aversion to sin.

If humans were capable of keeping God’s commandments, the regular sacrifice of animals would not have been necessary, nor would the one-time, all-encompassing sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;”

(Romans 3:23)

“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

(Romans 6:23)
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '18 08:07
    No they aren’t. Salvation is obtained by believing in Jesus Christ and His Resurrection.

If such belief is genuine and sincere, God’s Holy Spirit indwells the new believer and begins to change his or her heart and, consequently, behavior. That is what leads to good works and an aversion to sin.

If humans were capable of keeping God’s commandments, ...[text shortened]... uld not have been necessary, nor would the one-time, all-encompassing sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
    You mean to say that the "the one-time, all-encompassing sacrifice of Jesus Christ" means that adherents of the Christian religion are not required to keep their god's commandments?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Mar '18 08:10
    You mean to say that the "the one-time, all-encompassing sacrifice of Jesus Christ" means that adherents of the Christian religion are not required to keep their god's commandments?
    If you’re talking about what’s necessary for salvation, it’s genuine and sincere belief in Jesus Christ and His Resurrection.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree