Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    25 Aug '10 05:10
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Wrong? No
    Impossible? Yes
    Ask Divegeester ... 😀

JWs dont discuss. They inform. Its a briefing session.
    They teach, you shut up and listen.
    You understand?

And they have proof that they were sent by God to do that as well ...LOL .
    You hit that right on the nail. G-75's style is not so much to try and teach as to try and inform us. He for all of his qualities when it comes to his forum postings already has his preset answer from the watch tower. He's not so much trying to have an open dialog as much as inform us as to what is correct by the JW/WT standards. Nothing elses anyone has to say really matters too much. This is the disingenuous part of what He does. I like G-75 I sense he is a good guy but this is what is so frustrating.

Manny
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    25 Aug '10 05:16
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I'm working long hours today and tomorrow at work so I'm not ignoring this thread, so I'll try to join in tomorrow evening if that's ok? But just a quick comment about the Jews and it is very true that they have suffered badly and it's shameful how they have. But Jesus was taliking about a group of people that would speak of his Fathers name and would us ...[text shortened]... to do. So I may be wrong but I don't think they are who Jesus was speaking of.... Thanks.
    You ever heard of Messianic Jews ?

Manny
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Aug '10 07:26
    Originally posted by menace71
    You hit that right on the nail. G-75's style is not so much to try and teach as to try and inform us. He for all of his qualities when it comes to his forum postings already has his preset answer from the watch tower. He's not so much trying to have an open dialog as much as inform us as to what is correct by the JW/WT standards. Nothing elses anyone has to ...[text shortened]... e does. I like G-75 I sense he is a good guy but this is what is so frustrating.

Manny
    Well I may not go about posting things right in yours eyes as well as others here and it makes a few mad including you at times but I've tried to have decent conversations here and it always seems to come back to ones like Rajj being completely immature and completely disrupting to any normal flow of conversations for us all. I'm only human and it makes me react as any human would. But then that seems to be his lot in life.... He has scriptural knowledge but seems to be completely unaware of how to use it in a positive way. It would seem he would use the Bible he says he believes in to show his view which would be very much respected, but instead he does the Rajj thing...
    And do I and Robbie not include scripture after scripture to show why we believe as we do? It's easy to post an opinion, we all have them but this is a spiritual forum and we have been taught to use the Bible and know the scriptures the best we can. To me this silly, silly bickering and name calling needs to stop or I'm gone.
  4. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    25 Aug '10 11:44
    RC sent me an interesting PM which seemed to state (paraphrasing) that because the pronunciation of Jehovah has been in use for so long, and that a precise pronunciation would likely be impossible to verify, that it would seem silly to change it.

My response is that if you claim to be glorifying the name of the one true God, shouldn't you get it correct first? After all it was the Jews themselves that stopped using the name and went to Elohim and Addonai. I think what's important is the intent and not the actual verifiable name...after all we are not Jewish and Hebrew is not our native tongue.
  5. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    25 Aug '10 11:45
    Well I may not go about posting things right in yours eyes as well as others here and it makes a few mad including you at times but I've tried to have decent conversations here and it always seems to come back to ones like Rajj being completely immature and completely disrupting to any normal flow of conversations for us all. I'm only human and it makes ...[text shortened]... e best we can. To me this silly, silly bickering and name calling needs to stop or I'm gone.
    I like the discussion🙂
  6. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    25 Aug '10 11:47
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You didn't say they had to be killed because of their religion. In that case, you can cancel your second world war figures, as they too were not killed because of their religion.

Now what about Africans. How many of them have been persecuted over the same period?
    please re-read op
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 06:25
    Well I may not go about posting things right in yours eyes as well as others here and it makes a few mad including you at times but I've tried to have decent conversations here and it always seems to come back to ones like Rajj being completely immature and completely disrupting to any normal flow of conversations for us all. I'm only human and it makes ...[text shortened]... e best we can. To me this silly, silly bickering and name calling needs to stop or I'm gone.
    If you've noticed I've refrained from attacking you personally(I try) but this is a forum where yours and my ideas for that matter will be challenged. I don't think attacking you does any good 🙂 I think Rajj just has a hard style and While I don't agree with Rajj attacking style there is the adage that the truth sometimes hurts. Man.....I just think and it's self evident that the JW/WT has fraudulent foundations. I guess something can be said for an organization trying to fix it's past but not to cover it up.
    My biggest problem is the prophecies 100's that all did not come to pass. If the WT was serious they would denounce that and admit it was all fraudulent.

Manny
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 06:37
    Originally posted by duecer
    please re-read op
    I have re-read it. What is your point?
    What constitutes a 'people'? What constitutes a religion?

How many people died during the crusades amongst the Christians and the Muslims?

I just want to see whether your claim is substantiated by the facts, or whether you will simply keep adjusting definitions until the facts seem to fit the claim.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 06:391 edit
    of, pertaining to, or conforming to the approved form of any doctrine, philosophy, ideology, etc.
    of, pertaining to, or conforming to beliefs, attitudes, or modes of conduct that are generally approved.
    customary or conventional, as a means or method; established.
    sound or correct in opinion or doctrine, esp. theological or religious doctrine.
    conforming to the Christian faith as represented in the creeds of the early church.
    Sounds to me like your claim that the JWs doctrine is unorthodox is based solely on your claim that you are right and they are wrong. ie you don't approve of their doctrine.
    They could equally claim that your doctrine is unorthodox.

I am also waiting to hear what sources you have that do not fit your own description of the JWs sources ie "either uncheckable sources, or sources that the Academic world has deemed suspect."
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 06:54
    I would counter this with the fact that no religion or people has suffered as much persecution as the Jews...
    Oh? Well the Chinese come to mind. Discriminated against and persecuted too in countries and cities outside China for many centuries, to this day in fact. The invading Japanese killed far, far more than 6 million Chinese civilians in the 1930s and during WW2 alone. So I think you DO need to talk a little but about how you measure 'suffering' and 'persecution' unless your agenda is partisan in some way rather than one that promotes real historical analysis.
  11. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 13:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    Oh? Well the Chinese come to mind. Discriminated against and persecuted too in countries and cities outside China for many centuries, to this day in fact. The invading Japanese killed far, far more than 6 million Chinese civilians in the 1930s and during WW2 alone. So I think you DO need to talk a little but about how you measure 'suffering' and 'persecution' un ...[text shortened]... your agenda is partisan in some way rather than one that promotes real historical analysis.
    and what of the previous 3000 years of history?
  12. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 13:262 edits
    Sounds to me like your claim that the JWs doctrine is unorthodox is based solely on your claim that you are right and they are wrong. ie you don't approve of their doctrine.
    They could equally claim that your doctrine is unorthodox.

I am also waiting to hear what sources you have that do not fit your own description of the JWs sources ie "either uncheckable sources, or sources that the Academic world has deemed suspect."
    have I offered any information in this thread that is not verifiable?

edit: especially pertinent: 4.
    sound or correct in opinion or doctrine, esp. theological or religious doctrine.

you asked what orthodox meant, I answered.
  13. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 13:27
    I have re-read it. What is your point?
    What constitutes a 'people'? What constitutes a religion?

How many people died during the crusades amongst the Christians and the Muslims?

I just want to see whether your claim is substantiated by the facts, or whether you will simply keep adjusting definitions until the facts seem to fit the claim.
    being Jewish has the distinct quality of being both an ethnicity and a religion...religion or people...work on your reading skillz
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 13:311 edit
    have I offered any information in this thread that is not verifiable?
    You haven't offered any information regarding your religion as far as I know. You suggest though that you do have some. So what is it, and how may it be verified?
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 13:331 edit
    edit: especially pertinent: 4.
    Well that is essentially saying "you're wrong and I'm right". But unless you can back that up with some sort of reasoning, it remains nothing more than a matter of opinion.
    To simply say "The JWs are wrong because I say they are wrong" (which is what your original statement translates into) is a circular argument.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree