The Mouth in Worship

The Mouth in Worship

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
07 Feb 21
2 edits

@sonship said
Interested in Dive and sonship arguments? More here -
Yes yes, very interesting, we disagree a lot, but here is the question in hand for you:

How many people do you think there are who have died in your neighbourhood in say the last 3 years, whom are being burnt in hell for eternity by your version of Jesus, because you spent your time blogging in here instead of talking to them, helping them?

Do you even care?

F

Moves
07 Feb 21

@sonship said
97 posts on Are All Warnings Threats

https://www.dailychess.com/forum/spirituality/are-all-warnings-threats.180050

357 posts discussion Calling Out Jesus in Revelation

https://www.dailychess.com/forum/spirituality/calling-out-jesus-in-rev.179370

330 posts on the subject Getting past eternal torture

https://www.dailychess.com/forum/spiritual ...[text shortened]... estions for Dive[/b]

https://www.dailychess.com/forum/spirituality/a-few-questions-to-dive.173506
Do you think these posts by you have saved more or less than the "hundreds" of people you claim I may have caused to be tortured for eternity? Have your posts here saved "hundreds" of people?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 21
1 edit

Folks, I appreciate any reminders to love and share the good news with neighbors. Not that it had not occurred.

It is wonderful to lead men to Christ by using their mouths to call on the Lord Jesus for God honors His word.

"That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."

Some look at these words are only see "be superficial as a follower of Christ."
But the exhortation here is not "be as superficial as possible as a disciple of Christ."
That's just what the critic reads into the passage.

It says "That if you confess with your MOUTH Jesus as Lord and believe in your HEART that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." (Rom.10:9)

That is wonderful. That fills a man with joy. Then it goes on:

"For with the heart there is believing unto righteousness, and with the mouth there is confession unto salvation." (v.10).

There's more. There is the matter that the calling one will not be put to shame.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 21

Another thing about this part of Romans is that it does not insist that you all only once for initial salvation. Yet He CONTINUES to be rich to all who call on Him in every place and everywhere for anything we need from God.

"For the Scripture says, Everyone who believes on Him shall not be put to shame."

It doesn't say no believe or son of God can be disciplined. It says as far as touching Christ, receiving God in Christ - he shall not be put to shame.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 21
1 edit

"For the Scripture says, Everyone who believes on Him shall not be put to shame.
For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord is Lord of all and rich to all who call upon Him." (v.`11,12)

God is RICH to all who call upon the name of the Lord Jesus.
Christ will richly supply, richly empower, and richly furnish the man calling in true belief out to the Lord Jesus.

He is rich to any culture - Jew, Greek and anything else. His richness transcends any human or religious culture.

"For whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." (v.13)

No, Rajk999, it doesn't say "shall never be disciplined" it just says "whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

The Father disciplines all His sons that He has begotten along the line of their growth. It doesn't say they shall never be disciplined by the Father because they called "Lord Jesus". But it does say -

"For whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

Moves
07 Feb 21
1 edit

Blah blah blah blah...
Let them all go to Jesus to be burnt alive in hell forever.

Now where’s my next copy paste text...

F

Moves
07 Feb 21

@sonship said
It is wonderful to lead men to Christ by using their mouths to call on the Lord Jesus for God honors His word.
Are you "lead[ing] men to Christ" here on this website? Is that how you would characterize what you are doing?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Feb 21
1 edit

@sonship said
"For the Scripture says, Everyone who believes on Him shall not be put to shame.
For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord is Lord of all and rich to all who call upon Him." (v.`11,12)

God is RICH to all who call upon the name of the Lord Jesus.
Christ will richly supply, richly empower, and richly furnish the man calling in true belief ...[text shortened]... us"[/b]. But it does say -

"For whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
Of course. Paul also said:

- Women will be saved in childbearing.
- Unbelieving men will be sanctified by their faithful wife
- All of Israel will be saved.

You interpret as you wish.
But I know the wise man will steer clear of people like you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 21
5 edits

Wise women and wise men will listen to the word of God.

The salvation of man is a LIVING PERSON - God in Christ.

"God is now my salvation;
I will trust and not dread;"

Yes, I have some neighbors to yet tell this too.
"God . . . . is now my salvation" - a Living Person. A Divine and Mysterious often yet real living Person is salvation.

Isaiah. 12:2-6

" For Jah Jehovah is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation."

He puts a song in our hearts. He Himself is a man's strength. The conscience is washed clean in Christ's redemption.
Condemnation is obliterated. Peace pervades the heart and we have "peace towards God". And the calling believer is made "the righteousness of God in Him [Christ] ".

Pray for me that I announce this good news in my neighborhood, saints and believers in Jesus. And I will pray for you announcers as well.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 21
2 edits

Continuing with Isaiah.

By calling on the name of the Lord it is like drawing up water from the deep well of salvation - O Lord Jesus. I drink of You. O Lord Jesus my drink of life. Lord Jesus my beverage of eternal salvation. O Lord Jesus I call on You name and draw WATER from the well of salvation!"

"Therefore you will draw water with rejoicing from the springs of salvation, And you will say in that day, Give thanks to Jehovah; call upon His name! "

The well is installed into your innermost being. The fountain of the Spirit of God springs up in your heart and the Living Person of God wells up in your spirit.
It is wonderful.

"Make His deeds known among the peoples; Remind them that His name is exalted. "
That is a good use of your mouth. "Make mention" that the name of Jesus is exalted.

"Sing psalms to Jehovah, for He has done something majestic!
Let it be made known in all the earth!
Cry out and give a ringing shout, O inhabitant of Zion,
For great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel. "

These all require the speaking mouth and the release of the spirit deep within.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Feb 21

@sonship said
Wise women and wise men will listen to the word of God.
Wrong again. Your definition is of men and you are living proof that reading or listening to the word of God does not lead to understanding and can even lead to damnation. This is why Jesus clearly defined who the wise man is and what the wise man does :

Jesus said ..whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man ..(Matthew 7:24 KJV)

The wise man hears the words of Jesus
The wise man keeps / does the words of Jesus

You are not one of them

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 21

@Rajk999

Jesus said ..whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man ..(Matthew 7:24 KJV)

Rajk999 will not be able to pinpoint exactly in this verse where Christ commands anyone NOT TO CALL UPON HIM.

Let's see if he can point out where in Matthew 7:24 we are taught not to call upon the name of the Lord.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 21
3 edits

Building your "house" upon the rock of Christ's teaching in (Matt. 7:24) is not, I repeat, is not VERSES opening up your heart and your mouth and calling -

"Lord Jesus! I Love You. Lord Jesus. I love You Lord."

The false dichotomy Rajk999 longs to point out . . . . is not there.

Moves
08 Feb 21
1 edit

@sonship
Why aren’t you out and about in your local neighbourhood, saving people from being burnt alive for eternity by your version of Jesus?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 21

Paul and Sosthenes wrote the First Letter to the Corinthians and addressed it to those who CALL upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ - there in Corinth and in everyplace.

Here is their salutation at the beginning.

"Paul, a called apostle of Christ Jesus through the will of God, and Sosthenes the brother,

To the church of God which is in Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, the called saints, with all those who call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ in every place, who is theirs and ours." (1 Cor. 1:1,2)

It is so good. Even when they did not know how to pray, God the Father knew what was on their hearts. And it was so adequate to call on the name of our Lord.

In Corinth and around the area were callers to the Lord Jesus. These two brothers wrote to "all those who call upon the name . . . in every place." .

In every place we can call "O Lord Jesus. In this place I call upon Your dear name. Lord Jesus YOU are precious. Lord Jesus, YOU are my Lord, my Savior. O Lord Jesus my salvation."