1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Mar '15 07:32
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    So you have two things: salvation and spirituality. Salvation happens if God is accepted at one time in one's life. Spirituality is contingent. This raises the question of what the consequences of loss of spirituality are. Since salvation is guaranteed, the consequences of a loss of spirituality are confined to this world?
    Yes, eternal salvation becomes a reality at the moment of faith in Christ; the filling of the Holy Spirit is essential for spiritual growth which results from being exposed to accurate teaching of the absolute truths revealed in the Word of God. Some believers grow in grace to maturity while others remain infants their entire lives on earth. Volition is the crux issue at and after salvation. Those believers who matured and glorified God during their lives in time will receive rewards in heaven.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '15 07:53
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Those believers who matured and glorified God during their lives in time will receive rewards in heaven.
    Do you believe you will receive more rewards in heaven than some of the other regular Christians in this community?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '15 07:561 edit
    Some believers grow in grace to maturity while others remain infants their entire lives on earth.
    Just to be clear, you believe that whether believers "grow in grace to maturity" or they "remain infants their entire lives on earth", it has no effect whatsoever on whether they are rewarded with "eternal salvation" or not, right?
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Mar '15 22:09
    Assurances of eternal salvation as a result of faith alone in Christ alone for whomever it may concern today or ever:

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life." (John 5:24)

"My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand." (John 10:29)

"For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38-39)

"The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God." (Romans 8:16)

"He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life." (1 John 5:12-13)
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '15 23:00
    Assurances of eternal salvation as a result of faith alone in Christ alone for whomever it may concern today or ever:...
    If, as you believe, eternal salvation is assured as a result of faith alone in Christ alone, what is the significance or need for "growing in grace to maturity" (if salvation is assured regardless), what is the issue with believers "remaining infants their entire lives on earth" (if their salvation is assured anyway), and what does it actually matter if believers "matured and glorified God during their lives" (if eternal salvation was assured as a result of faith in Christ alone) ?
  6. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    02 Mar '15 23:51
    I see that the Phantom Downvoter's reappeared.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 04:39
    I see that the Phantom Downvoter's reappeared.
    On schedule making its mechanical knee jerk manifestations as usual, DT.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 13:101 edit
    "g) This is the basis of the unbeliever's separation from God for eternity, alone with the 'worm' [memories] that never dies.

h) There is no immediate change in personality or behavior after salvation. The renewing or renovation of an infant believer's mind requires being accurately taught the truths revealed in the Word of God on a systematic basis.

i) Spiritual as with physical maturity is a process which takes time. The change is invisible but real: body and soul at physical birth [dichotomous] and trichotomous [body, soul and human spirit imputed by the Holy Spirit] at spiritual birth.

j) No one can ever love anyone without first learning enough about them to know who and what they are. With God it begins with appreciation and then respect; then reverential awe; and eventually personal love and occupation with Christ." (Page 1)

“We love Him because He first loved us.” 1 John 4:19
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 13:15
    [b]The Meaning of the Word "Repent"

The Meaning of the Word "Repent" in the Koine Greek of the Word of God is grossly misunderstood by many well intentioned believers in Christ. For example: "I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.” (Acts 20:21) simply means they h ...[text shortened]... 6-17) I'd invite my agnostic and atheist friends to reconsider their rejection of Christ.[/b]
    So repenting isn't just penting twice?🙂
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 02:29
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So repenting isn't just penting twice?🙂
    Unfamiliar with the word: "penting"; probably an abstruse urban slang.
  11. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 03:47
    Unfamiliar with the word: "penting"; probably an abstruse urban slang.
    We can say things like "With pent breath", so that would presumably mean that penting is what your breath does. Two pents don't make a pant?
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 03:57
    We can say things like "With pent breath", so that would presumably mean that penting is what your breath does. Two pents don't make a pant?
    I'm familiar with "pent up" and "penthouse". Could "With pent breath" and "penting" be of British Origin?
  13. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 04:42
    I'm familiar with "pent up" and "penthouse". Could "With pent breath" and "penting" be of British Origin?
    Almost the entire language is of British origin I'd have thought. According to the Oxford Online dictionary it's of 16th Century origin as an adjective, and was originally the now obsolete past participle of pen as a verb, as in to pen animals, pen is from Old English of unknown origin. So "with pent breath" means holding ones breath.

Penthouse is unrelated, apparently, the modern meaning is a top floor flat, but the archaic meaning was an outhouse or shelter built onto the side of a building, from Middle English Pentis, a shortening of Old French apentis, from Late Latin appendicium from latin appendere - to hang on - Oxford Online says: "The change of form in the 16th century was by association with French pente 'slope' and house.". So it's basically the same root as appendix and appendage. Which means that penthouse is an unrelated term.

Penting is not a word, sonhouse made it up as a back-formation from repenting. Pent is an adjective now and not a verb. The closest verb would be penned, as in "He felt penned in.".
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 09:35
    Almost the entire language is of British origin I'd have thought. According to the Oxford Online dictionary it's of 16th Century origin as an adjective, and was originally the now obsolete past participle of pen as a verb, as in to pen animals, pen is from Old English of unknown origin. So "with pent breath" means holding ones breath.

Penthouse is u ...[text shortened]... an adjective now and not a verb. The closest verb would be penned, as in "He felt penned in.".
    "He felt penned in.":

In a real sense the result of bad decisions which if unchanged [repented of] limit and/or eliminate future options.

Thanks.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 17:21
    "He felt penned in.":

In a real sense the result of bad decisions which if unchanged [repented of] limit and/or eliminate future options.

Thanks.
    You know that was just me being silly don't you?🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree