1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 19:19
    Originally posted by Retrovirus
    "Messiah" just means "anointed one".
    I believe that is what I said. So he is anointed for what?
  2. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 19:19
    Originally posted by whodey
    In Judism the Messiah is seen as the ONE who will liberate the Jewish people and who will bring ultimate peace on earth. Jews often refer to the Messiah as the one who will be the "liberator" of the Jewish people and not the "savior" of the Jewish people for obvious reasons. They do not refer to him as their savior in order to distance themselves from the t ...[text shortened]... t like Jesus? Why did John the Baptist say that he was not worthy to Baptize Jesus?
    "In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a Son of Man, coming with clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and power; all peoples, nations, and men of every language worshipped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed."

So is the Son of Man to be worshipped if he is not God? Also, if Jesus be the Christ or anointed one, why the distinction of being the anointed one? What did he liberate that sets him apart from prophets such as John the Baptist? Why did John the Baptist say he was there to point the way to the Messiah? Was he also not a prophet like Jesus? Why did John the Baptist say that he was not worthy to Baptize Jesus?

I really don't understand how does this make sense to you. How many GODs are there. Jesus is not GOD. And by any mean you cann't say that. There is no prove for it. Making him GOD is making two GODs which is impossible.

The prophesy you said could be interprestted different ways (if it is true) and it doesn't mention the messiah at all.

When was Jesus GOD?

Before he was born.

During his life, after death.

He was a man in all cases and he was never GOD.

And during his life if he was GOD so where was the Father.
  3. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 19:20
    I believe that is what I said. So he is anointed for what?
    He is not the only anointed one.
  4. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 19:22
    It is apparent to me that Daniel sees the Son of Man as God. Otherwise why does eveyone worship him? Is it not written that we are to only worship the Lord our God and only serve him? It is also apparent to me that they viewed Christ as blashpeming by making himself out to be the Messiah as I pointed out in Mark 14:60. Therefore what the Jews believe toda ...[text shortened]... of little consequence to me. They can either believe there religious texts, or create new ones.
    My friend Jewish didn't understand that he is GOD.

They they expect the Messiah to be a man from the Children of David.

They never understand that he is a man.

They have Torah centuries before Jesus came and they had enough time to understand what realy the propheisies say.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 19:261 edit
    Originally posted by ahosyney

When was Jesus GOD?

Before he was born.

During his life, after death.

He was a man in all cases and he was never GOD.

And during his life if he was GOD so where was the Father.[/b]
    john 8:57 "Then said the Jews to him, "You are not tet 50 years old, and you have seen Abraham?" Jesus said to them, "Verily, Verily, I say to you, Before Abraham was, I am." They then took up stones to kill him for blasphemy.

Indeed, he sounds like an average every day prophet to me. I cannot help you understand the trinity. I have tried. All I can tell you is that the concept of the trinity is not 3 seperate gods, rather, it is three in ONE. As I have said before, we to are made in his image as a triune being. We are body, soul, and spirit, yet we are ONE.
  6. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 19:30
    john 8:57 "Then said the Jews to him, "You are not tet 50 years old, and you have seen Abraham?" Jesus said to them, "Verily, Verily, I say to you, Before Abraham was, I am." They then took up stones to kill him for blasphemy.

Indeed, he sounds like an average every day prophet to me. I cannot help you understand the trinity. I have tried. All I can t ...[text shortened]... to are made in his image as a triune being. We are body, soul, and spirit, yet we are ONE.
    And what about Adam.

Does this mean he is GOD. It imply that he is a creature, and a creature can't be GOD.

The trinity is taken from older religions, the link I posted show you that.

And what make you belive in Trinity. It is not mentioned in the Bible.

The only verse I know talk about Trinity doen't exist in the older manuscripts.

So why do you belive in something that doesn't exist.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 19:42
    And what about Adam.

Does this mean he is GOD. It imply that he is a creature, and a creature can't be GOD.

The trinity is taken from older religions, the link I posted show you that.

And what make you belive in Trinity. It is not mentioned in the Bible.

The only verse I know talk about Trinity doen't exist in the older manuscripts.

So why do you belive in something that doesn't exist.
    What about Adam? Adam is dead. Christ is alive today and came to earth. Why? Was it to be a prophet? I don't know any prophets that could make the claim that they existed before Abraham including Mohammad. What then did we learn from him that was of such significance for him to come to earth? What major porphesy did he reveal? In short, what was the end result of him coming? Was it God's desire to decieve the world into believing that he was God? In fact, that is the end result of his coming.
  8. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 19:49
    What about Adam? Adam is dead. Christ is alive today and came to earth. Why? Was it to be a prophet? I don't know any prophets that could make the claim that they existed before Abraham including Mohammad. What then did we learn from him that was of such significance for him to come to earth? What major porphesy did he reveal? In short, what was the e ...[text shortened]... ieve the world into believing that he was God? In fact, that is the end result of his coming.
    My friend the Bible doesn't say he is GOD.

He said he is before Abraham.

But he also said he is a man.

He said he is a prophet

He worship GOD

he prayed to him (Exactly the same way Muslims do today)

he powed to him

and call his name every part of his life.

He said that he came to know the only GOD and he was sent from him.

He called him my GOD.

And he ask others to worship GOD, not him.

He said that he finished all what GOD send him for long time before he crossified. Although you belive that he was crossified for you.

That is what the Bible say..

But you Ignore all of that and belive in something that is not there.

You say he is the son of GOD , but he is not the only one.

You belive in Trinity but it doens't exist in the Bible.

You belive that you are saved while he didn't say that.

I don't know what to say more than that.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 20:071 edit
    [b]My friend the Bible doesn't say he is GOD.

He called him my GOD.
    It is therefore interesting that his followers referred to Christ as their God as well as in John 20:27.

I think we both know the scriptures and have both decided to take opposing views. Therefore I see very little productivity in spewing out those opposing views. So in closing, I would like to refer to what Christ said in Matthew 16:13.

"When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, "Whom do men say that I the Son of Man am? And they said, "Some say that you are John the Baptist; some Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the other prophets." HE said to them, "But whom say you that I am?" And Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Barjona for flesh and blood has not revealed it to you, but my Father which is in heaven.".......Jesus then charged the disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ."

So perhaps this is the message. God must reveal to each of us whom he is and what he came for. After all, Christ commanded his followers not to repeat to others the truth about him once it had been revealed to them.
  10. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 20:312 edits
    It is therefore interesting that his followers referred to Christ as their God as well as in John 20:27.

I think we both know the scriptures and have both decided to take opposing views. Therefore I see very little productivity in spewing out those opposing views. So in closing, I would like to refer to what Christ said in Matthew 16:13.

"When Jes llowers not to repeat to others the truth about him once it had been revealed to them.
    I hope GOD one day show you the right path....

I just want to ask you to take a look at this site:

http://www.islamtomorrow.com/

This video is realy important to see:

http://www.watchislam.com/videos/video.php?vid=3

It might help
  11. Maryland
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 02:02

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree