1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Feb '21 20:04
    @divegeester

Go contribute something to the Nous thread for FMF.
    You've had plenty of time to throw in your two cents on that.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '21 04:05
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    Why don't you?

The question is:

"What is some practical Christian advice for people whose nous tells them that, while their religion may provide an admirable and beneficial code for living, Christians' beliefs regarding supernatural things are just not credible?"

Is there not something by Witness Lee you can copy paste that addresses this practical and common sense spirituality question?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Feb '21 07:02
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

You've had plenty of time to throw in your two cents on that.
    I’m not interested in that thread.

I am interested in your brittle prideful persona and your need to flood threads with pre-prepared posts lifting ideas your read elsewhere and presenting them as your own.

I’m also interested in your horrible version of Christianity with it a loving Jesus who died for those he loved SO much, but whom he will also be personally burning alive for eternity if they don’t love him back. I’m interested in how you can believe this and yet spend your time blogging on the internet instead of evangelising in the streets.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Feb '21 12:503 edits
    Relationship with God / Christ - not in the bible

From Genesis 2:8-9 God put the first created man before the tree of life. This signifies God wants to have a most intimate and inward relationship with man. He wants man to take Himself in as "food" in order to live by God. This shows God's original intent was to have a most close relationship with man.

When Adam and Eve sinned God came [as the pre-incarnated Christ] walking in the garden seeking Adam. Adam was off hiding for fear of having disobeyed God. God sought fellowship and a relationship with man still.

"And they heard the sound of Jehovah God walking about in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of Jehovah God among the trees of the garden. And Jehovah God called to the man and said to him, Where are you?" (3:8,9)

God came in somewhat human form to restore the pleasant fellowship He had with man as before. He did not come after Adam with a whip for punishment. He came asking "Where are you?"

Of course Jehovah God knew where they were. I think God wanted Adam and his wife to consider where they now were - off hiding from God in dread. He asked Where are you?" that they would realize what pleasant communion they just lost.

This post shows the Triune God wanted from the very beginning of man's creation a beautiful and loving relationship.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Feb '21 13:08
    Relationship with God / Christ - not in the bible

When Adam and his wife broke fellowship with God through disobedience God who is holy and righteous and glorious STILL wanted to recover man back to a relationship with Himself. Now God has a problem. The eternal God will not give up His holiness or righteousness or glory for the sake of winning back man's companionship.

So the man must be disciplined. And a barrier was placed around the tree of life. A cherubim and a flaming sword turning in every direction GUARDING the tree of life was imposed. And Adam and Eve were expelled from the paradise garden. But the whole rest of the Bible is focused on the Triune God working ever to bring man BACK to the intended relationship and even FURTHER. So salvation is a major theme of the rest of the Bible this:

"And Jehovah God said, Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, lest he put forth and take also from the tree of life and eat and live forever -

Then Jehovah God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to work the ground from which he was taken. So He drove the man out, and at the east of the garden of Eden He placed the cherubim and a flaming sword which turned in every direction to guard the way to the tree of life." (Gen. 3:22-24)

The uncreated and eternal Triune God loves man to want an eternal relationship together even as God living IN man, so intimate, so internal, and everlasting.

But God will not have such a fellowship with a fallen, sinful, and Satan-ified man of corruption. He will not lay aside the divine glory, the divine righteousness, or the divine and eternal holiness which He possesses from eternity.

The need for redemption must occur to reconcile the Satan saturated sinful man. The poison of the opposite relationship with the enemy of God must be eradicated totally. This is the story of rest of the Bible. That is the recovery, restoral, and even enhancement of the Relationship between God and man made in His image.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Feb '21 13:331 edit
    From the beginning God presented to Adam not a code of conduct but a mysterious fruit tree called "the tree of life".

In our ethical way of thinking we might wonder why God did not present a law to Adam with hundreds of instructions. Rather God presents this relationship in terms of Adam taking INTO himself God as a kind of tasty, delicious, nourishing food.

"And out of the ground Jehovah God caused to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight and good for food, as well as the tree of life in the middle of the garden and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil." (Gen. 2:9)

The message to Adam was more like this:
    Be careful what you EAT.
    Be careful what you receive into you on the inside.
    Be careful [REALLY] WHO you take into your heart and mouth even.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Feb '21 13:34
    Where as the code of living? Where were the many rules and regulations and the thou shalts and thou shalt nots? Actually, there was only one simple instruction concerning what not to take in - the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
    That would cause the man and his wife to DIE.

We should realize that we are like vessels meant to receive Someone. We are meant to of our own will and decision to allow this Someone to come into our innermost spiritual being to blend, mingle, unify with us.

Jesus Christ as God incarnate still presents Himself to man as "FOOD" to be taken in and lived by. He came to earth to SHOW us how to live a proper created human life. And then He became that FOOD for us to again "eat" and take into ourselves the we may live as He did.

"As the living Father has sent Me and I live because of the Father, so he who eats Me, he also shall live because of Me." (John 6:57)

In fact this eating of God in Jesus Christ is a mutual feast of enjoyment. As we satisfy our deepest hunger so God TOO is feasting WITH us. This is a wonderful relationship of mutual feasting for our enjoyment and Christ's enjoyment as well.

For example Jesus tells the Laodiceans:

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, then I will come in to him and dine with him and he with Me." (Rev. 3:20)
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Feb '21 14:096 edits
    @divegeester
    I’m not interested in that thread.

Okay.

I am interested in your brittle prideful persona

First Corinthians 13 is a great chapter on agape love.
    It includes that love "does not rejoice because of unrighteousness, . . ." (1 Cor. 13:6a)

Something is wrong if a person delights to gloat over the defects of character of others. That is not my admission to your accusation. The morbidity of wanting to glare at someone's character flaws with "interest" is not spiritually healthy.

Is this how unitarians grow spiritually?

and your need to flood threads with pre-prepared posts lifting ideas your read elsewhere and presenting them as your own.

Divegeester is mad because many Christians speak similarly and enjoy similar experiences which unify them in one body.

Paul was not annoyed. He said with one mind and one mouth we should glorify God.

"That with one accord you may with one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." (Rom. 15:6)

Dive is mad because I sound like other teachers. Not being able to deal with the substance, he opts to grumbling that I ought to take pride in being more innovative and original.

From the early days of the local churches all the believers continued steadfastly in the teaching and the fellowship of the apostles.

"And they continued steadfastly in the teaching and the fellowship of the apostles, in the breaking of bread and the prayers." (Acts 2:42)

I am sorry if Dive feels that no one/s have ever been sent from God to help him.

Some of you may realize that I am able to field questions (if I wish) drawing from my own experience and my own study of the Scriptures. And if this is not ascertained by some here, that's okay.

Now the expected pushback to this for which I will waste no time will perhaps be:
    "Oh so you call someone today an apostle? Who? Witness Lee ?"

At any rate failure to effectively counter what I am teaching seems to attract handwaving that I am not original, like this is the "Jerusalem's Got Talent" show.

with it a loving Jesus who died for those he loved SO much, but whom he will also be personally burning alive for eternity if they don’t love him back. I’m interested in how you can believe this and yet spend your time blogging on the internet instead of evangelising in the streets.

I think you have a thread on your subject matter. You can blog just as well as I can. Go there and air all your accusations and criticisms. Or do what you did before. Bring up some old discussions from the past where you and I talked about your favorite subject - eternal punishment.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Feb '21 20:30
    Exactly...
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Feb '21 02:43

Removed by poster

11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Feb '21 02:51
    @sonship said
    Something is wrong if a person delights to gloat over the defects of character of others. That is not my admission to your accusation. The morbidity of wanting to glare at someone's character flaws with "interest" is not spiritually healthy.
    Your claim that you are "becoming like Jesus" and that "Jesus is flowing through" you on this forum makes your character a fair topic. You have been fulminating publically about my supposed "character flaws", for example, for years and years. Why is it not a case of "something is wrong" and "[it's] not spiritually healthy" when you do it?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Feb '21 07:111 edit
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    You’re an interesting specimen, a relic from the age of religiosity, an anachronism in a world which is trying to move on from the chaos of cultism.

How many people in your neighbourhood are being burnt in hell for eternity by your version of Jesus, because you spent your time blogging in here instead of talking to them, helping them?

Do you even care?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Feb '21 17:054 edits
    Over 100 posts of me in discussion on Rev. 20

https://www.dailychess.com/forum/spirituality/revelation-2014-15.180269

About 60 posts in discussion on Can Pity Ever Be Against God?

https://www.dailychess.com/forum/spirituality/can-pity-ever-against-god.179055

About 180 posts in discussion on Divegeester's Judgment Quandry

https://www.dailychess.com/forum/spirituality/divegeesters-judgement-quandry.178830
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Feb '21 19:57
    @sonship

How many people in your neighbourhood are being burnt in hell for eternity by your version of Jesus, because you spent your time blogging in here instead of talking to them, helping them?

Do you even care?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Feb '21 23:18
    @sonship said
    Over 100 posts of me in discussion on Rev. 20

https://www.dailychess.com/forum/spirituality/revelation-2014-15.180269

About 60 posts in discussion on Can Pity Ever Be Against God?

https://www.dailychess.com/forum/spirituality/can-pity-ever-against-god.179055

About 180 posts in discussion on Divegeester's Judgment Quandry

https://www.dailychess.com/forum/spirituality/divegeesters-judgement-quandry.178830
    Interested in Dive and sonship arguments? More here -

97 posts on Are All Warnings Threats

https://www.dailychess.com/forum/spirituality/are-all-warnings-threats.180050

357 posts discussion Calling Out Jesus in Revelation

https://www.dailychess.com/forum/spirituality/calling-out-jesus-in-rev.179370

330 posts on the subject Getting past eternal torture

https://www.dailychess.com/forum/spirituality/getting-past-eternal-torture.177818

130 posts on The Effecrt on You of Annihilation

https://www.dailychess.com/forum/spirituality/the-effect-on-you-of-annihilation.177537

1741 posts on Eternal suffering is nonsensical

64 posts on Billions Become New Jerusalem

https://www.dailychess.com/forum/spirituality/billions-become-new-jerusalem.174459

160 posts on The Space Alien Thing

https://www.dailychess.com/forum/spirituality/the-space-alien-thing.173938

50 posts on A Few Questions for Dive

https://www.dailychess.com/forum/spirituality/a-few-questions-to-dive.173506

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree