The JW's should be the YW's

The JW's should be the YW's

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
24 Aug 10

the watchtower society claims that they ere the one true religion because they are: 1, persecuted for their beliefs and 2, they know the name of the one true God.

I would counter this with the fact that no religion or people has suffered as much persecution as the Jews, and the Jewish scholars know the actual true personal name of God....and it is not Jehovah

for further proof on this please follow this very safe link:http://www.fossilizedcustoms.com/name.html

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Aug 10

Originally posted by duecer
the watchtower society claims that they ere the one true religion because they are: 1, persecuted for their beliefs and 2, they know the name of the one true God.

I would counter this with the fact that no religion or people has suffered as much persecution as the Jews, and the Jewish scholars know the actual true personal name of God....and it is not Jeho ...[text shortened]... rther proof on this please follow this very safe link:http://www.fossilizedcustoms.com/name.html
I dont understand why you keep harrassing the poor JWs like that. They are already a persecuted group of people. You are getting just like that foolish Raj..something guy ..🙂

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
24 Aug 10

Originally posted by Rajk999
I dont understand why you keep harrassing the poor JWs like that. They are already a persecuted group of people. You are getting just like that foolish Raj..something guy ..🙂
I just want to have a friendly discussion about belief systems, is that so wrong?🙂

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Aug 10

I just want to have a friendly discussion about belief systems, is that so wrong?🙂
Wrong? No
Impossible? Yes
Ask Divegeester ... 😀

JWs dont discuss. They inform. Its a briefing session.
They teach, you shut up and listen.
You understand?

And they have proof that they were sent by God to do that as well ...LOL .

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
24 Aug 10

Originally posted by Rajk999
Wrong? No
Impossible? Yes
Ask Divegeester ... 😀

JWs dont discuss. They inform. Its a briefing session.
They teach, you shut up and listen.
You understand?

And they have proof that they were sent by God to do that as well ...LOL .
I'm always interested in what others believe. Perhaps I am a bit impatient when trying to point out the absurdities of their beliefs, but I am truly interested.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Aug 10

I'm always interested in what others believe. Perhaps I am a bit impatient when trying to point out the absurdities of their beliefs, but I am truly interested.
Good Luck. I went down that road with G and RC several months ago, as did several others on this site. Were you not around? Many of their beliefs are truly ludicrous. I will read but refrain from commenting.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
24 Aug 10

You might try looking at the information they draw to your attention then.

s

England

Moves
24 Aug 10
1 edit

well i do not know how its pronounced, but the four letters or symbols as they are shown could be as they say or completly misrepresented. But does this point bother you in some way?
Im a anglican often refered to as prodestant this may be quite wrong but i can live quite happly with it

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
24 Aug 10

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
You might try looking at the information they draw to your attention then.
I always do. There are points in which I agree with the JW's. Where I differ is usually in unorthodox doctrine gleaned from either uncheckable sources, or sources that the Academic world has deemed suspect.

Cape Town

Moves
24 Aug 10

Where I differ is usually in unorthodox doctrine gleaned from either uncheckable sources, or sources that the Academic world has deemed suspect.
So what is "Orthodox"?
I would say that if you are Christian, then you too should admit to the same criticisms you level at JWs. Much of the Bible is an uncheckable source, and the Academic world deems it suspect.

Cape Town

Moves
24 Aug 10

I would counter this with the fact that no religion or people has suffered as much persecution as the Jews,
How would you measure that?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
24 Aug 10

I always do. There are points in which I agree with the JW's. Where I differ is usually in unorthodox doctrine gleaned from either uncheckable sources, or sources that the Academic world has deemed suspect.
I was referring to another thread.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
24 Aug 10

Originally posted by twhitehead
How would you measure that?
I would start with the 6 millions Jews killed in WW2 and work backwards

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
24 Aug 10
1 edit

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
I was referring to another thread.
then you admit to being off topic?

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
24 Aug 10

Originally posted by twhitehead
So what is "Orthodox"?
I would say that if you are Christian, then you too should admit to the same criticisms you level at JWs. Much of the Bible is an uncheckable source, and the Academic world deems it suspect.
of, pertaining to, or conforming to the approved form of any doctrine, philosophy, ideology, etc.
of, pertaining to, or conforming to beliefs, attitudes, or modes of conduct that are generally approved.
customary or conventional, as a means or method; established.
sound or correct in opinion or doctrine, esp. theological or religious doctrine.
conforming to the Christian faith as represented in the creeds of the early church.