1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 04:11
    Originally posted by sonship
    Getting thru all this scripture misunderstanding stuff...show me (((( 1 )))))) scripture where it says to worship Jesus or where Jesus himself said to worship him and not his Father?

Why ?

No one is claiming that Jesus commanded anyone [b]NOT
    to worship the Father. That is ridiculous for you to sneak that in there as a chall ...[text shortened]... u are waiting for a command to "do your religious DUTY". I am simply in love with the Lord.[/b]
    I didn't say not to worship the Father, I said a scripture please that tells us to worship Jesus. Is there one or not?
    Try answering the question please....
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 05:201 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Does God have requirements to be a citizen of his Kingdom that is spoken of thru the entire Bible?
    If so what are they?
    Definitely, but one of them is not a requirement to be a member of the Jehovah's Witness corporation.
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 05:41
    Think about this for a minute........Jesus is called the KING of KINGS and LORD of LORDS.......This title alone answers any questions you may have about the Kingdom ( A King-Dom must have a King ) of God. How can this title be true if He is not acknowledged for who He is? If He is indeed the King of Kings ( It means no Kings above Him) and Lord of Lords (No Lords above Him) So Step #1 to understanding and being part of the Kingdom of God is by being a subject or citizen of God's Kingdom and Acknowledging the KING

Manny
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 05:461 edit
    Psalm 2 (New American Standard Bible
    New American Standard Bible (NASB)

http://www.biblegateway.com

The Reign of the Lord’s Anointed.

2 Why are the nations in an uproar
    And the peoples devising a vain thing?
    2 The kings of the earth take their stand
    And the rulers take counsel together
    Against the Lord and against His Anointed, saying,
    3 “Let us tear their fetters apart
    And cast away their cords from us!”
    4 He who sits in the heavens laughs,
    The Lord scoffs at them.
    5 Then He will speak to them in His anger
    And terrify them in His fury, saying,
    6 “But as for Me, I have installed My King
    Upon Zion, My holy mountain.”
    7 “I will surely tell of the decree of the Lord:
    He said to Me, ‘You are My Son,
    Today I have begotten You.
    8 ‘Ask of Me, and I will surely give the nations as Your inheritance,
    And the very ends of the earth as Your possession.
    9 ‘You shall break them with a rod of iron,
    You shall shatter them like earthenware.’”
    10 Now therefore, O kings, show discernment;
    Take warning, O judges of the earth.
    11 Worship the Lord with reverence
    And rejoice with trembling.
    12 Do homage to the Son, that He not become angry, and you perish in the way,
    For His wrath may soon be kindled.
    How blessed are all who take refuge in Him!

Manny
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 11:082 edits
    I didn't say not to worship the Father, I said a scripture please that tells us to worship Jesus. Is there one or not?

Try honestly owning up to what you actually asked.

You did say not to worship the Father -

...show me (((( 1 )))))) scripture where it says to worship Jesus or where Jesus himself said to worship him and not his Father?

(my bolding)

You asked for "or where Jesus himself said to worship him and not his Father? "

In the places in the New Testament where worship was rendered to Jesus Christ, He really didn't command it. It simply overflowed from greatful hearts and He received it.

The worshipping demoniac of course would be an exception.

Again, you wait for a command Old Testament style. But like the worshippers of Jesus, I simply overflow with holy adoration and appreciation
    for Jesus.

Pinpointing a specific "command" of Jesus saying "Worship Me !" is wholly unnecessary.

Only for length's sake I stop here.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 16:19
    Originally posted by sonship

Try honestly owning up to what you actually asked.

You did say not to worship the Father -

[quote] ...show me (((( 1 )))))) scripture where it says to worship Jesus or where ...[text shortened]... s saying "Worship Me !" is wholly unnecessary.

Only for length's sake I stop here.
    Still can't find that scripture it seems. Why is that?
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 16:43
    Originally posted by menace71
    Think about this for a minute........Jesus is called the KING of KINGS and LORD of LORDS.......This title alone answers any questions you may have about the Kingdom ( A King-Dom must have a King ) of God. How can this title be true if He is not acknowledged for who He is? If He is indeed the King of Kings ( It means no Kings above Him) and Lord of Lords (N ...[text shortened]... m of God is by being a subject or citizen of God's Kingdom and Acknowledging the KING

Manny
    Yes he is called that. But who "GAVE" him that title? This is something that keeps getting missed or ignored. If someone has the authority to give somebody else some kind of position that is important, the would mean the one who gave that person that position in fact could take it away just as an employer could take away a positon that was given to an employee, does it not? This description was given of this event so that we could understand it and this process is the same as that humans deal with. This is why it was written this way.
    Now what is Jesus now the King of? The complete seemingly never ending universe? Does the Bible say that or imply that?
    No it doesn't. So who is still the King of all that? It would be the one who gave Jesus the kingship over what? The earth.
    This is what is being missed and that is Jesus's whole direction and influance and even life for a short time was towards the earth. All his focus and actions from the time Adam sinned was towards the earth and what he would eventually do here and the much needed results for the betterment that his death would do for us.
    So this King of Kings is only referring to the vacinity of the earth and it is never implyed to be this authority over all the universe.
    This King of Kings is establishing that no human king will ever rule over mankind ever again as had happened in the past with failures to some extent with them all. No human could ever rule us as Jesus will. So Jesus will in affect be the only King we will ever need again and he will help clean the earth at armegeddon, abyess satan, and rule over the earth where he will implyment his Fathers plans.
    So yes on and earthly scale his is indeed the King of Kings. Remember the Bible was written for us and to see things from our eyes and mind on our level. So because of Jesus we will never need another earthly King or Lord or President, etc, etc.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 20:301 edit
    "Yes God has highly exalted Him."

Lol. Again I have to ask, how could one of these three parts of this equal godhead promote one part to a higher position if they are all equal to begin with according to the explination they say about the trinity?
    So now is this promoted part higher or more powerful in something then the other two parts?
    Or are t ...[text shortened]... re still equal, and the holy spirit still lagging somehow since it didn't get this promotion?
    God is not divided into three parts. There is one God in three persons, not parts. I am sure you must have enough common sense to know the difference between persons and parts. The three persons of the Godhead are equally God. If the Father is the First and the last, or the Beginning and the End, or the Alpha and the Omega, or the Almighty, then so is the Son, and so is the Holy Spirit. They equally share in the Godhead. However, at the present time all authority over the creation rests with the Son.

HalleuYah, Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 20:531 edit
    Yes he is called that. But who "GAVE" him that title? This is something that keeps getting missed or ignored. If someone has the authority to give somebody else some kind of position that is important, the would mean the one who gave that person that position in fact could take it away just as an employer could take away a positon that was given to an e So because of Jesus we will never need another earthly King or Lord or President, etc, etc.
    I think you are thinking of delegation of authority which is defined below:

The action by which a commander assigns part of his or her authority commensurate with the assigned task to a subordinate commander. While ultimate responsibility cannot be relinquished, delegation of authority carries with it the imposition of a measure of responsibility. The extent of the authority delegated must be clearly stated.

However, when one gives away ALL authority to another that implies a yielding or relinquishing of ALL authority, and He simply can not just take it back; but the one that has ALL authority would have to willingly give it back.

The Instructor
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 21:02
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    God is not divided into three parts. There is one God in three persons, not parts. I am sure you must have enough common sense to know the difference between persons and parts. The three persons of the Godhead are equally God. If the Father is the First and the last, or the Beginning and the End, or the Alpha and the Omega, or the Almighty, then so is th ...[text shortened]... ith the Son.

HalleuYah, Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
    No I'm sorry that I do not understand a 3 in 1 being of any kind as it is not anywhere in our world that anything like that exist and...this 3 in 1 godhead thing you worship cannot be explained even by the best of you. No one has ever been able to explain it and all the church leaders in the world that teach it cannot explain it.
    You can play like you do but up to this date you have never, ever come close to making any sense or explained it. And when you try you usually get pissed at ones who don't and try to condemn us or call us stupid for not understanding your wishy washy way of making this stuff up as you go.
    I was not born yesterday and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you or any of you friends here will ever explain it. The reason? It does not exist....
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 21:061 edit
    I think you are thinking of [b]delegation of authority which is defined below:

The action by which a commander assigns part of his or her authority commensurate with the assigned task to a subordinate commander. While ultimate responsibility cannot be relinquished, delegation of authority carries with it the imposition of a measure of responsibilit ...[text shortened]... back; but the one that has ALL authority would have to willingly give it back.

The Instructor
    Silliest stuff yet. You have no clue at all and just wing it with really dumb theories.
    Like I said everyone of you have a different story that is constantly morphing into something else.
    You know why that is the truth? Because you can't find anything in the Bible at all that says what you just wrote. Not one scripture says anything of the sort...
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 00:071 edit
    No I'm sorry that I do not understand a 3 in 1 being of any kind as it is not anywhere in our world that anything like that exist and...this 3 in 1 godhead thing you worship cannot be explained even by the best of you. No one has ever been able to explain it and all the church leaders in the world that teach it cannot explain it.
    You can play like you bt that you or any of you friends here will ever explain it. The reason? It does not exist....
    You are trying to understand God as a natural man, but the following is what the apostle Paul said:

But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

(1 Corinthians 2:7-8, 14 NKJV)

The Instructor
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 00:091 edit
    Silliest stuff yet. You have no clue at all and just wing it with really dumb theories.
    Like I said everyone of you have a different story that is constantly morphing into something else.
    You know why that is the truth? Because you can't find anything in the Bible at all that says what you just wrote. Not one scripture says anything of the sort...
    Well, is it not true that you were thinking of delegation of authority? That is thinking as a natural man.

The Instructor
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 00:15
    You are trying to understand God as a natural man, but the following is what the apostle Paul said:

[b]But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

But the natural man does n ...[text shortened]... because they are spiritually discerned.

(1 Corinthians 2:7-8, 14 NKJV)

The Instructor[/b]
    What? You are so far out there RJ. Jehovah is a sprit being and has never been a man. "No man may see God and live" What could you possibly not understand about that? Is it a lie? No it 'sn't as it's clear as a bell.
  15. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 02:50
    Yes he is called that. But who "GAVE" him that title? This is something that keeps getting missed or ignored. If someone has the authority to give somebody else some kind of position that is important, the would mean the one who gave that person that position in fact could take it away just as an employer could take away a positon that was given to an e ...[text shortened]... So because of Jesus we will never need another earthly King or Lord or President, etc, etc.
    He has always had this title from Alpha (beginning) to Omega (ending) All things (ALL) were created by Him and for Him. It surely does He is the King of Kings and King of the Heavens.

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree