1. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 17:36
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "He felt penned in.":

In a real sense the result of bad decisions which if unchanged [repented of] limit and/or eliminate future options.

Thanks.
    Not really, the feeling of being penned in may be due to external agency rather than poor decision making. It is possible to be nervous about something, such as exam results, I'm imagining someone holding their breath while opening the envelope with the results in, due to emotional commitment rather than any particular failing. Also, the etymology of repent is quite different.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 20:39
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You know that was just me being silly don't you?🙂
    Of course. Nice to see you in a lighthearted mood.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 20:46
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Not really, the feeling of being penned in may be due to external agency rather than poor decision making. It is possible to be nervous about something, such as exam results, I'm imagining someone holding their breath while opening the envelope with the results in, due to emotional commitment rather than any particular failing. Also, the etymology of repent is quite different.
    Would being "nervous about something, such as exam results" possibly be indicative of lack of preparation? If so, a change of mind with respect to subsequent "exams" may result. The meaning of "elpis" in the New Testament remains unchanged.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree