1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 18:54
    Originally posted by knightwest
    The Catholic Church traces it's roots to early Christians, the very first actually.

Simon Peter founded the Church that was to become the Catholic Church. The term catholic only become relevant during the Reformation, when there was a split between the Catholic Church and the reforming, protestant, lutherian churches in Europe.

So Catholics were th ...[text shortened]... ctually teach you anything that matters (like the history of the Christian faith, for instance).
    I thought Jesus was the founder of the Church not Peter?

Then you guys don't really follow Christ words then.
    So then who are you to say that I can read from Pauls writings that he recieved from that Holy Spirit.
  2. The sky
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 21:31
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    When he said this rock.

If you call your self a Christian Kirksey957, you would know that Jesus was referring to Earth not Peter.
    If you knew what "Peter" means and read the bible again, you'd understand that he was indeed referring to Peter.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 21:36
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    If you knew what "Peter" means and read the bible again, you'd understand that he was indeed referring to Peter.
    Jesus is the head of the Church not Peter.
  4. Not Kansas
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 23:581 edit
    Let he who is without sin cast the first peter.

EDIT: The Plaster Casters of Chicago were blameless.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 00:061 edit
    When he said this rock.

If you call your self a Christian Kirksey957, you would know that Jesus was referring to Earth not Peter.

And also even though Jesus is gone, He is the leader of the Church not the Pope or anyone else. He guides his true followers with the Holy Spirit.
    I think when Jesus said "on this rock I will build my church" He was speaking of Himself, not Peter. Jesus is the head of the church not Peter or the earth.

Eph 1:22-23
    22 And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church,
    23 which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.
    (NKJ)

Eph 5:23
    23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body.
    (NKJ)
  6. England
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 12:20
    Jesus is the head of the Church not Peter.
    strange you say this as it was jesus who said upon this rock i will build my church. there are no temples or churches in heaven so it is a earthly thing. jesus is in heaven to were we pray. he never wanted a home for himself but for us we require a temple and it has to have a head on earth.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 20:17
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I think when Jesus said "on this rock I will build my church" He was speaking of Himself, not Peter. Jesus is the head of the church not Peter or the earth.

Eph 1:22-23
    22 And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church,
    23 which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.
    (NKJ)

Eph 5:23
    ...[text shortened]... head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body.
    (NKJ)
    Great answer.
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 21:20
    Great answer.
    LOL. If you were a real Christian, you would have known this in the first place.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 21:43
    Originally posted by stoker
    strange you say this as it was jesus who said upon this rock i will build my church. there are no temples or churches in heaven so it is a earthly thing. jesus is in heaven to were we pray. he never wanted a home for himself but for us we require a temple and it has to have a head on earth.
    If you look at the Greek, there are two different words for rock...one being petra and the other petros. One is a pebble. He is saying to Peter "you are a pebble" blown about with every wind of doctrine....but on this rock ( a much larger one) meaning Himself, He would build His church.
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 21:47
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    If you look at the Greek, there are two different words for rock...one being petra and the other petros. One is a pebble. He is saying to Peter "you are a pebble" blown about with every wind of doctrine....but on this rock ( a much larger one) meaning Himself, He would build His church.
    Heretic! He meant Planet Earth. Just ask RBHILL.
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 21:481 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    LOL. If you were a real Christian, you would have known this in the first place.
    Maybe I have not been to church for awhile.

And plus once you accept Christ you are saved. Going to Church can't save you.
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 22:44
    Maybe I have not been to church for awhile.

And plus once you accept Christ you are saved. Going to Church can't save you.
    RB, I would bet you learn more about Jesus in this forum than you know or would admit.
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 22:45
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    RB, I would bet you learn more about Jesus in this forum than you know or would admit.
    Yes, from other Christians. Like in the Private clan forums. 😉
  14. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 23:09
    Yes, from other Christians. Like in the Private clan forums. 😉
    You mean the one hid under a "bushel basket"? (Matt 5:15)
  15. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 23:12
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Well, was I ever shocked at being invited to the open day in heaven!
    As a pure and utter atheist I have to admit at feeling slightly embarrassed...

Anyways, RBHILL and myself decided to form and international pact and travel upwards and onwards together. And so it was that we both found ourselves at the pearly gates with Simon (he prefers Simon, but ca ...[text shortened]... For I see it not? "
    And Simon answered: "We use his clock in the kitchen as a ventilator."
    Well, the end came as a surprise .... and I had to laugh to be honest .....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree