1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 18:176 edits
    I think the fundamentals are the occult are the seeking of spiritual authority and power that are illigitimate.

When one rejects the ligitimate authority of Christ she must then replace that with some other spiritual authority. Along with that ligitimate spiritual power must be replaced with illigitimate spiritual power.

Illigitimate spiritual authority and illigitimate spiritual power are the fundamentals of the occult.

Take for example King Saul. He rebelled against the ligitimate spiritual authority of God and was forced to seek out witches. Witches in turn pay the price of giving the Devil access to their souls that they may trade with Satanic authority and power.

Stubburness is very closely related to the occult. The prophet spoke this word from God to Saul:

"For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubburness is as iniquity and idolatry" ( 1 Sam. 15:23)

Rebellion is a twin of witchcraft. And stubburness is a twin of idolatry. People who are very rebellious towards the Bible and stubburn to exalt their opinion above the Bible are often ripe to fall prey to the attraction of the occult.

Their opinion is so highly exalted so as to become an idol. Where idols exist, replacing God, usurping the preeminence of God, the demonic is often prone to hover.

Derek Prince writes:

"We see a very clear example of this in the United States in the 1960s. Young people turned their backs on almost all accepted forms of authority - parents, church, government, whatever - and they became a generation of rebels. Over the years, I have dealt with many of those "rebels," and many of them who met the Lord are my friends today. But almost without exception, all who went into rebellion also went into the occult, the satanic supernatural, and witchcraft. This is the logic of spiritual experience. It is almost impossible to be deeply involved in rebellion without sooner or latter coming under the power of witchcraft."

[Lucifer Exposed, Derek Prince, Whitaker House, pg.91]

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree