1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 03:16
    Originally posted by menace71
    He has always had this title from Alpha (beginning) to Omega (ending) All things (ALL) were created by Him and for Him. It surely does He is the King of Kings and King of the Heavens.

Manny
    I guess you missd Robbies posting on the Alpha and Omega issue? Must have.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 03:552 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    What? You are so far out there RJ. Jehovah is a sprit being and has never been a man. "No man may see God and live" What could you possibly not understand about that? Is it a lie? No it 'sn't as it's clear as a bell.
    You apparently have gotten selective amnesia again. I will refresh your memory.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

(John 1:1-3, 14, 18 NKJV)

[b]Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

(John 14:9 NKJV)

The Instructor
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    29 Jun '13 02:25
    I guess you missd Robbies posting on the Alpha and Omega issue? Must have.
    Don't really care as whatever He posted was copy N Paste

Manny
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Jun '13 03:05
    Does God have requirements to be a citizen of his Kingdom that is spoken of thru the entire Bible?
    If so what are they?
    That depends.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Jun '13 03:37
    Originally posted by josephw
    That depends.
    The bible explains what they are so you should know them I would guess.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Jun '13 03:38
    Originally posted by menace71
    Don't really care as whatever He posted was copy N Paste

Manny
    If you don't care why do you respond to anything here?
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Jun '13 04:01
    The bible explains what they are so you should know them I would guess.
    Yes, of course the Bible explains what they are. The problem is understanding.

You think God "requires" something of you, don't you?

That's your problem. What is it exactly that you think you can do to please God? Be honest with yourself. Have you arrive at perfection old boy?

Because that's what you are going to need to be to please God and be admitted into His Kingdom.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jun '13 13:173 edits
    What? You are so far out there RJ. Jehovah is a sprit being and has never been a man. "No man may see God and live" What could you possibly not understand about that? Is it a lie? No it 'sn't as it's clear as a bell.
    I believe that Christ's redemption has made it possible for man to see God Almighty and live Galveston.

Jacob, as an old patriarch told Joseph that EL SHADDAI had appeared to him. And he lived, did he not?

Genesis 48:3

New International Version (©2011)
    Jacob said to Joseph, "God Almighty appeared to me at Luz in the land of Canaan, and there he blessed me

New Living Translation (©2007)
    Jacob said to Joseph, "God Almighty appeared to me at Luz in the land of Canaan and blessed me.

English Standard Version (©2001)
    And Jacob said to Joseph, “God Almighty appeared to me at Luz in the land of Canaan and blessed me,

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    Then Jacob said to Joseph, "God Almighty appeared to me at Luz in the land of Canaan and blessed me,

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
    And Jacob said unto Joseph, God Almighty appeared unto me at Luz in the land of Canaan, and blessed me,

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
    Jacob said to Joseph, "God Almighty appeared to me at Luz in the land of Canaan and blessed me.

International Standard Version (©2012)
    Jacob reminded Joseph, "God Almighty revealed himself to me at Luz in Canaan and blessed me.

NET Bible (©2006)
    Jacob said to Joseph, "The sovereign God appeared to me at Luz in the land of Canaan and blessed me.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
    Jacob said to Joseph, "God Almighty appeared to me at Luz in Canaan and blessed me.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
    And Jacob said unto Joseph, God Almighty appeared unto me at Luz in the land of Canaan, and blessed me,

American King James Version
    And Jacob said to Joseph, God Almighty appeared to me at Luz in the land of Canaan, and blessed me,

American Standard Version

Douay-Rheims Bible
    And when Joseph was come in to him, he said : God Almighty appeared to me at Lute, which is in the land of Chanaan: and he blessed me,

Darby Bible Translation
    And Jacob said to Joseph, The Almighty ùGod appeared to me at Luz in the land of Canaan, and blessed me,

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation
    And Jacob said to Joseph, God Almighty appeared to me at Luz, in the land of Canaan, and blessed me,

World English Bible
    Jacob said to Joseph, "God Almighty appeared to me at Luz in the land of Canaan, and blessed me,

Young's Literal Translation
    And Jacob saith unto Joseph, 'God Almighty hath appeared unto me, in Luz, in the land of Canaan, and blesseth me,
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jun '13 13:42
    If you don't care why do you respond to anything here?
    indeed, an excellent question!
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Jun '13 16:33

That's your problem. What is it exactly that you think you can do to please God? Be honest with yourself. Have you arrive at perfection old boy?

Because that's what you are going to need to be to please God and be admitted into His Kingdom.
    We need perfection? Who on this planet is perfect? Are you implying you are?
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Jun '13 17:47
    We need perfection? Who on this planet is perfect? Are you implying you are?
    How dense can you be?

Have I ever in all the years you've known me in this forum ever implied I was perfect?

Yes. If one is going to exist in the presence of a Holy and Righteous God one is going to have to be perfect, i.e. sinless.

If you don't know that then you're an idiot. Just sayin'.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Jun '13 18:08
    How dense can you be?

Have I ever in all the years you've known me in this forum ever implied I was perfect?

Yes. If one is going to exist in the presence of a Holy and Righteous God one is going to have to be perfect, i.e. sinless.

If you don't know that then you're an idiot. Just sayin'.
    I never said you were perfect and you don't have to answer like jerk about it.
    I was simply asking a question if you were saying one had to be perfect now as a human and if you really thought that and thought you were, I wanted to know.
    I don't know why you guys have to get smart with your comments and be rude on just about everything you say....

So know I KNOW one cannot be perfect now but all we can do is follow God's directions and apply his principles to what we do daily to try and gain his approval. He is the judge of our life's, right?

But by displaying a rude and condescending attitude in most of your comments is not a good start, Ya Think?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Jun '13 19:142 edits

Is it really your informed opinion that only perfection pleases God? Can you provide a quote from the Bible for that?

Thats the delusional message preached in the churches. It goes this way .. you cannot be perfect, we are saved by grace and all we have to do is to accept Christ with out mouth and we will get eternal life. No need to try to please God and do the good works and righteousness.

This is the gospel that the lazy, greedy, worldly, selfish, bastard Christians like and RHP is full of them. Followers of Christ follow Christ and walk as he walked. Neither Christ nor God expects fallen man to be perfect. They do expect him to give it his best shot.

Here is one of many many many passages on how to please God:

Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more. For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus. For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication: That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour; Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God: That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified. For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness. He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit. But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another. And indeed ye do it toward all the brethren which are in all Macedonia: but we beseech you, brethren, that ye increase more and more; And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you; That ye may walk honestly toward them that are without, and that ye may have lack of nothing. (1Th 4:1-12)

Here it says you can please God by;
    - obeying Christ commandments
    - abstain from fornication and lust
    - not committing fraud
    - be holy and clean
    - love one another
    - mind your own business
    - pursue honesty
    - be charitable
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 06:463 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Is it really your informed opinion that only perfection pleases God? Can you provide a quote from the Bible for that?

Thats the delusional message preached in the churches. It goes this way .. you cannot be perfect, we are saved by grace and all we have to do is to accept Christ with out mouth and we will get eternal life. No need to try to please God and ...[text shortened]... holy and clean
    - love one another
    - mind your own business
    - pursue honesty
    - be charitable
    Yahshua (Jesus) said the following:

Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

(Matthew 5:48 NASB)

And the Apostle Paul said this:

Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus.

(Philippians 3:12 NASB)

But the Apostle Paul also said this:

For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

(Ephesians 2:8-9 NASB)

In the letter to the Hebrew they are told that without faith it is impossible to please God.

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. For by it the men of old gained approval.

By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things which are visible. By faith Abel offered to God a better sacrifice than Cain, through which he obtained the testimony that he was righteous, God testifying about his gifts, and through faith, though he is dead, he still speaks. By faith Enoch was taken up so that he would not see death; and he was not found because God took him up; for he obtained the witness that before his being taken up he was pleasing to God. And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

(Hebrews 11:1-6 NASB)

The Instructor
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 08:131 edit
    REQUIREMENTS FOR CITIZENSHIP

Learn the language. Some human governments require that those applying for citizenship speak the dominant language of the country. Even after being granted citizenship, people may strive for years to master the new language. They may quickly learn the rules of grammar but may take some time to learn to pronounce the wor ...[text shortened]... h of us needs to close the gap between what we know about Bible principles and what we practice.
    http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2012602

Whilst we all know that all your thoughts come down from the WTS, I really do think you should start showing some forum etiquette and quoting the actual page. Of course you can also carry on calling me a liar for claiming you cannot speak without WT guidance and governance, but that's your prerogative.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree