1. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 11:553 edits
    The Parable of the Sower & the Seed, given by Jesus, provides some insight into what exactly is mouth worship and lip service to God and Christ

The seed is the word of God.

Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.

But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.
    (Luke 8:11-15 KJV)

There is no doubt that speaking with your mouth of your faith without acting on that belief is distasteful to God. The Bible is full of examples of people who practice it and describes the fate that await such people.

Jesus describes 4 groups of people who hear the word of God, and who received the word of God in their hearts.
    1. Heard the word, Believed in their hearts, but the devil take away the belief from their heart
    2. Heard the word, Believed in their hearts, but fell away due to temptation
    3. Heard the word, Believed in their hearts, but carried away with riches etc
    4. Heard the word, Believed in their hearts, bear fruit

The first 3 groups are PARROTS - all talkers, who believe, but do nothing else and are guilty of mouth worship.
    The 4th group are EAGLES - they are doers, these are pleasing to God and these will inherit the Kingdom of God.
    There are Christians who believe in a doctrine which preaches that all 4 groups
    will be in the Kingdom of God, simply because they heard the word, they believe in their hearts.
    Jesus was clear... that is not good enough
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 14:34
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    The Parable of the Sower & the Seed, given by Jesus, provides some insight into what exactly is mouth worship and lip service to God and Christ

[quote]The seed is the word of God.

Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

They on the rock a ...[text shortened]... y heard the word, they believe in their hearts.
    [/b]
    The first group never believed.

The second and third groups believed but lost their salvation.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 15:201 edit
    Originally posted by @eladar
    The first group never believed.

The second and third groups believed but lost their salvation.
    Ok. Although i would guess that if the word was in their hearts as the bible says then they would have believed... just that their belief was short-lived.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 11:28
    Ok. Although i would guess that if the word was in their hearts as the bible says then they would have believed... just that their belief was short-lived.
    And in the real world it doesn't mean shyte since there is no bible god in the first place.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 11:40

[quote]The seed is the word of God.

They on the rock a ...[text shortened]... y heard the word, they believe in their hearts.
    [/b]
    Luke 18:9-14
    And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
    Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
    The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
    I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
    And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
    I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 11:501 edit
    Originally posted by @josephw
    Luke 18:9-14
    And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
    Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
    The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even ...[text shortened]... every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
    Dont have the balls to make the point?
    Take an example from me.
    I quote the Bible.
    I make a point
    I provide a summary.
    And I open the floor for discussion.
    You are a small minded deceitful little worm.
  7. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 12:00
    Dont have the balls to make the point?
    Take an example from me.
    I quote the Bible.
    I make a point
    I provide a summary.
    And I open the floor for discussion.
    You are a small minded deceitful little worm.
    I understand josephw's point very clearly, I don't see how you missed it. I think your response to him only confirms what he is saying with Luke 18:9-14 . Here is a hint "I". "I", "I".

As usual, you can't resist name calling to elevate yourself. That's sad.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 12:06
    Originally posted by @leunammi
    I understand josephw's point very clearly, I don't see how you missed it. I think your response to him only confirms what he is saying with Luke 18:9-14 . Here is a hint "I". "I", "I".

I dislike deceitful people that make snide remarks and insults hidden in other statements.
    You and josephw are good examples of that kind of posting around here.
    That behaviour is far worse than name calling.
    Both of you are hypocritical Christians who cannot carry on a decent discussion without using these socalled hidden insults

Did you see josephw's thread on Casting a Pearl?
    Another hidden insult..
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 12:43

Thanks leunammi. Sad too that no matter how hard I try to have a normal discussion with the Rajks of this forum they never fail to project their own fears of inadequacy and self loathing, and they always resort to ad hominem attacks wherever they perceive a weakness.

This forum has become inhuman in my opinion.
  10. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 12:501 edit
    I dislike deceitful people that make snide remarks and insults hidden in other statements.
    You and josephw are good examples of that kind of posting around here.
    That behaviour is far worse than name calling.
    Both of you are hypocritical Christians who cannot carry on a decent discussion without using these socalled hidden insults

Did you see josephw's thread on Casting a Pearl?
    Another hidden insult..
    I dislike deceitful people that make snide remarks and insults hidden in other statements, also.

There is this poster, some of his threads are;

The parrot and the eagle
    Paul was wrong
    If a man loves me he will keep my words
    Thanks to Sonship for opening my eyes
    Judgements - one or two?
    Can a saved person be cast out of God's kingdom

There are more.

Hidden statements, insults name calling, and snide remarks are your modus operandi. You usually start out your threads with a veiled comment to get comments from other posters and then you slam the hammer down. You criticize, ostracize, belittle and insult other Christians time and time and time again.

If it is not milk and meat, or groups 1, 2 and 3, and now parrots and eagles. What will be next? Door 1 or 2? You always put yourself in the favorable option and everyone else in the unfavorable. Why do you persecute the bride, why do you persecute those that have called Jesus their savior and have declared that 'Jesus is Lord'?. Is that not good enough for you, is anything good enough for you? Others call what you believe and Christians here in RHP in general as believing in 'fairytales', 'your god figure', and there are others and then ridicule your/our beliefs but you find commonality with them as a bird in a feather... they flock together. I don't understand.

It is not as bad as what Saul was doing, obviously. But the question is 'Why do you persecute? Why the vial hatred for fellow believers in the same God? Granted, not everyone believes in the same exact way, but God is bigger than all that. We see a small part of the overall picture and need each other to see more?

Do you get what I am saying?

edit: I ham not trying to corner you, only get you to see that we need each other
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 12:59
    Others call what you believe and Christians here in RHP in general as believing in [...] 'your god figure'...
    What is your objection to the expression "your god figure"?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 13:15
    Originally posted by @josephw
    Thanks leunammi. Sad too that no matter how hard I try to have a normal discussion with the Rajks of this forum they never fail to project their own fears of inadequacy and self loathing, and they always resort to ad hominem attacks wherever they perceive a weakness.

This forum has become inhuman in my opinion.
    Says the man who thinks some posters here are swine.

If it's inhuman then leave
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 13:19
    I dislike deceitful people that make snide remarks and insults hidden in other statements, also.

The parrot and the eagle
    Paul was wrong
    Judgements - one or two?

There are ...[text shortened]... am saying?

edit: I ham not trying to corner you, only get you to see that we need each other
    The bride? You have to be kidding. You don't understand the teachings of Christ at all.
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 14:09

The parrot and the eagle
    Paul was wrong
    Judgements - one or two?

There are ...[text shortened]... am saying?

You criticize, ostracize, belittle and insult other Christians time and time and time again.

That isn't what you and others do to rajk999? That isn't what you're doing in this very post?

Seriously?
  15. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 14:27
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    [b]You criticize, ostracize, belittle and insult other Christians time and time and time again.

That isn't what you and others do to rajk999? That isn't what you're doing in this very post?

Seriously?[/b]
    Calling out thinkofone, calling out. You should learn the difference.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree