1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    06 Mar '11 23:183 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    You mean like, turning a blind eye to plagiarism?
    I don't think Dasa has any notion of how people value the integrity and acknowledgement of their intellectual property. There are a few resources that I have made available online (as well as a couple of creative works) for others; and I'd be p!ssed as hell were someone to implicitly pass them off as their own work by failing to cite the location from which they were obtained and/or failing to reference myself as the author/creator.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 00:00
    Originally posted by Agerg
    I don't think Dasa has any notion of how people value the integrity and acknowledgement of their intellectual property. There are a few resources that I have made available online (as well as a couple of creative works) for others; and I'd be p!ssed as hell were someone to implicitly pass them off as their own work by failing to cite the location from which they were obtained and/or failing to reference myself as the author/creator.
    His cavalier attitude to who actually wrote stuff, and the ambiguity about whether he is saying what he is saying or he is saying what someone else is saying - or said - sits very uncomfortably with his strident assertions about "authority" and "unauthorised versions" and correct and incorrect interpretations of Vedic teachings. Meanwhile, as he deceives the forum - whether he thinks his professed innocence is "common knowledge" or not - he blithely expects everyone to just take him at his word.
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 08:50
    process cont,

Now that Vedanta has been established as the eternal spiritual teaching for all living entities, and second to none, it is very clearly recognized as the only authority for anyone desiring to live the spiritual life and perfect their lives.

Nothing else comes close to establishing the facts of spiritual living and describing the process for raising the consciousness to the transcendental platform, which is absolutely necessary to return home back to Godhead.

Persons desiring to return back home to Godhead, must embrace the following practices.....

1. study the Vedanta teachings to purify the mind and heart and to remove the material conditioning by establishing the truth of God.

2. constantly chant the transcendental names of God to clean the dirt covering the heart.

3. associate only with persons on the path of spiritual living.

4. refrain from meat eating, gambling, intoxication and illicit sex.

This is the process of spiritual life, and to embrace all these practices will certainly in time, bring the person to the transcendental platform of love of God.

There is no other way......... and it is the duty of every sincere person who is desiring spiritual fore fillment to look very closely at what Vedanta is presenting, for Vedanta is the only eternal spiritual teaching coming from the Personality of Godhead, and everything else is but a candle held to the sun of Vedanta..
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 23:36
    Originally posted by Dasa
    process cont,

Now that Vedanta has been established as the eternal spiritual teaching for all living entities, and second to none, it is very clearly recognized as the only authority for anyone desiring to live the spiritual life and perfect their lives.

Nothing else comes close to establishing the facts of spiritual living and describing the process for ...[text shortened]... rom the Personality of Godhead, and everything else is but a candle held to the sun of Vedanta..
    Good grief, are you Jason from Friday the 13th!
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 11:13
    process cont,

Nothing else comes close to establishing the facts of spiritual living and describing the process for ...[text shortened]... rom the Personality of Godhead, and everything else is but a candle held to the sun of Vedanta..
    Even if this was the case , one would still need to interpret their experience of Vedanta or any othe holy book correctly.
    By "correctly" I mean that one must be truthful within oneself, to ones own conscience, and follow their internal dialogue to find their own dharma.

Clearly Vedanta is not the only authority, and I resent you using the word "authority" in the way that you present a choiceless, unimaginative, chakra-closed model of spirituality.
    Authority comes from within. I am suspect of any outside authority, and the only one person in my life that I have given authority over to (over me), was an individual. An individual whom I met and conversed with and gained an understanding with.
    This doesn't just happen everyday.
    And clearly it was the living example and not some dead text that had invigorated my "soul".
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 15:591 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Even if this was the case , one would still need to interpret their experience of Vedanta or any othe holy book correctly.
    By "correctly" I mean that one must be truthful within oneself, to ones own conscience, and follow their internal dialogue to find their own dharma.

Clearly Vedanta is not the only authority, and I resent you using the word "au clearly it was the living example and not some dead text that had invigorated my "soul".
    But Vedanta is the only authority and it covers all aspects of spirituality, even Buddhism, and the worship of Lord Siva....

Here is a little of the authoritative commentary about Lord Siva from Vedanta

"There are three things that are inconceivable: the position of Lord Siva, hladini sakti, and, yes, guru-tattva." (BR Sridhara Swami)

Siva ("Auspicious One", is one of the members of the trimurti (Brahma, Visnu and Siva). He is in charge of the material mode of ignorance (tamo-guna)connected with the destruction of the universe. "The personality of the destructive principle in the form of time has been identified with that of Sambhu by scriptural evidences that have been adduced in the commentary." (Brahma-samhita 5.45p. His position is between the living beings (jiva-tattva) and the Supreme Lord, Visnu (visnu-tattva, in the category of his own, siva-tattva.

Siva is usually depicted in painting and sculpture as white or ash-colored, with a blue neck (from holding in his throat the poison thrown up at the churning of the cosmic ocean, which threatened to destroy humankind, his hair arranged in a coil of matted locks (jatamakuta and adorned with the crescent moon and the Ganges (he allowed her to trickle through his hair. He has three eyes, the third eye bestowing inward vision but capable of burning destruction when focused outward. He wears a garland of skulls and a serpent around his neck and carries in his two (sometimes four hands a deerskin, a trident, a small hand drum, or a club with a skull at the end.

Siva is represented in a variety of forms: in a pacific mood with his consort Parvati and son Skanda, as the cosmic dancer (Natarada, as a naked ascetic, as a mendicant beggar, as a yogi, and as the androgynous union of Siva and his consort in one body, half-male and half-female (Ardhanarisvara. Among his common epithets are Sambhu ("Benignant", Sankara ("Beneficent", Pasupati ("Lord of Beasts", Mahesa ("Great Lord", Mahadeva ("Great God", Rudra ("Crying", Asutosa ("Easily pacified", Bhutanatha ("Lord of Ghosts", Tripurari ("Victor over the three demoniac cities" etc.

Brahma, the original creature in the universe, is the father of Rudra who appeared from his forehead when Brahma became angry at his sons, four Kumaras. (Srimad-Bhagavatam - SB - 3.12.4-10.

So Vedanta is truly the authority on anything spiritual, and it has much detailed information about Lord Siva, who is worshipped and given great respect by Vedanta.

What can be said about Vedanta is.........That if anything is supported by Vedanta then it is clearly authentic.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Mar '11 21:542 edits
    I wanted to explain something to you about why I as a Christian eat meat. You have made made vehement charges about Christians eating meat (though I am sure there are probably some vegaterian Christians as well).

But my conscience is quite at peace eating meat. In fact it is a good thing that I do so. And when I know you are reading this, I will discuss with you why.

Should I open a thread dedicated to that ?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Mar '11 00:38
    "The process and Dharma"

... but what about Greg???
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Mar '11 00:44

Siva is usually depicted in painting and sculpture as white or ash-colored, with a blue neck (from holding in his throat the poison thrown up at the churning of the cosmic ocean, which threatened to destroy humankind, his hair arranged in a coil of matted locks (jatamakuta and adorned with the crescent moon and the Ganges (he allowed her to trickle through hi ...[text shortened]... came angry at his sons, four Kumaras. (Srimad-Bhagavatam - SB - 3.12.4-10.

"ummmmmmmm, yeah, I hope you brought enough for the whole class to share..."

And yet you have the gall to sit there and say that MY book, the Bible, is in error.

So much for "truthfulness".
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Mar '11 00:46

umm, wait, what?

No, really.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Mar '11 02:35
    Vedanta does not present mundane religion.......but mundane religion is mostly fabricated and there are many on offer.

Instead Vedanta presents Santana Dharma which is not the same as mundane religion..

Santana-dharma does not refer to any sectarian process of religion. It is the eternal function of the eternal living entities in relationship with the et ...[text shortened]... rld, to the service of Krishna in the spiritual world, is the art of Krishna consciousness.
    BTW, you CAN take heat from fire, IR radiation does that all the time. Does that fly in the face of your religion?
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Mar '11 05:32
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    "The process and Dharma"

... but what about Greg???
    Isn't he a closet gay? 😀
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Mar '11 15:27
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Isn't he a closet gay? 😀
    You're thinking of Will on Will and Grace, although he wasn't actually in the closet.
  14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '11 17:02
    Vedanta does not present mundane religion.......but mundane religion is mostly fabricated and there are many on offer.

Instead Vedanta presents Santana Dharma which is not the same as mundane religion..

Santana-dharma does not refer to any sectarian process of religion. It is the eternal function of the eternal living entities in relationship with the et ...[text shortened]... rld, to the service of Krishna in the spiritual world, is the art of Krishna consciousness.
    Before enlightenment; chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment; chop wood, carry water.
  15. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    25 Mar '11 17:07
    Originally posted by JS357
    Before enlightenment; chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment; chop wood, carry water.
    "Master, we dress and eat everyday. How do we escape from having to do these things?"
    "I tell you how. Get up, dress and eat."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Have you had something to drink?"
    "No, master"
    "Here, have a cup of tea"

"Have you had something to drink?"
    "Yes, master"
    "Here, have a cup of tea."

"Master, how come no matter what people ask, you always offer them a cup of tea?"
    "Here, have a cup of tea"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree