1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 12:52
    This thread will be mostly about the 40 days following the resurrection of Jesus. What did He do and say according to the New Testament.

I will show how over a period of 40 days before His ascension, Jesus trained His disciples to realize His invisible presence within them and with them. And He prepared them for living by faith rather than sight that He would be with them until the consummation of the church age.

The collection of post resurrection facts of all kinds from the Bible are important to my purpose in discussing this.

Proposed discrepancy of details can be submitted as I do not purport to be able to reconcile all problems the post resurrection happenings as told in the Gospels.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 13:054 edits
    Jesus hid His identify from Mary and from Cleopas and his companion. Or somehow their eyes were prevented from recognizing Him immediately.

Here is His encounter with Mary from the Gospel of John 20 .

But May stood outside at the tomb weeping. Then as she wept, she stooped in to look into the tomb. And beheld two angels in white sitting, one at the head and one at the feet where the body of Jesus had lain. And they said to her, Woman, why are you weeping? She said to them, Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid Him.

When she said these things, she turned backward and beheld Jesus standing there, yet she did not know that it was Jesus. Jesus said to her, Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking? She , supposing that He was the gardener, said to Him, Sir, if You have carried Him away, tell me where You have laid Him, and I will take Him away.

Jesus said to her, Mary! She turned and said to Him in Hebrew, Rabboni! (which means Teacher) Jesus said to her, Do not touch Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brothers and say to them, I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.

Mary the Magdalene came, announcing to the disciples, I have seen the Lord, and that He had said these things to her." (vs. 11-18)
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 13:17
    Jesus first appeared in His resurrection to Mary. Mary was a great lover of Jesus her Master and Teacher. Jesus had cast seven demons out of Mary.

I would have thought Jesus would first appear to perhaps Nicodemus. He was a secretive disciple. Yet he was very smart and intelligent. Jesus appeared to the deep lover first - Mary.

Jesus, however, did not want Mary to embrace Him because He wanted to ascend to the Father first. The meaning of this must be that to Jesus, the first to enjoy His resurrection body must be His Father.

Do not ask me how the Father was to do this. I don't know. I don't presume to imagine.

But I am pretty sure that these words of Jesus meant the the very first to "hug" or have the closest show of love must be His Father in heaven.

"Jesus said to her, Do not touch Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father." (v.17a)

In the evening He did allow the disciples to touch Him as is seen in verses 20 - 19.

"When therefore it was EVENING on that day, the first day of the week, and while the doors were shut where the disciples were for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst and said to them, Peace be to you.

And when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. The disciples therefore rejoiced at seeing the Lord." (vs.19-20)

He must have ascended to the Father in that dimension and above where the Father enjoyed the freshly resurrected Son. Then in the evening He returned and allowed then the disciples to touch His body.
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 13:31
    What do you hope to achieve by posting these theological monologues on a chess forum sonship?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 14:251 edit
    hat do you hope to achieve by posting these theological monologues on a chess forum sonship?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thankyou.

So I won't hear from you again in this thread ?
    If so that would be splendid.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 14:311 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    [b] hat do you hope to achieve by posting these theological monologues on a chess forum sonship?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thankyou.

If so that would be splendid.[/b]
    I am also curious. Do see yourself as [1] preaching to the choir, so to speak, i.e. talking to people who already agree with what you say, or [2] trying to recruit Christians (with whom you may have doctrinal differences) to your particular sect or denomination's ideology, or [3] trying to draw non-believers into Christianity?
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 14:36
    [b] hat do you hope to achieve by posting these theological monologues on a chess forum sonship?

Thankyou.

If so that would be splendid.[/b]
    No such luck yet. Will you be so kind as to address my question?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 14:541 edit
    This was my targeted readers whose discussion I am interested in;

The collection of post resurrection facts of all kinds from the Bible are important to my purpose in discussing this.

Proposed discrepancy of details can be submitted as I do not purport to be able to reconcile all problems the post resurrection happenings as told in the Gospels.

Those who are not standing by salivating to derail the topic into another anti-spirituality soap box for atheism can help by examining portions of the Gospels related to the time after Christ's resurrection.

You do not have to believe as I do. But it sure helps.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 14:56
    One thing about the portion of John 20 I quoted above: I have the impression that since Mary was the only one there to experience this, probably Mary supplied this testimonial to the author of this Gospel. But I don't know that for certain.

Collecting important testimony, I can see John not only telling us of his experience but that of Mary as well.

Jesus was transitioning the disciples. He was preparing them to live by His unseen presence. According to Matthew 28:20, He would be with them until the completion of the church age, however long that might be.

" Go therefore and disciple all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, Teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.

And behold , I am with you all the days until the consummation of the age."

Jesus, was with Mary, though Mary didn't immediately recongnize Him.
    Jesus was with the disciples, though they were behind closed and locked doors.

Jesus was transitioning them to learn to live by His invisible presence.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 15:00
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    No such luck yet. Will you be so kind as to address my question?
    What I hope to achieve is written in my OP, as usual.

Question addressed. Bye now.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 16:06
    Jesus first appeared in His resurrection to Mary. Mary was a great lover of Jesus her Master and Teacher. Jesus had cast seven demons out of Mary.

I would have thought Jesus would first appear to perhaps Nicodemus. He was a secretive disciple. Yet he was very smart and intelligent. Jesus appeared to the deep lover first - Mary.

Jesus, however, did n ...[text shortened]... surrected Son. Then in the evening He returned and allowed then the disciples to touch His body.
    Interesting, but here is the best commentary I have seen on John 20:17....
    http://www.revisedenglishversion.com/commentary/John/20
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 16:45
    What I hope to achieve is written in my OP, as usual.

Question addressed. Bye now.
    I'm sorry sonship but I can post in whatever thread and forum I like. I am after all a playng member of this website and have been for numerous years, if I recall correctly you have never contributed to this website financially. That you think who can dictate what threads I post in is the night of arrogance and egotism.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 21:45
    This thread will be mostly about the 40 days following the resurrection of Jesus. What did He do and say according to the New Testament.

I will show how over a period of 40 days before His ascension, Jesus trained His disciples to realize His invisible presence within them and with them. And He prepared them for living by faith rather than sight that He w ...[text shortened]... rt to be able to reconcile all problems the post resurrection happenings as told in the Gospels.
    I fully support your message, but on this proviso: that you categorically state here and now that this Jesus of whom you speak, will not be orchestrating the hanging of the lost " in chains of eternal punishment as a warning to those on other worlds."

Thanks for responding.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 22:55
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I fully support your message, but on this proviso: that you categorically state here and now that this Jesus of whom you speak, will not be orchestrating the hanging of the lost " in chains of eternal punishment as a warning to those on other worlds."

Thanks for responding.
    I know that this is for sonship, but I'm curious. Are you willing to throw out the baby with the bathwater?
    I do not agree totally with anyone on this forum as I'm sure you don't agree with all of what I post. But this one thing I have learned. Eat the fish and spit out the bones.
    I don't have to agree with everything someone believes, but I can learn some things.
    I have also learned that God works with all sorts of people from many different denominations.
    No one has it all right, but they all have some things right.
    I just sit back and listen, and ask God to teach me something from what this person says or writes.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Mar '16 06:032 edits
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I know that this is for sonship, but I'm curious. Are you willing to throw out the baby with the bathwater?
    I do not agree totally with anyone on this forum as I'm sure you don't agree with all of what I post. But this one thing I have learned. Eat the fish and spit out the bones.
    I don't have to agree with everything someone believes, but I can learn ...[text shortened]... ust sit back and listen, and ask God to teach me something from what this person says or writes.
    Do you follow you own example by reading and looking for what you can learn from the Jehovah's Witnesses, dasa, RJHinds, and in fact any of the other self anointed techers here?

The reason I don't "eat the fish a spit out the bones" with sonship's epic monologues, is that the bones are massive and spoil the dish so I don't touch it. I never question anyone's Christianity I only question the message.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree