1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Dec '09 12:59
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    No, the rest are translations as well. Many "versions" as you call them went back to earlier documents to translate them.
    Those "earlier documents" have proven to be full of errors.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Dec '09 13:12
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I am curious, do you actually believe that?

In the preface of one copy of the King James that I saw it quite clearly stated that it was not to be taken as a final accurate translation but that later translations were expected to be better.
    I know it.

I've read the prefaces in many different versions. The comments are the opinions of the comentators.

I have spent years reading different Bible versions alongside the most reliable manuscripts available. I've read many books by many authorities on this subject.

It is my personal belief based on research and experience that the King James Bible is inerrant to the letter.

To top it off there's no way you'll ever believe me. I pray that someday you'll learn the truth.

I guarantee it will be the most liberating experience you'll ever have.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Dec '09 13:13
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Totally with you here.
    Precept upon precept. Line upon line.
  4. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '09 18:28
    Originally posted by josephw
    Precept upon precept. Line upon line.
    And I do mean English, and not Anglo-Saxon.
  5. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    06 Dec '09 20:16
    Those "earlier documents" have proven to be full of errors.
    So, just to be clear, you're saying that the earliest available Greek and Hebrew documents are false, i.e. in error? Then how can ANY of the KJV be true, since it, too, is based on those same documents? Basically, everyone was using the same documents to translate. So if the documents are in error, than all subsequent translations, including the KJV, are in error.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '09 22:19
    I know it.

I've read the prefaces in many different versions. The comments are the opinions of the comentators.

I have spent years reading different Bible versions alongside the most reliable manuscripts available. I've read many books by many authorities on this subject.

It is my personal belief based on research and experience that the King James ...[text shortened]... earn the truth.

how do you know it? do you know hebrew? ancient hebrew? do you know how some metaphors are translated incorrectly by hebrew scholars even?
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Dec '09 12:08
    It is my personal belief based on research and experience that the King James Bible is inerrant to the letter.
    Which exact version of the King James Bible would that be?
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    07 Dec '09 12:311 edit
    I know it.

It is my personal belief based on research and experience that the King James earn the truth.

In all your studies you've never found any errors or inconsistencies?

In the Book of Joel it says that so you will know I am God, a stranger shall never enter Jerusalem again. I know of one person on the site who is an absolute incorrigable sinner who has been in Jerusalem. How can this be?
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Dec '09 14:29
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    In all your studies you've never found any errors or inconsistencies?

In the Book of Joel it says that so you will know I am God, a stranger shall never enter Jerusalem again. I know of one person on the site who is an absolute incorrigable sinner who has been in Jerusalem. How can this be?
    Is this another hit and run post where I reply and you never return?

What do all of you think an error is?

Do you mean by error a type-o or miss spelled words? Or do you mean false information, contradictions, and lies?

The former are of no concern to me, but the latter are of extreme importance.

We've been through this before. It has never been proven by anyone anywhere at any time that there are errors in the Word of God. The King James Bible contains the Word of God and there are no errors in it.

But there are thousands of errors in all other English versions.

Read William P. Grady's Final Authority. You'll never believe me anyway.
  10. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Dec '09 14:57

We've been through this before. It has never been proven by anyone anywhere at any time that there are errors in the Word of God. The King James Bible contains the Word of God and there are no errors in it.

.... You'll never believe me anyway.
    *points and laughs*

Now it is your ignorance of linguistics, theology, sociology, ancient cultures, midieval culture, etc. that is glaringly apparent. It's not that folks like I do not "believe" you. It is that what you are purporting is incorrect on a gloriously colossal scale. Those who do know would not know where to start with the flaws in inerrantcies in what you are saying. Seriously.

But it's not worth getting into - you'll never believe us anyway.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Dec '09 15:02
    *points and laughs*

Now it is your ignorance of linguistics, theology, sociology, ancient cultures, midieval culture, etc. that is glaringly apparent. It's not that folks like I do not "believe" you. It is that what you are purporting is incorrect on a gloriously colossal scale. Those who do know would not know where to start with the flaws in inerrantci ...[text shortened]... are saying. Seriously.

But it's not worth getting into - you'll never believe us anyway.
    I believe God.

You believe yourself.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '09 15:04
    I believe God.

You believe yourself.
    no, you believe other men who say they are speaking for god.

there is a difference.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Dec '09 15:33
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    no, you believe other men who say they are speaking for god.

there is a difference.
    You don't get it.

There is no man between me and God. Except His Son, who, consequently, happens to be the reason why I know God at all.

It's me, the Word of God, and no one else.
  14. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Dec '09 15:491 edit
    You don't get it.

On the contrary - you don't get it.

I'm a Christian, but I'm not about to ignore the laws of nature, mathematics, logic, etc. in my exercise of my own spirituality. I'm not going to ignore the hands of men in the politics of religion. I'm not going to believe in things that cannot be. I'm not going to nod my head at every ridiculous thing people are going to throw out in the name of religion, simply to maintain my/a belief. To do so is incomprehensible to me.

So, as I say, it is you that does not "get it".
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Dec '09 15:52
    On the contrary - you don't get it.

I'm a Christian, but I'm not about to ignore the laws of nature, mathematics, logic, etc. in my exercise of my own spirituality. I'm not going to ignore the hands of men in the politics of religion. I'm not going to believe in things that cannot be. I'm not going to nod my head at every ridiculous thing people are goin ...[text shortened]... . To do so is incomprehensible to me.

So, as I say, it is you that does not "get it".
    I could easily say the same thing.

I'll ask you the same question I asked your counterpart in the Ark thread.

What makes you a Christian?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree