The JW's should be the YW's

The JW's should be the YW's

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
26 Aug 10

Originally posted by twhitehead
You haven't offered any information regarding your religion. You suggest though that you do have some. So what is it, and how may it be verified?
What would you have me offer? "my religion" covers a pretty broad scope donthcha think? Is there something specific you would like enlightenment on?

I merely questioned two pillars of the watchtower as they differ with orthodox tradiion, how am I wrong in my assertion?

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
26 Aug 10

Well that is essentially saying "you're wrong and I'm right". But unless you can back that up with some sort of reasoning, it remains nothing more than a matter of opinion.
To simply say "The JWs are wrong because I say they are wrong" (which is what your original statement translates into) is a circular argument.
I have already offered verifiable data supporting my assertion, what have you offered?

Cape Town

Moves
26 Aug 10

Originally posted by duecer
being Jewish has the distinct quality of being both an ethnicity and a religion...religion or people...work on your reading skillz
I am aware of that. The point is that you pick and choose which you mean in order to further your argument.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
26 Aug 10

I am aware of that. The point is that you pick and choose which you mean in order to further your argument.
In what way? Prove my argument wrong if you can, otherwise you are guilty of the thing you have accused me of.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
26 Aug 10

native americans were not killed because of their religion, though the total number is quite high, its actual number remains in dispute. For arguments sake lets say it equals the number from WW2, there are still 3500 years of history to contend with. No I think my statement stands as correct unless you can prove otherwise.

Edot: much of the population decline of Native Americans can be attributed to disease.
True. Spain is the all time leader for murder and butchery in the name of Christ in the Americas.

Cape Town

Moves
26 Aug 10

What would you have me offer? "my religion" covers a pretty broad scope donthcha think? Is there something specific you would like enlightenment on?

I merely questioned two pillars of the watchtower as they differ with orthodox tradiion, how am I wrong in my assertion?
You made this claim:
Where I differ is usually in unorthodox doctrine gleaned from either uncheckable sources, or sources that the Academic world has deemed suspect.

So clearly where you differ from the JWs, you must have equivalent but different doctrine which you claim is orthodox, gleaned from either checkable sources, or sources that the Academic world has not deemed suspect.
So what is this doctrine?

Is there anything in your religion that does not fit your description of JWs doctrine?

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
26 Aug 10

You made this claim:
[b]Where I differ is usually in unorthodox doctrine gleaned from either uncheckable sources, or sources that the Academic world has deemed suspect.

So clearly where you differ from the JWs, you must have equivalent but different doctrine which you claim is orthodox, gleaned from either checkable sources, or sources that the Ac ...[text shortened]... trine?

Is there anything in your religion that does not fit your description of JWs doctrine?[/b]
asked and answered...you really need to check your reading skillz. Perhaps an adult ed class would help.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
26 Aug 10

Originally posted by caissad4
True. Spain is the all time leader for murder and butchery in the name of Christ in the Americas.
In the name of Christ? More like in the name of King...or the name of gold. Sadly Europeans are passively accountable for millions of Native American deaths....by carrying small pox, and other diseases to the new world. Disease killed far more Natives than guns did.

Cape Town

Moves
26 Aug 10

asked and answered...you really need to check your reading skillz. Perhaps an adult ed class would help.
I have gone back through the whole thread, and cannot find where you have answered it. Maybe it is my writing skills that are at fault. Let me try and rephrase the question:
You claim that the JWs have doctrine gleaned from either uncheckable sources, or sources that the Academic world has deemed suspect.
My questions are:
1) does your religion have any doctrine that does not fit that description? If so, what is that doctrine?
2) do you believe that all the doctrine in your religion does not fit that description?

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
26 Aug 10

I have gone back through the whole thread, and cannot find where you have answered it. Maybe it is my writing skills that are at fault. Let me try and rephrase the question:
You claim that the JWs have doctrine gleaned from either uncheckable sources, or sources that the Academic world has deemed suspect.
My questions are:
1) does your religion have a ...[text shortened]... ctrine?
2) do you believe that all the doctrine in your religion does not fit that description?
your questions are off topic

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Aug 10

Originally posted by menace71
If you've noticed I've refrained from attacking you personally(I try) but this is a forum where yours and my ideas for that matter will be challenged. I don't think attacking you does any good 🙂 I think Rajj just has a hard style and While I don't agree with Rajj attacking style there is the adage that the truth sometimes hurts. Man.....I just think and i ...[text shortened]... If the WT was serious they would denounce that and admit it was all fraudulent.

Manny
Manny..Do you really not understand the differance between making honest errors and being fraudulent?
It has been explained to you many times what the brothers did in the early years and it was just plain mistakes that they later recanted and no longer make those claims as we've learned that "no one knows the hour." Are we not human too?
I don't know why you and Rajj are determend to live in the past and not look at the now? I believe that it's all you can find to pick on. Change subjects and get on with it.
And I don't mind the JW's being attacked but when it gets personal like Rajj stating a few months ago that he'd rape the women in my family, that is going to far. He says he's a Christian??? Right... Not even close. He should be banned from this sight forever.

F

Moves
27 Aug 10

and what of the previous 3000 years of history?
Exactly. What of it? You cited the 1930s and 40s for the Jews and I seem to have trumped that with the murder and persecution of the Chinese. So what of the previous 3,000 years of history?

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
27 Aug 10

Originally posted by FMF
Exactly. What of it? You cited the 1930s and 40s for the Jews and I seem to have trumped that with the murder and persecution of the Chinese. So what of the previous 3,000 years of history?
In response to someones query. I stated we should start with the 6 million and work backwards and count how many have been killed, tortured, enslaved etc...

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Aug 10

Originally posted by galveston75
Manny..Do you really not understand the differance between making honest errors and being fraudulent?
It has been explained to you many times what the brothers did in the early years and it was just plain mistakes that they later recanted and no longer make those claims as we've learned that "no one knows the hour." Are we not human too?
I don't know ...[text shortened]... 's a Christian??? Right... Not even close. He should be banned from this sight forever.
What ??!! I said I would do what? Dont flatter yourself. I wont touch the women in your family with a stick. They are probably diseased and germ ridden.

Furthermore if Im the last man on the Earth and they are the last women then the species will become extinct.

Cape Town

Moves
27 Aug 10

your questions are off topic
You accuse JWs of something that you yourself are guilty of. That makes you a hypocrite. Calling it 'off topic' doesn't make you less of a hypocrite.