1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jan '11 08:47
    Originally posted by whodey
    The Bible has an interesting quote about arguing with foolish people. It says something to the effect that the more you argue with them the more you become like them.

Of course, as you say its a silly old book full of lies, so who cares, eh?
    I have always maintained that the Bible has wisdom and error.

The error part is misdirecting all who follow it.

One example of error is....that it allows animal slaughter.

Another error is....it says persons only have one life to choose Jesus or damnation.

Another error is.....that the man Jesus is God.

There are many more.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Jan '11 19:33
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    I have always maintained that the Bible has wisdom and error.

The error part is misdirecting all who follow it.

One example of error is....that it allows animal slaughter.

Another error is....it says persons only have one life to choose Jesus or damnation.

Another error is.....that the man Jesus is God.

There are many more.
    I'm just grateful that I have the error free vishvahetu to clear all that up. 😛
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jan '11 08:24
    So you are saying that you believe in reincarnation UNLESS you are attached to God more than the world?

I suppose this means you don't plan to come back. Am I correct in these assumptions?
    I have taken birth many many times like everyone else, and I also know I am not yet ready to return home to Godhead.

But living the spiritual life will afford me a pious birth next life, and I may continue to progress on the path, until I reach unalloyed love of God.
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jan '11 08:32
    Why do we age? Science does not seem to have a good grasp so maybe you do.

I presume from your posts that we must enter some sort of enlightenment or "sinless" state before we break the cycle of "birth". Judging the rate of population explosion I would presume that things are not working out so well.
    We age because we do not live in the eternal spiritual world.

Every time we take a new birth we have the opportunity to question God and life, and to live in spiritual or material consciousness.

This is the age of Kali Yuga, and the population expansion means nothing having the universal perspective, because their are unlimited planets and unlimited universes for souls to come from or go to.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree