1. Meddling with things
    Moves
    13 Nov '05 00:46
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul
    Don't start with this pointless babble again. The question is perfectly answerable for athiests, especially as most athiests treat their lack of belief in God as a belief--that is an idea that can and should be spread to others. Just answer the question.
    Utter nonsense. There are ideas I beleve to be valuable; I am happy to be defined by those ideas.

I do not believe in fairies, crock of gold at the end of the rainbow, god, alien abduction, eternal life and a whole host of other things; these thing do not inform you of who I am.

Are you defined by things you don't believe in? You're nothing more than a non hindu.
  2. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    13 Nov '05 13:55
    Originally posted by lioyank
    Hmm. Would you care to expand on these "altered states of consciousness" and how you made these "connections"? Also, what "truths" did you realize?
    The entheogenic properties of certain mushroom species are well known to man. Unfortunately, the shamanic practices involving these plants are all but lost to modern civilisation. In 1938, Albert Hoffman managed to synthesize an agent while studying ergot alkaloid derivatives, the effects of which have been misunderstood and demonized by society. The psychoactive agents in these substances act upon certain receptors in the human brain that are not normally active, causing profound effects.

Say, aren't the clouds particularly fluffy today? I really like szechuan dishes if prepared by an authentic szechuan chef. And Monica Belluci...she was so hot as Persephone in the Matrix, don't you agree? That is one tasty MILF. I'd do her froggy-style. What were we talking about again?
  3. Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    13 Nov '05 14:08
    Originally posted by David C
    The entheogenic properties of certain mushroom species are well known to man. Unfortunately, the shamanic practices involving these plants are all but lost to modern civilisation. In 1938, Albert Hoffman managed to synthesize an agent while studying ergot alkaloid derivatives, the effects of which have been misunderstood and demonized by society. The psychoa ...[text shortened]... t you agree? That is one tasty MILF. I'd do her froggy-style. What were we talking about again?
    So, basically, shrooms helped you achieve these altered states of consciousness. Ok. Now how about those "truths"? And I hope you don't mean truths such as Monica Belluci being hot. (Believe it or not, there WOULD be people that disagree with you, so scratch that--- not that I'm one of them.)
  4. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    13 Nov '05 14:321 edit
    Originally posted by lioyank
    So, basically, shrooms helped you achieve these altered states of consciousness. Ok. Now how about those "truths"? And I hope you don't mean truths such as Monica Belluci being hot. (Believe it or not, there WOULD be people that disagree with you, so scratch that--- not that I'm one of them.)
    meh. I'm busy searching for nudies of Ms. Belluci. You'll simply have to experience it for yourself...bear in mind, the conclusions you reach or the truths you realize may be different than mine. Enlightenment is a personal thing. However, given your use of the denigrating term 'shrooms', my guess is it might not be a happy journey for you.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Nov '05 14:35
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    Utter nonsense. There are ideas I beleve to be valuable; I am happy to be defined by those ideas.

I do not believe in fairies, crock of gold at the end of the rainbow, god, alien abduction, eternal life and a whole host of other things; these thing do not inform you of who I am.

Are you defined by things you don't believe in? You're nothing more than a non hindu.
    You are defined by what you are and say you are, be it godless or
    Godly. The term carries with it a value, you believe what you will
    about how many there are, you admit to the rest of the universe
    your faith on that one variable’s quantity size, and your behavior by
    your belief will also tell the universe how real you carry yourself
    too.
    Kelly
  6. Meddling with things
    Moves
    13 Nov '05 16:06
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You are defined by what you are and say you are, be it godless or
    Godly. The term carries with it a value, you believe what you will
    about how many there are, you admit to the rest of the universe
    your faith on that one variable’s quantity size, and your behavior by
    your belief will also tell the universe how real you carry yourself
    too.
    Kelly
    I agree with the last part but the first sentence is erroneous. Faith in god may be important in defining you but no faith in god (among other things) is a minor facet of my nature.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Nov '05 02:452 edits
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    I agree with the last part but the first sentence is erroneous. Faith in god may be important in defining you but no faith in god (among other things) is a minor facet of my nature.
    Only if we are talking about our points of view, if for example we
    are all truly subject to God, your lack of belief, faith, and love of God
    is one of the more important parts defining you too. If we are only
    speaking of opinions of ourselves, you are quite right, my view,
    your view, we all have views, as we all have other things in common.
    Kelly
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    14 Nov '05 03:16
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Only if we are talking about our points of view, if for example we
    are all truly subject to God, your lack of belief, faith, and love of God
    is one of the more important parts defining you too. If we are only
    speaking of opinions of ourselves, you are quite right, my view,
    your view, we all have views, as we all have other things in common.
    Kelly
    His point is that being an atheist only tells you what he is NOT. It tells you nothing about what he IS.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Nov '05 03:40
    Originally posted by rwingett
    His point is that being an atheist only tells you what he is NOT. It tells you nothing about what he IS.
    I understood his point, I guess you didn't understand mine.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree