1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 14:54
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    If you don't believe in absolute truth then you should ask someone to cut open your arm, and you will find the proof of the absolute truth that a cut to the arm draweth blood.
    Even that is not an absoltute truth. You failed to indicate whether the arm was living or dead. A dead arm will not bleed so where is your absolute in that area?
    Also what you describe as absolute truth can only be absolute belief.
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 15:04
    Originally posted by Agerg
    you deny the non-existance of God!!!...whether it is a double negative or not you now have to search every corner of the bloody universe to prove he does not *not exist*...happy hunting
    So in other words you are saying that you need absolute knowledge to validate anything, since by validating something you are ruling out it's non-existence?

That is as absurd as you can get.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 15:07
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Even that is not an absoltute truth. You failed to indicate whether the arm was living or dead. A dead arm will not bleed so where is your absolute in that area?
    Also what you describe as absolute truth can only be absolute belief.
    Even that is not an absoltute truth. You failed to indicate whether the arm was living or dead.

Do you mean to say that Agerg would carry a dead arm with him or do you mean to say that Agerg is dead?
  4. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 15:123 edits
    So in other words you are saying that you need absolute knowledge to validate anything, since by validating something you are ruling out it's non-existence?

That is as absurd as you can get.
    I never said you need absolute knowledge to validate *anything*... I'm refuting your standpoint by arguing that you need absolute knowledge to deny the non existance of God!!! (because your entire argument is totally ridiculous, and so I choose to warp it such that it serves my own ends)

Prove to me that you are not *mistaken and that only the Flying Spaghetti Monster is the true being that is transcendant over all others.
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 15:14
    [b]Even that is not an absoltute truth. You failed to indicate whether the arm was living or dead.

Do you mean to say that Agerg would carry a dead arm with him or do you mean to say that Agerg is dead?[/b]
    I am dead...prove I am not!!!
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 15:161 edit
    I never said you need absolute knowledge to validate *anything*... I'm refuting your standpoint by arguing that you need absolute knowledge to deny the non existance of God!!! (because your entire argument is totally ridiculous, and so I choose to warp such that it serves my own ends)

Prove to me that you are not *mistaken and that only the Flying Spaghetti Monster is the true being that is transcendant over all others.
    So how would you prove that there is no gold in China without having absolute knowledge of China?
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 15:19
    I am dead...prove I am not!!!
    You just replied to my post.

You are alive!
  8. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 15:192 edits
    So how would you prove that there is no gold in China without having absolute knowledge?
    The same way you would you prove that there is no Flying Spaghetti Monster without having absolute knowledge. 😉

I'm still waiting for your proof that the FSM does not exist!!!
  9. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 15:201 edit
    You just replied to my post.

You are alive!
    I am the ghost of Agerg...I'm still dead, you made an absolute negation that you cannot prove!!!
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 15:21
    The same way you'd would you prove that there is no Flying Spaghetti Monster without having absolute knowledge. 😉

I'm still waiting for your proof that the FSM does not exist!!!
    I never made the claim that the FSM does not exist.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 15:23
    I am the ghost of Agerg...I'm still dead, you made an absolute negation that you cannot prove!!!
    I can also play this game...

Prove that a ghost is not alive! 😀
  12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 15:231 edit
    I now believe that The Flying Spaghetti monster lied to you all about God, and because he feels guilty about it he will now make himself *not exist*...prove this isn't so!
  13. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 15:24
    I can also play this game...

Prove that a ghost is not alive! 😀
    I am the *not living* ghost of Agerg
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 15:25
    I now believe that The Flying Spaghetti monster lied to us all about God, and because he feels guilty about it he will now make himself *not exist*...prove this isn't so!
    You are the one who has to prove that the FSM exists since you made the claim.
  15. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 15:25
    You haven't resolved the *only being transcendent over others* bit

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree