1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 15:11
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"Many who are young will not agree to these words, but these words you will definitely remember in your aging years, and especially on your death bed. (i guarantee it)"

What's this supposed to mean vishva? Are you on your deathbed?

There's something you had better learn quickly. Jesus Christ rose from the dead. There's no refuting that fact.
    ...[text shortened]... ity of the Word of God.(not mine) The rejection of this truth is the rejection of life.[/b]
    I ca accept life fully. But I dont think JC is the only way and is mainly there for those until they can see their own transcendental selves.
    I tihkn JC's message was no one comes to the father except by my example, which is really not imitating christ, but living your life based on the principles laid out by christ. But not copying or bowing down to Him. In my interpretation of christianity, I think thats what he would've wanted, to be ourselves and to work out our own "salvation" through our own efforts and not be mothered by christ or anyone else.
    Lets get tough. We are spiritual warriors.
  2. Wat?
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 15:47
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    The greatest gift you can give a person is self knowledge.....why?

You are so full of repetitive crap!

Your first sentence, in itself, is fundamentally flawed.

Giving a person 'self knowledge'?

You need to see a shrink!

Self-knowledge is self gained, and cannot be instilled. That is the definition of self-knowledge. Knowing oneself.

You can't make a person know themself, as only they can do that.

You are pityless and full of conjecture.

YOU write a flawed, empty first sentence believing all will follow what follows.

Do you think 'I' am that stupid?

Atheists are not stupid, nor blind, to your crap.

What say ye, oh lord and mister?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 16:251 edit
    The billionaire suffers and the pauper in the street suffers....no one is immune from suffering in this world of birth, disease, old age and death.

Actually wealthy persons probably suffer more in old age, because they have more to loose and they are attached to their stuff (junk)

Knowing that you suffer is the beginning of knowledge.

And one who ...[text shortened]... ntinuous cycle of birth and death in this temporary material world, that goes on and on forever.
    It's amazing how you can know the mind of anyone other than yourself. You figure Gates with 50 billion and more wouldn't have access to the best medical procedures
    money can buy? With medical knowledge expanding at an exponential rate your pathetic idea of massive suffering will recede from the human race unless by our own hand we cause an eco-disaster or nuclear war. I give the human race a 50/50 chance of surviving the next thousand years but if they do with our present expansion of knowledge, all your prognostications will be dust in the wind.

And BTW, as Mikelom says, just how do you go about GIVING people self knowledge? That is an oxymoron.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 22:24
    we are all guilty of feeding the troll

😞
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '11 00:09
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Yes. yes, but, he's misusing the word ""dishonest". Just saying, that's all.
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jan '11 00:49
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It's amazing how you can know the mind of anyone other than yourself. You figure Gates with 50 billion and more wouldn't have access to the best medical procedures
    money can buy? With medical knowledge expanding at an exponential rate your pathetic idea of massive suffering will recede from the human race unless by our own hand we cause an eco-disaster or ...[text shortened]... , as Mikelom says, just how do you go about GIVING people self knowledge? That is an oxymoron.
    You silly people......money doesn't remove mental and emotional suffering.

Look at Howard Huge..... wealthiest man in America at the time, and ended up a crazy loony.

Every one suffers.....no one is immune, and suffering is within the nature of this illusionary life of birth disease old age and death.

Wake up.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '11 00:51
    You silly people......money doesn't remove mental and emotional suffering.

Look at Howard Huge..... wealthiest man in America at the time, and ended up a crazy loony.

Every one suffers.....no one is immune, and suffering is within the nature of this illusionary life of birth disease old age and death.

Wake up.
    You are misusing the words "wake up".
  8. e4
    Moves
    18 Jan '11 01:04
    "...suffering is within the nature of this
    illusionary life of birth disease old age and death. "

Good.

Now can you please leave us alone and let us suffer in peace.
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jan '11 01:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    You are misusing the words "wake up".
    And you are misusing your life....playing your word games like a child......

Which reminds me:

There was a man of who was highly educated and he wanted to cross the river, so he hailed the boatman and began to cross.

After some time the passenger said do you know what that cloud in the sky is called?

No...said the boatman, I am just a simple man and just know how to row my boat.

The passenger then said that cloud is called Cumulonimbus and.......my you dont know very much and you have wasted 25% of your life.

A bit further on the passenger said while observing the cliff face.......do you know what sought of rock strata those rocks are? ....to the boatman.

The boatman said no I dont, I am a simple boatman, and only know how to get you to your destination.

With this the passenger exclaimed...oh my you dont know anything and have wasted 50% of your life.

After some time the sky became dark and a storm enveloped them, and the waves crashed onto the boat and it began to sink.

The boatman swam to shore and looking back saw his passenger struggling in the water.

He shouted swim for the shore.

But the educated passenger shouted back " I cant swim"..And the simple boatman responded ..." Then you have wasted 100% of your life"

This is you and most of the persons in this world.
  10. e4
    Moves
    18 Jan '11 01:43
    A good lawyer would sue the boatman for not supplying life jackets
    to his none swimming passengers.

Also what was he thinking about putting to sea in a boat that was
    clearly not sea worthy.

And him being a boatman, a man of the sea, he would surely know
    what a cumulus cloud formation was and what it looked like.
    (storms, as the one you descibed rarely follow a cumulus formation.)

I think you made that story up.
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jan '11 01:59
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    A good lawyer would sue the boatman for not supplying life jackets
    to his none swimming passengers.

Also what was he thinking about putting to sea in a boat that was
    clearly not sea worthy.

And him being a boatman, a man of the sea, he would surely know
    what a cumulus cloud formation was and what it looked like.
    (storms, as the one you descibed rarely follow a cumulus formation.)

I think you made that story up.
    Because you are dishonest you have cherry picked the story....its just a story to express a point.

Did you get the point ....probably not because your foolish.
  12. e4
    Moves
    18 Jan '11 02:16
    I'm dishonest.

You came on here, the Spirituality Forum of all places and told a fib.

😉
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '11 02:47
    And you are misusing your life....playing your word games like a child......
    You are misusing the word "misusing", vishvahetu.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Jan '11 03:14
    ..probably not because your foolish.[/b]
    The Bible has an interesting quote about arguing with foolish people. It says something to the effect that the more you argue with them the more you become like them.

Of course, as you say its a silly old book full of lies, so who cares, eh?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Jan '11 03:141 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester

😞
    Not me I'm done. I'm O-W-T, out!! 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree