1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 13:10
    Hey open your eyes the people in New Orleans are/were dying on global warmings results.

But hey, keep it up for another 50 years and then when nature has killed more than 50 % of your people drive your 500 gallons + car against the next tree. You kill one tree but nevertheless do something
    good for nature (to kill the car !).

What has to happen to make the couch potatoes in the US wake up ? Do they really need to see their children drowning ?. Act man !
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 14:09
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    How would implementation of the Kyoto protocol affect prosperity?

Edit: I assume there's a reason for this debate being in the spiritual forum. Checkbaiter, do you think we're into the end times--that the cause of the new catastrophic weather is--goddunit?
    I think we have been in the end times for a long time...While Global Warming is real(yes I concur), I do not believe man is the cause, nor can he stop it.
    I am reading all the debates here, some are genuine interest, some are political.
    I understand man can contribute, but not to the extent some claim...Man's contribution to GW is miniscule.
    What I see is unbelieving men/woman looking in vain for someone to blame and for answers.
    People tend to focus on the negative, you don't hear much about the new vegetation being planted or that grows naturally...which absorbs CO2...but it does not matter, man is powerless to prevent this.
    Their are signs in the heavens that Jesus spoke about, and mentioned in the book of Revelations, I don't know for sure, if GW is part of it.
    But it seems to be....๐Ÿ™‚
  3. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 15:36
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    If you want to ride a tree to work go for it...I'll stick with my car.

If it's about "more than money" why does kyoto mean someone elses sticky fingers in my pocket?

BTW the trees (whose numbers were grossly exagerated) don't have leaves like in your poem, they're actually quite ugly pines that mature in 25 years then get the chop.
    ok ,, I'll ride a tree.
    you can stop breathing the oxygen my tree produces and breathe in more of your car's exhaust fumes.
  4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 15:39
    If you want to ride a tree to work go for it...I'll stick with my car.

If it's about "more than money" why does kyoto mean someone elses sticky fingers in my pocket?

BTW the trees (whose numbers were grossly exagerated) don't have leaves like in your poem, they're actually quite ugly pines that mature in 25 years then get the chop.
    BTW:

why are you posting in the spirituality forum when you clearly don't have any.
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulรคrer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 15:43
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    ok ,, I'll ride a tree.
    you can stop breathing the oxygen my tree produces and breathe in more of your car's exhaust fumes.
    Wait for the Lorax to pop up in this thread.
  6. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 15:52
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Wait for the Lorax to pop up in this thread.
    I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees.
    I've come here to celebrate Earth Day, so please
    Come join me and help spread the message I bring.
    Be a friend to the trees and to each living thing.

http://www.seussville.com/games/lorax/
  7. Subscriberwidget
    NowYouSeeIt
    NowYouDon't
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 16:28
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    ...Their are signs in the heavens that Jesus spoke about, and mentioned in the book of Revelations, I don't know for sure, if GW is part of it.... But it seems to be....๐Ÿ™‚
    Yes brothers and sisters, pray for the tidal wave to take New York and the earthquake to level California. (Make sure, Lord, that the tidal wave's big enough to take out the whole state of new York... there are pernicioius unbelievers hiding out everywhere.) Show them the error of their ways, Big Guy!!!

(Psst: So how long do we wait, now... The weekend?)

The first sign is already amongst us - The geeks are inheriting the earth!!!
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 18:00
    Originally posted by widget
    Yes brothers and sisters, pray for the tidal wave to take New York and the earthquake to level California. (Make sure, Lord, that the tidal wave's big enough to take out the whole state of new York... there are pernicioius unbelievers hiding out everywhere.) Show them the error of their ways, Big Guy!!!

(Psst: So how long do we wait, now... The weekend?)

The first sign is already amongst us - The geeks are inheriting the earth!!!
    2 Pet 3:8-13
    8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
    9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
    10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.
    11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,
    12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat?
    13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.
    (NKJ)

Problem with you is...unless you repent, you will not see this new heavens and earth in which will be no Global Warming...๐Ÿ™‚
  9. Subscriberwidget
    NowYouSeeIt
    NowYouDon't
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 19:04
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Problem with you is...unless you repent, you will not see this new heavens and earth in which will be no Global Warming...๐Ÿ™‚
    No problem - if you're there, I'd rather be in the other place.
  10. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 20:46
    Originally posted by LordOfTheChessboard
    OMG!!! You dont believe in global warming???
    Why would anyone make this up?
    There a huge gaping hole in the ozone layer. And it wasnt there before we polluted the place!
    If we dont do someting about it the ozon layer will eventually disappear, the polar caps will melt, the earth will be flooded, water will vaporise into space and earth will en ...[text shortened]... only one advice for someone who does not believe in global warming: PLEASE GET SOME EDUCATION!!!
    I believe in global warming and I believe in global cooling because in the entire history of the planet temps have never been static.

It's what is mans contribution to global warming that is in question, and what is even more questionable is the effect (if any) kyoto will have on anything other than our pockets.

As for all the water flying into space I suggest you get an education other than from sci-fi books.
  11. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 20:52
    Originally posted by Rochade
    Hey open your eyes the people in New Orleans are/were dying on global warmings results.

But hey, keep it up for another 50 years and then when nature has killed more than 50 % of your people drive your 500 gallons + car against the next tree. You kill one tree but nevertheless do something
    good for nature (to kill the car !).

What has to happen to ...[text shortened]... uch potatoes in the US wake up ? Do they really need to see their children drowning ?. Act man !
    What happened in New Orleans is a result of a dyke bursting not global warming.
  12. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 20:54
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    ok ,, I'll ride a tree.
    We're running out of oxygen...gasp...I can't bbbbreathe.

What a tard...we're talking about an increase of 0.004% CO2 in the air.
  13. Subscriberwidget
    NowYouSeeIt
    NowYouDon't
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 20:59
    What happened in New Orleans is a result of a dyke bursting not global warming.
    If you hold your finger real close to the end of your nose, can you see it?

What does it smell like? Maybe you really are full of it....

Think real hard, now... Why did the dyke burst. Because is had eaten too much?
  14. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 21:34
    Originally posted by widget
    If you hold your finger real close to the end of your nose, can you see it?

What does it smell like? Maybe you really are full of it....

Think real hard, now... Why did the dyke burst. Because is had eaten too much?
    Haha, that's even worse than the water flying into space...my finger smells like an orange (just picked off my tree) so I'm full of oranges?

There's widgets scientific reasoning for you.
  15. Subscriberwidget
    NowYouSeeIt
    NowYouDon't
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 21:52
    There's widgets scientific reasoning for you.
    Couldn't you see well enough to read the first question?

Did you miss the third question entirely, too excited by sniffing your finger?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree