1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jan '15 12:051 edit
    I have not seen or heard to much about the Millennial Reign, anyone have
    thoughts about that they would like to share? I've more than likely only
    heard maybe 2 or 3 sermons on the topic in over 30 years.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jan '15 19:42
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    What is your take on it?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Jan '15 21:56
    I think sonship has written a few posts on this, maybe he'll chime in. I haven't done much study on it myself.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Jan '15 15:32
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I think sonship has written a few posts on this, maybe he'll chime in. I haven't done much study on it myself.
    I'd thought someone would speak up about this...I guess this is why no one
    talks about this much.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '15 16:20
    talks about this much.
    Isn't that where Obama is bound for a 1000 years? 😛
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jan '15 18:33
    I suppose one could speculate about what it will be like based on what information the Bible provides.

There will be peace for a thousand years. Nobody can really comment about what that will look like since nothing in our experience can compare.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jan '15 18:38
    talks about this much.
    What's your take on it?
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Jan '15 21:52
    Originally posted by josephw
    I suppose one could speculate about what it will be like based on what information the Bible provides.

There will be peace for a thousand years. Nobody can really comment about what that will look like since nothing in our experience can compare.
    I suppose that is why no one ever talks about it.

My guess is that it's God's way of having prophesy come true. All the promises God gave his people can only come true once Satan is bound.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 04:441 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    I suppose that is why no one ever talks about it.

My guess is that it's God's way of having prophesy come true. All the promises God gave his people can only come true once Satan is bound.
    Personally I think we will see a world how be it brief in what it would look
    like without Satan. Then we will get what it looks like when he is set free
    among people who lived in that time, then a battle, then judgment.
  10. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 18:31
    Probably because most everyone has been deceived into thinking they will be going to heaven/hell.
    The Millennial Reign is the last thousand years in the seventh creative day.
    Jehovah has allowed Satan and rebellious mankind have their way for the last approximately 6 thousand years to show how we can't succeed without Him. The last thousand years is for His Son Christ Jesus to make the Earth a Paradise and to bring the dead back in good health so all who haven't had the chance can learn about our Heavenly Father Jehovah God and all He has done for us. After the final exam at the end of the thousand years, those who make the right choice (not the one Adam made) will live forever on this beautiful Earth.
    Jehovah God created the angels to live in Heaven and man to live on Earth!
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 21:002 edits
    Originally posted by roigam
    The last thousand years is for His Son Christ Jesus to make the Earth a Paradise and to bring the dead back in good health so all who haven't had the chance can learn about our Heavenly Father Jehovah God and all He has done for us. After the final exam at the end of the thousand years, those who make the right choice (not the one Adam made) will live forever on this beautiful Earth.
    Jehovah God created the angels to live in Heaven and man to live on Earth!

And you think this is a deep understanding of the Bible?
    This is superficial. This falls far short of the depths of the divine revelation of the Bible.

What you have here, as I think Jehovah's Witness teaching, is a climax where a lot of happy people live on a pleasant earth forever.

It is entirely MAN centered.

This meets the needs of some unhappy people. Now they will be living forever and be happy on a very nice earth. They're not going to heaven now. They are living on a pleasant earth.

This is very superficial. It is not that much deeper than going to heaven to be happy. You have just substituted going to heaven to be happy forever with living on the earth to be happy forever.

You have this superficial viewpoint largly because you do not see what God has in Jesus Christ - the utter union of God and man. It is the mingling of God and man that is God's eternal purpose.

But you don't believe God and man are mingled in Jesus Christ because in fighting against the truth of the Bible you have substituted your own Arian preference that an angel Michael is Christ the Savior.

The focus of the denial of incarnation and the Triune God is to do away with God and man being incorporated as one.

WHERE the saved go is secondary. That they become partakers of the divine nature and become many brothers of Christ the Firstborn Son of God, is what is on God's heart to the uttermost.
  12. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    30 Jan '15 02:201 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    [quote] The last thousand years is for His Son Christ Jesus to make the Earth a Paradise and to bring the dead back in good health so all who haven't had the chance can learn about our Heavenly Father Jehovah God and all He has done for us. After the final exam at the end of the thousand years, those who make the right choice (not the one Adam made) will li ...[text shortened]... me many brothers of Christ the Firstborn Son of God, is what is on God's heart to the uttermost.
    You should read your Bible a lot more.
    (Psalm 37:10, 11) Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there. 11 But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.
    (Psalm 37:29) The righteous will possess the earth, And they will live forever on it.
    Just a side thought. the Trinity is a God dishonoring teaching. Satan is trying to lessen Jehovah's rightful glory by dividing it between 3 perons.
    (Isaiah 42:8) I am Jehovah. That is my name; I give my glory to no one else, Nor my praise to graven images.
    (Isaiah 43:11) I—I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior.”
    John 3:16 says it clearly: (John 3:16) “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.

This was Jehovah's purpose for the earth and mankind from the beginning.
    (Genesis 1:28) Further, God blessed them, and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving on the earth.”
    When Satan rebelled and slandered God. it fell to God's 1st born son to defend His name. That was Jesus (Michael the Archangel in his prehuman existence).
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '15 15:29
    Popcorn out...
  14. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    30 Jan '15 19:16
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Popcorn out...
    Pay attention, the plot gets more complicated.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jan '15 21:082 edits
    Originally posted by roigam
    You should read your Bible a lot more.

I should indeed.
    But lets see what you would propose I read again.

(Psalm 37:10, 11) Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there. 11 But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

Thankyou for this great passage. But it has NOTHING to it which contradicts what I said, nothing whatsoever.

How does Psalm 37:10 make untrue that the saved were predestinated unto "sonship" through Jesus Christ (Eph.1:5)[/b]?

You just underestimate what sonship really entails in God's salvation.

(Psalm 37:29) The righteous will possess the earth, And they will live forever on it.

This also has NOTHING to do with what I wrote to you above about God mingling with man in incarnation and in His salvation, nothing whatsoever.

How does Psalm 37:29 disprove what I wrote to you, especially about the saved being "partakers of the divine nature (2 Pet. 1:4)?

You just underestaimate what it means to be "partakers of the divine nature". You'll never get that from the Jehovah's Witnesses. All they are really interested in is how God will provide a pleasant earth for happy people to live forever.

You are still ignorant.

Just a side thought. the Trinity is a God dishonoring teaching.

No is is not. Dishonoring is the JW denial of the Word Who was God becoming flesh according to John 1:1,14. That is dishonoring to Jehovah. And it is in rebellion against Jehovah.

If you wanted to honor Jehovah you would believe that the Word which was God and with God became flesh so that you could have life in His name.

If you wanted to honor the Father then you would honor the Son to the same degree -

" In order that all may honor the Son even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him." (John 5:23)

Since the JWs do not honor the Son as they honor the Father they emphatically do not honor the Father. They don't believe that God and man were united in the incarnation of Christ.

Because they are in rebellion they concocted a myth that the angel Michael became Jesus Christ. That is dishonoring to Jehovah and is in rebellion against Jehovah.

You better get out of that group which is founded on a doctrine intended to dishonor Jehovah. And instead receive Christ as God become Lord and Savior, honoring the Son even as the Father should be honored.

Satan is trying to lessen Jehovah's rightful glory by dividing it between 3 perons.

God is revealing His truth to the world that the Word that was with God and was God became flesh. We Christians believe His word.
    The JWs rebel against it.

They call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses and love to make the Old Testament more important than the New Testament. But the New Testament has Jesus telling His believers -

" ... and you shall be MY WITNESSES" (Acts 1:8) ... both in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria and unto the uttermost part of the earth."

So if you really want to be a witness of Jehovah, you should believe into Jesus Christ for salvation and heed His command - " ... and you shall be MY WITNESSES - ".

Witness that Christ is your Lord and Savior, and become a true witness to Jehovah. As it stands by taking in the false teaching of Arius and Russell and Judge Rutherford and the Watchtower teachers, you are a rebel against Jehovah.

(Isaiah 42:8) I am Jehovah. That is my name; I give my glory to no one else, Nor my praise to graven images.

So the Triune God is dispensing His life and nature from the Father, through the Son, by the Holy Spirit. So Jehovah become a man says -

"And the glory which you have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, even as We are one ..." (John 17:22)

We Christians are in the process of God dispensing His glory which He gave to God the Son (Hebrews 1:8) into His redeemed saints by the Holy Spirit.

So in Jehovah the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit bring the redeemed into a process in which God's life and expression is being dispensed into His redeemed people.

But you never learned this down at the kingdom hall. You just learned about the blessed earth where some people will live forever happily.

But the new covenant includes those beholding and refecting as a mirror the glory of God are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another.

"And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom.

But we all with unveiled face, beholding and reflecting the glory of the Lord are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, even as from the Lord Spirit." (2 Cor. 33:17,18)

So the Triune God is dispensing His glory through salvation and transformation, from glory to glory, by degress, until we are in the same image.

The Lord there is Christ Jesus - "For we do not preach ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord ..." (2 Cor. 4:5a)

You need to read your Bible more with a prayerful heart and repenting of the rebellion the Watchtower teachings have brought you into.

(Isaiah 43:11) I—I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior.”

So Jesus Christ the Savior is Jehovah.
    For besides Jehovah there is no Savior.

Stop believing that Michael the angel is the Lord Jesus.
    You're being cheated.

John 3:16 says it clearly: (John 3:16) “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.

God gives Himself to man in giving man Jesus Christ.
    God gives eternal life to man by giving Himself as divine life in Jesus Christ.

This was Jehovah's purpose for the earth and mankind from the beginning.
    (Genesis 1:28) Further, God blessed them, and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving on the earth.”

Nothing I said negates that. What I said showed the deeper truth that man was placed before the tree of life in Genesis two in order to receive God Himself into him that God and man would be united, mingled.

Genesis 1:28 is certainly true. Genesis 2:9 reveal more. That is man placed between two sources of indwelling "food". One unites man to Satan - "the tree of the knowledge of good and evil". The other unites him with God - "the tree of life" .

No it is not simply "the tree of living forever". It was the tree of life conveying that man can take into himself the life of God to be united with God.

Jesus is now this tree of life for eternity -

"In Him was life ..."

"I am the bread of life"

" I am the resurrection and the life ..."

" .. that you may have life in His name"

"This is the true God and eternal life"

"Blessed are those who wash their robes that they may have right to the tree of life."

"Christ who is our life ..."

"For me to live is Christ ..."

"It is no longer I that live but Christ that lives within me ..."

" When Christ our life is manifest ..."

When Satan rebelled and slandered God. it fell to God's 1st born son to defend His name. That was Jesus (Michael the Archangel in his prehuman existence).

These teachings are Lies. Lies from Arius. Lies from Charles Taz Russell. Lies from the Watchtower. Lies from the so-called Faithful and Prudent Servant of the Watchtower inner circle. Lies from the Devil himself.

"The Word was with God and the Word was God ... And the Word became flesh."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree