1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '21 04:06
    @divegeester said
    @sonship
    Why aren’t you out and about in your local neighbourhood, saving people from being burnt alive for eternity by your version of Jesus?
    @sonship

Why are you here, dumping this stuff in this forum instead of being out saving the lost?

Who is actually commenting in this thread... FMF, Rajk999 and me. Who is it you think you are talking to?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Feb '21 13:25
    It is good to find a place in private where you can really open your mouth to the Lord Jesus and pour out your thoughts to God.

Honesty, God respects. Letting Him know exactly how you feel God will not reject. It is good to accompany your complaints with some thanksgiving and praise. And I will explain why shortly.

What a good use of the mouth God created us with, to open up our hearts and lay before God our thought, our feeling, or need.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Feb '21 13:32
    Honesty, God respects. Letting Him know exactly how you feel God will not reject. It is good to accompany your complaints with some thanksgiving and praise. And I will explain why shortly.

It is good to pour out your heart to God. It is good to accompany this with some amount of thanksgiving. Why?

In His Son and in the gift of eternal life the best, the highest, the most valuable matter has already been granted to man. In His Son and eternal life the fathomless depths of infinite mercy have already been provided. The highest blessing which cannot be surpassed has ALREADY been given.

So with all other temporal need is anti-climax. So we can pour out our request, requirement, desire, legitimate need, complaint, concern WITH hearty THANKSGIVING.

God honors this.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Feb '21 15:04
    [heavy door loudly creaks open]

- What’s going on in there then?

- Oh it’s just sonship scratching hieroglyphics on the walls again ...
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Feb '21 15:04
    @sonship said
    It is good to find a place in private where you can really open your mouth to the Lord Jesus and pour out your thoughts to God.
    Psalm 139 tells us, 'Lord, even before I say a word, you already know it.'

If God knows these things already, what is the point in saying them aloud?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Feb '21 15:382 edits
    Psalm 139 tells us, 'Lord, even before I say a word, you already know it.'

If God knows these things already, what is the point in saying them aloud?

Yes, God knows what we need. Yes, even before we ask He knows all.
    Yes, God does not need to be TAUGHT what our need is.
    Yes.

I think the reason He wants us to open up and speak and talk to Him is because of His central purpose. God wants to give us Himself.

We want things - this thing and that thing. We need that thing and this thing.
    God knows we may need this or that. But His purpose and plan is to dispense Himself into us to be united with us. And in the opening up of our being He can impart not only things TO us but Himself as divine life into us.

If you believe that Jesus Christ is religious fluff you will have a hard time understanding this. Christ is not religious fluff. Rather "all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge" are hidden in Him (Col. 2:3).

Throwing open our hearts and out mouths to God facilitates God imparting Christ as the Spirit into man. And we can be made full in Him.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Feb '21 21:10
    How shall God not with Christ (the Son of God) freely give us all things?

"Indeed, He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not also with Him freely give us all things?" (Romans 8:32)

In granting the believers His Son and the eternal life which is embodied in His Son, of course all things other necessary God will give to His own.

He delivered up His own Son in inseparable love for the sinner.
    And in the Son is the eternal life God grants freely.
    So we have confidence His ear is toward us who believe in His Son.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Feb '21 16:27
    Relax. Nobody reads it anyway.

Calling on the Name of the Lord

https://blog.biblesforamerica.org/calling-on-the-name-of-the-lord/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree