The idea or the person

The idea or the person

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
21 May 15

Originally posted by googlefudge
I don't expect it to do anything.

However people keep claiming that their religions [b]DO
do things.
[like get you to heaven as just one example][/b]
Yes another point we agree upon. Unless your religion actually does something for you (makes you wiser, happier, more loving, empathetic, generous etc etc ) and also helps other people its nothing more than an empty ritual and you would be just as well joining a chess club as a church.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 May 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
So your ancestors were English?

🙄
I am not admitting it. 😏

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
21 May 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
I am not admitting it. 😏
Afraid you already did that when you posted:

'My ancestors escaped from the oppression of the Tyrannical power of England to America.'

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 May 15
1 edit

Afraid you already did that when you posted:

'My ancestors escaped from the oppression of the Tyrannical power of England to America.'
That does not necessarily mean they were English. It Just means they came from that area. Who knows how they got there or what nationality they were? Don't you have a lot of different nationalities living in England today? 😏

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
22 May 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
That does not necessarily mean they were English. It Just means they came from that area. Who knows how they got there or what nationality they were? Don't you have a lot of different nationalities living in England today? 😏
You're squirming sir. Just embrace the English blood that pumps through your veins, blood that also pumped through Darwin.

Cape Town

Moves
22 May 15
1 edit

You're squirming sir. Just embrace the English blood that pumps through your veins, blood that also pumped through Darwin.
They might have been Kenyan. The Tyrannical power of England was quite widespread when his parents were young. He might even be related to Obama.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 May 15

Originally posted by twhitehead
They might have been Kenyan. The Tyrannical power of England was quite widespread when his parents were young. He might even be related to Obama.
No, no, no, God forbid. 😲

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
22 May 15

Originally posted by twhitehead
I think you might have hit the nail on the head there.