1. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 20:42
    a true church of the christ.

( islam is a religion created by a pedophile and murderer ).
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 20:47
    Originally posted by reinfeld
    a true church of the christ.

( islam is a religion created by a pedophile and murderer ).
    I thought when there were differances in belief between the Book of Mormon and the Bible happened the Mormons would usually lean toward the Book of Mormon. Is that correct?
  3. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 01:21
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I thought when there were differances in belief between the Book of Mormon and the Bible happened the Mormons would usually lean toward the Book of Mormon. Is that correct?
    Differences?? Mormons use both books and when one reads the Book of Mormon ( as I have done) it is rather amazing how it mirrors much of the Bible. It even is written in old English, like the original Kings James version. Which proves that old English has been spoken for thousands of years and is not native to Britain at all. Actually whenever facts change biblically the Book of Mormon is changed. Something to do with the Umma and Thumin I think.
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 02:40
    If I had no choice I think I rather be an Muslim than a Moron I mean Mormon sorry my bad.

Manny
  5. England
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 11:19
    Originally posted by caissad4
    It even is written in old English, like the original Kings James version. Which proves that old English has been spoken for thousands of years and is not native to Britain at all.
    yea thy language of thy god
  6. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 12:23
    Originally posted by caissad4
    It even is written in old English, like the original Kings James version. Which proves that old English has been spoken for thousands of years and is not native to Britain at all.
    According to the undisputed inerrant fount of all knowledge, Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Mormon):

The Book of Mormon is a sacred text of the Latter Day Saint movement. It was first published in March 1830 by Joseph Smith, Jr. as The Book of Mormon: An Account Written by the Hand of Mormon upon Plates Taken from the Plates of Nephi.[1] According to Smith's account, and also according to the book's narrative, the Book of Mormon was originally written in otherwise unknown characters referred to as "reformed Egyptian" engraved on golden plates. Smith said that he received these plates in 1827 from an angel named Moroni,[2] whom Smith identified as a resurrected[3] indigenous American who had written and abridged parts of the book over a millennium ago. According to Smith, Moroni had buried the plates in a stone box, along with other ancient artifacts,[4] in a hill near Smith's home in Manchester, New York.

So, if this article is to be believed, it was originally written in some form of egyptian language and was not translated into Old English until 1830. What do you count as 'Old English' anyway? I doubt that the language Joseph Smith used would have been the same as Shakespear for instance.

(note that I have not read or even seen the book of mormon and have only spent 10 minutes Googling it so please don't think I even consider myself as authoritative, let alone that I might think that you should)

--- Penguin.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 14:192 edits
    Originally posted by Penguin
    According to the undisputed inerrant fount of all knowledge, Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Mormon):

The Book of Mormon is a sacred text of the Latter Day Saint movement. It was [b]first published in March 1830
    by Joseph Smith, Jr. as The Book of Mormon: An Account Written by the Hand of Mormon upon Plates Taken from the Plates of r myself as authoritative, let alone that I might think that you should)

--- Penguin.[/b]
    Here are a few links relative to the origins of that most holy book of Mormon:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon_Spalding

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spalding%E2%80%93Rigdon_theory_of_Book_of_Mormon_authorship

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormonism_Unvailed

http://solomonspalding.com/index3.htm

http://www.angelfire.com/az2/arizonadry/truth/spalding.html

http://www.archive.org/details/themanuscriptsto00spauuoft
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 14:391 edit
    Originally posted by Penguin

The Book of Mormon is a sacred text of the Latter Day Saint movement. It was first published in March 1830 by Joseph Smith, Jr. as The Book of Mormon: An Account Written by the Hand of Mormon upon Plates Taken from the Plates of r myself as authoritative, let alone that I might think that you should)

--- Penguin.
    The Mormons have exact the same right to call whatever book they want as holy or sacred as christians, jews, moslems, buddhists, hindus, and whoever have.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 15:55
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    The Mormons have exact the same right to call whatever book they want as holy or sacred as christians, jews, moslems, buddhists, hindus, and whoever have.
    except there are subtle differences.

comparing mormonism with christianity is like comparing star wars fan fiction with frank herbert's dune
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 16:221 edit
    they have the right, does not mean that its inspired, though. Indeed whereas the bible itself accurately portrays events, with dates, rulers, places, the book of mormon contains fictional portions unsupported or corroborated by history and archaeology. As Zhalansi states, its apples and oranges.
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 16:44
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    they have the right, does not mean that its inspired, though. Indeed whereas the bible itself accurately portrays events, with dates, rulers, places, the book of mormon contains fictional portions unsupported or corroborated by history and archaeology. As Zhalansi states, its apples and oranges.
    I almost fell off my chair laughing at that one.
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 19:48
    Aack. More unsupported crap bubbling forth from the putrid open sewer. Give it a rest, will ya? Until such time as you're able (not just willing) to put forward an actual refutation of any biblical account, stuff it.
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 20:13
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Aack. More unsupported crap bubbling forth from the putrid open sewer. Give it a rest, will ya? Until such time as you're able (not just willing) to put forward an actual refutation of any biblical account, stuff it.
    It's been done so many times, so do I really have to?
    (*yawn*) What about genisis?

But let's not get off topic here. As long as there are fredom of religion, meaning you can have any religion you want, you have respect others for their choice of religion, as you want to be respected for yours.

Btw, I didn't show any negative opinion about the bible in my posting, did I? So exactly what did you react on?
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 20:16
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    They have the right to believe what they want, exatly like you. I don't compare apples with oranges, I compare peoples right to have the right to chose their own religion, exactly as you have. I treat others as I wanted to be treated myself. So said Jesus, so says I.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '10 20:45
    They have the right to believe what they want, exatly like you. I don't compare apples with oranges, I compare peoples right to have the right to chose their own religion, exactly as you have. I treat others as I wanted to be treated myself. So said Jesus, so says I.
    ok 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree