1. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 22:04
    widgets humour is even worse than her scientific reasoning...oh dear.
  2. Subscriberwidget
    NowYouSeeIt
    NowYouDon't
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 22:29
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    widgets humour is even worse than her scientific reasoning...oh dear.
    Wammy, I'm trying very hard to establish:

a) ... just how short sighted you are? ... is it a medical condition?

and

b) ... whether you have fully comprehend that a hurricane caused the dyke to breach?
  3. Cosmos
    Moves
    06 Sep '05 01:53
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I think we have been in the end times for a long time...While Global Warming is real(yes I concur), I do not believe man is the cause, nor can he stop it.
    I am reading all the debates here, some are genuine interest, some are political.
    I understand man can contribute, but not to the extent some claim...Man's contribution to GW is miniscule.
    What I s ...[text shortened]... the book of Revelations, I don't know for sure, if GW is part of it.
    But it seems to be....🙂
    Herein lies another problem with religion.

CheckBaiter and other believers can simply wash their hands of any collective responsibility by claiming Global Warming is part of God's greater scheme.
    This is a complete dereliction of duty and amounts to nothing more than sheer fatalism.

Only relatively recently did we realise that pollution from chimneys in England caused acid rain and tree folliage stripping in Scandinavia.
    Lakes in Russia are running dry due to man's overuse of water.
    Areas around Chernobyl are still no-go zones for most creatures due to radiation levels.
    The rainforest continues to disappear due to logging and cattle farming.
    Why do you find it so difficult to attribute global warming to mankind's actions?
  4. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    06 Sep '05 02:13
    Originally posted by howardgee
    Herein lies another problem with religion.

CheckBaiter and other believers can simply wash their hands of any collective responsibility by claiming Global Warming is part of God's greater scheme.
    This is a complete dereliction of duty and amounts to nothing more than sheer fatalism.

Only relatively recently did we realise that pollution from chimne ...[text shortened]... tle farming.
    Why do you find it so difficult to attribute global warming to mankind's actions?
    ...because if it were global cooling you'd run out the same list.
  5. Subscriberwidget
    NowYouSeeIt
    NowYouDon't
    Moves
    06 Sep '05 02:41
    The point, here, Wammy Baby, is that mankind's actions are intrinsically involved in the critical degradation of our immediate environment. Forget the lists... Focus on the problem ~ not the lint in the hem of the solution!

Think about how many days you have to live. You want to add emphysema to them?

Consider this the administration of your last rites. In nomine Shell, in nomine Exxon, in nomine GM...
  6. Cosmos
    Moves
    06 Sep '05 03:28
    Well, so what?

If the Earth was cooling, then there would be some underlaying cause linked to man's activity.

It is just a matter of studying the causes and effects - and NOT just burying our heads in the sand/bible!
  7. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    06 Sep '05 03:571 edit
    Originally posted by howardgee
    Well, so what?

If the Earth was cooling, then there would be some underlaying cause linked to man's activity.

It is just a matter of studying the causes and effects - and NOT just burying our heads in the sand/bible!
    Aha....finally, Howard has an incite.

The world has been cooling and warming through out it's entire history, prior to the internal combustion engine, prior to industralisation and prior to the internet which makes it possible for the doom merchants to peddle their gloom.

BTW: Atheist
  8. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    06 Sep '05 04:071 edit
    Aha....finally, Howard has an incite.

The world has been cooling and warming through out it's entire history, prior to the internal combustion engine, prior to industralisation and prior to the internet which makes it possible for the doom merchants to peddle their gloom.

BTW: Atheist
    Yes, the issue with global warming is that it's been more severe than the normal cycle. And even if it is natural, it isn't good for us as a species, so why help the process along. And we now have CO2 from engines adding to that from volcanoes and animals. We know that it causes global warming. It's like pumping arsenic into someone, then saying we don't know for sure that it was the arsenic that killed them, just because we found it it their system when they died. It is still the most likely cause and we should work on that assumption and not drink any fine wine his wife opened espcially for you.

EDIT: that analogy got out of hand fast, I'll just assume you know what I was trying to say, I'm not coherent enough right now to come up with a better one.
  9. Subscriberwidget
    NowYouSeeIt
    NowYouDon't
    Moves
    06 Sep '05 04:10

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    06 Sep '05 19:59
    Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
    And even if it is natural, it isn't good for us as a species, so why help the process along.

EDIT: that analogy got out of hand fast, I'll just assume you know what I was trying to say, I'm not coherent enough right now to come up with a better one.
    If it's natural, we can neither help nor hinder it.

What happened to widgets stunning criticism of my grammar?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree