1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 15:12
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Good points. The confusion we have about God knowing the future is that he has the power and wisdom to direct certian events he knows has to happen in order to have a certian outcome to accomplish his will.
    The very first example of that is the scripture at Gen 3:15. God with his wisdom and with his forsight, knew that certain things would have to happ ...[text shortened]... bility he has but we still try to control what we can to make this event in the future happen.
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 04:14
    Ok so then God is not all knowing? Almighty God is not all knowing?

Manny
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 17:41
    Originally posted by menace71
    Ok so then God is not all knowing? Almighty God is not all knowing?

Manny
    No not in that sense... All knowing would me he knows all in any specific second it time. But again show me in the Bible where it says or explains that he knows all in the future? I've asked you 3 times now....
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Oct '09 10:10
    One thing is certain to me. The more you experience Jesus Christ the clearer the matter of the knowledge of good and evil is. The experience of tasting Jesus as the life of God exposes how much I have been living by the knowledge of good and evil and how shallow I am to enjoy Christ as spiritual life.

So I think this choice of whether to live by divine life or the knowledge of good and evil is certainly with every regenerated Christian.

Before knowing anything about Christ as life, as the Holy Spirit, I don't think I knew anything about living by the knowledge of good and evil. It was simply too subjective to me - ie. the only way to live.

In the body of Christ, in the church life, living in the Spirit of Christ enlightens one more to what the tree of the knowledge good and evil is and what the tree of life is.

Christ is really the tree of life today.

"In Him was life and the life was the light of men" (John 1:4)

I have wasted a lot of people's time by not confessing this sooner. If your caught up in the details of the physical trees you are really missing the important point. Today Christ is the real tree of life to us. In Him is the life of God for us.
  5. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    09 Oct '09 16:50
    Originally posted by jaywill
    The more you experience Jesus Christ the clearer the matter of the knowledge of good and evil is.
    It seems ironic, don't you think, that the solution to our predicament leads to exactly the starting point of all problems?
  6. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    09 Oct '09 21:15
    Originally posted by fatalinsomnia
    OK, this is a serious question for all you religion scholars:

Why the hell did god put the tree in the garden of eden in the first place if he didn't want the people to eat from it (i.e., why tempt them--seems kinda strange/mean/malicious, no)?

On top of that, he made the man and woman (i.e., adam and eve) stupid so that they had really no choic ...[text shortened]... just wanna know what the bible people believe. Thanks in advance for any 'serious' answers.
    I assume you mean the tree of knowledge of good and evil. They were tested not tempted. The test was a test of obedience. They had the free will to choose the tree of life or the tree of knolwdge. If they had eaten of the tree of life they would have lived forever in their original state of being. Who told you that Adam and Eve are stuped? Perhaps you are judging their selfwill and rebellion as a result of a low intelect.
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    10 Oct '09 03:292 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    No not in that sense... All knowing would me he knows all in any specific second it time. But again show me in the Bible where it says or explains that he knows all in the future? I've asked you 3 times now....
    I will find scripture for you. God either is all knowing or not it can't be both ways. Omniscient means?

Main Entry: om·ni·scient
    Pronunciation: : ?? would not paste right
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: New Latin omniscient-, omnisciens, back-formation from Medieval Latin omniscientia
    Date: circa 1604

1 : having infinite awareness, understanding, and insight
    2 : possessed of universal or complete knowledge

Manny
  8. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    10 Oct '09 04:15
    The experience of tasting Jesus
    TMI
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '09 13:272 edits
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    It seems ironic, don't you think, that the solution to our predicament leads to exactly the starting point of all problems?

Not at all really. Justification takes care the guilt of our sins. The growth of Christ's life within those justified calibrates us to a new way to live - by Christ as life rather than by the knowledge of good and evil.

I am not sure I follow you but I think it depends on what part of the solution you are refering to - justification or sanctification.
  10. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    12 Oct '09 15:24
    One thing is certain to me. The more you experience Jesus Christ the clearer the matter of the knowledge of good and evil is. The experience of tasting Jesus as the life of God exposes how much I have been living by the knowledge of good and evil and how shallow I am to enjoy Christ as spiritual life.

So I think this choice of whether to live by divine ...[text shortened]... ortant point. Today Christ is the real tree of life to us. In Him is the life of God for us.
    How about the muslims and buddists. Are they cut off from this tree of life? They seem pretty content with their beliefs.
  11. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    12 Oct '09 15:54
    [b]It seems ironic, don't you think, that the solution to our predicament leads to exactly the starting point of all problems?

Not at all really. Justification takes care the guilt of our sins. The growth of Christ's life within those justified calibrates us to a new way to live - by Christ as life rather than by the knowledge of good and evil.
    ...[text shortened]... it depends on what part of the solution you are refering to - justification or sanctification.[/b]
    It's much more simple: seeking the knowledge of good and evil was the original sin. The solution, as you expressed it, gives you knowledge of good and evil. That seems ironic.
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    12 Oct '09 21:55
    It seems that the sin was in disobeying God's command at least as far as the text goes.

16The LORD God commanded the man, saying, "From any tree of the garden you may eat freely;

17but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die."

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree