1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 13:56
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    In order for this statement to be true, do I need absolute knowledge?

"There is gold in China".
    now take what you have just said...and re-read some of your responses to other posts 😉
  2. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 13:58
    By saying "There is no absolute truth" you are making an absolute statement whether you would like to admit it or not.
    That is your misconception I am sorry you so happily adhere to it. I am done with you.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 14:01
    Originally posted by Agerg
    so you don't know the absolute truth of *all* things...well then how do you know there is absolute truth, and that it's knowable eh?

can you please, pretty please find a more intelligent argument so that I no longer have to stoop so low to your level?
    In order for me to know that the statement "There is gold in China" is the absolute truth, all I need is to validate one ounce of gold within the borders of China. I do not need absolute knowledge to do that.

However, if I were to make the statement "There is no gold in China", I would need absolute knowledge.
  4. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 14:02
    Originally posted by Starrman
    That is your misconception I am sorry you so happily adhere to it. I am done with you.
    see...the words "absolute truth" probably popped into his head one day and he figured he had the ultimate response to any atheist's arguments...He cannot betray what was probably his finest hour despite the sheer stupidity he demonstrates!
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 14:051 edit
    In order for me to know that the statement "There is gold in China" is the absolute truth, all I need is to validate one ounce of gold within the borders of China. I do not need absolute knowledge to do that.

However, if I were to make the statement "There is no gold in China", I would need absolute knowledge.
    K...so how about I say that the statement There is no non-existance of God also requires absolute knowledge!!!😴 (I admit this line of attack was someone elses idea not mine)
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 14:051 edit
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Why would you be sorry if there was no absolute truth? Besides, what is right for you would not necessarily be right for me. Why are you even trying to convince me of anything? If there was no absolute truth you would have been wasting your time. In fact, if you really believed that there is no absolute truth then you would have known that all these discussions on this forums are a waste of time.
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 14:082 edits
    Why would you be sorry if there was no absolute truth? Besides, what is right for you would not necessarily be right for me. Why are you even trying to convince me of anything? If there was no absolute truth you would have been wasting your time. In fact, if you really believed that there is no absolute truth then you would have known that all these discussions on this forums are a waste of time.
    I think it was a statement of sympathy because of your 2 fundamental qualities...stupidity and ignorance!
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 14:14
    see...the words "absolute truth" probably popped into his head one day and he figured he had the ultimate response to any atheist's arguments...He cannot betray what was probably his finest hour despite the sheer stupidity he demonstrates!
    If you don't believe in absolute truth then you should ask someone to cut open your arm, and you will find the proof of the absolute truth that a cut to the arm draweth blood.
  9. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 14:222 edits
    If you don't believe in absolute truth then you should ask someone to cut open your arm, and you will find the proof of the absolute truth that a cut to the arm draweth blood.
    ah but is it blood?...what if it just behaves like blood but is actually something else eh? (see...I too can write stupid things)
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 14:24
    ah but is it blood?...what if it just behaves like blood but is actually something else eh? (see...I too can *act* stupid)
    Are you absolutely sure about that? 😉
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 14:28
    Are you absolutely sure about that? 😉
    Is there really a point to all this?

You say we:
    You must have absolute knowledge to deny the existance of God
    and we say:
    You must have absolute knowledge to deny the non-existance of God...

stalemate!!!, find another argument
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 14:32
    Is there really a point to all this?

You say we:
    You must have absolute knowledge to deny the existance of God
    and we say:
    You must have absolute knowledge to deny the non-existance of God...

stalemate!!!, find another argument
    The point that you are missing is that we don't deny anything.

We claim that God exists. You are the ones who are denying his existence.

And you also seem not to realise that using a double negative is not the same as making an absolute negation.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 14:36
    ah but is it blood?...what if it just behaves like blood but is actually something else eh? (see...I too can write stupid things)
    One question: Are you sure that you exist?
  14. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 14:38
    The point that you are missing is that we don't deny anything.

We claim that God exists. You are the ones who are denying his existence.

And you also seem not to realise that using a double negative is not the same as making an absolute negation.
    you deny the non-existance of God!!!...whether it is a double negative or not you now have to search every corner of the bloody universe to prove he does not *not exist*...happy hunting
  15. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 14:411 edit
    I believe In the Flying Spaghetti Monster too...you go and find me some proof that he doesn't exist

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree